Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 CMA Awards

CU4ever

She has no video to vote for. And Carrie fans have been lazy voting recently.

Pissed about Lainey winning. what a freaking joke. I hope Carrie doesn't leave country. I LOVE her country music.
I am hoping there will be an OOTT video for the CMTs😞 I remember after the fiasco of 2019, we won her an AMA and she was so happy. Maybe this can make her fans vote again? Idk why we have been lazy to vote lately when we won for her just in 2021 and 2022. Voting is what we are known for and I hope other artists don’t start winning every one of those too

Last edited:

monkeyboy16

Yeah I know it’s mostly Morgan fans up in arms, and rightfully so, but I really can’t help but feel this was a message to us and Carrie that she will never win this award. Similar to what someone posted above, this isn’t an attack on Lainey. She had a great year and had every right to be nominated, which to me showed that the CMAs were trying to right some wrongs. However, the win was incredibly political. The voters hate Morgan because of his racist past (good), but it also shows that they hate Carrie. Laineys WME team took full advantage of this and got her the win. I’m glad a woman finally won, but what a slap in the face to Carrie, who’s had twice the career and to never win, and at this point never will

Zach1998

Surprisingly Twitter passed the vibe check, and I see a lot of pissed people. Honestly, if we are going on impact within the last year, it was Morgan’s or Luke’s to lose.

It has to be a slap in the face for Luke too, cause she was his opener this past year. That’d be like them giving it to Jimmie Allen over Carrie. Clown show.

maddkat

Staff member
CMAs are just a sad little bought and paid for show. They've lost all meaning when they give the top award to an opener because she had a hit song and lots of PR.

I don't know who had the courtesy to leak this result to Carrie and Miranda but good for them. No way they should have been in the audience to see that arrogance.

rcramer

Yeah I know it’s mostly Morgan fans up in arms, and rightfully so, but I really can’t help but feel this was a message to us and Carrie that she will never win this award. Similar to what someone posted above, this isn’t an attack on Lainey. She had a great year and had every right to be nominated, which to me showed that the CMAs were trying to right some wrongs. However, the win was incredibly political. The voters hate Morgan because of his racist past (good), but it also shows that they hate Carrie. Lainey's WME team took full advantage of this and got her the win. I’m glad a woman finally won, but what a slap in the face to Carrie, who’s had twice the career and to never win, and at this point never will
I can't see how anyone can hate or attack on Lainey but geez, one has to release she just started in the business and has not even had her own successful tour... This award, what I have always thought was something that was earned or paid your dues for.. These awards are not won on principle anymore but by one governing body WME...

Shame on the whole damn industry for allowing this such thing to happen.... Now I totally understand why Carrie bowed out and rightfully so...... Sad that us fans for not having the chance to watch her do a killer performance...

JennyD

CMAs are just a sad little bought and paid for show. They've lost all meaning when they give the top award to an opener because she had a hit song and lots of PR.

I don't know who had the courtesy to leak this result to Carrie and Miranda but good for them. No way they should have been in the audience to see that arrogance.
Yes….they had to have known. First time in their careers they both skipped CMAs even though nominated. And it also seemed they are both in Nashville right now 🤔

CU4ever

I think this was the year the CMAs finally lost any significance or meaning to anyone. Twitter is mostly everyone disgusted. Luke fans, Morgan fans, Carrie fans, even Miranda fans.

People can excuse Garth winning but no one can excuse an opening act with one hit song winning.

The problem is, what’s the worse that can happen? These shows will never get canceled.

CU4ever

Surprisingly Twitter passed the vibe check, and I see a lot of pissed people. Honestly, if we are going on impact within the last year, it was Morgan’s or Luke’s to lose.

It has to be a slap in the face for Luke too, cause she was his opener this past year. That’d be like them giving it to Jimmie Allen over Carrie. Clown show.
And next year, she’s opening for Morgan. So they both have huge tours and their opening act won.

Also ironic that this year, both Morgan and Luke had absolute crossover smashes with their songs, bigger than even pop songs.

I never thought of this but it honestly is probably true. There’s a reason both skipped the show for the first time ever. I wonder how they found out.

i Honestly feel like they both skipped due to what Lainey winning represents

liz278

I think what bothers most people is that they seem to change the criteria for winning. When Carrie was first nominated they said that the award was for touring and overall influence in country music and they said that she hadn't met their criteria yet. Years later she has done everything that they said she needed to do to win, and they change the criteria again and a person who hasn't done anywhere near what Carrie has done, they award it to her. Last year when both Carrie and Miranda were nominated I would have been sad that Carrie didn't win but I would have been happy to see a woman win.

The other thing that bothers me is her acceptance speech. No nod/thanks to all the women who have paved the way for her to get where she is today. (Loretta, Dolly, Reba, Barbara, the Chicks)

CU4ever

2019-11.3M viewers
2020- first year without Carrie - crashed to 7.1M, this was the first year ever below 10M viewers and coincidentally it fell this much (and never recovered) when Carrie stopped hosting
2023- all time low, noteworthy since 2022 was up from 2021

Smokyiiis

All the Morgan Wallen fans bellyaching that he didn’t win Entertainer of the Year or anything else despite being the most commercially successful artist in music at the moment, get over it. It’s due to his own stupid mouth. And though Wallen deserves forgiveness, that forgiveness often takes time. Morgan Wallen will get his. Luke Combs already got his last year, and will likely get more in the future. Chris Stapleton already got Entertainer of the Year from the ACM, and so did Carrie Underwood.

But still, who you really feel bad for in this situation is Carrie Underwood, and especially Miranda Lambert. For the last dozen years they had to put up with all the bullshit in country music during the Bro-Country era, working twice as hard as their male counterparts, only to get shut out of Entertainer of the Year contention. And unlike Wallen, Combs, and Stapleton, they may never get another chance. Then here comes Lainey Wilson only a year removed from winning New Artist of the Year, and walks away with the big prize.

But none of this is Lainey Wilson’s fault. Dig into her history, including the nearly decade she spent paying dues before she got signed and started to blow up, hustling the whole time to build a career in an era when it was nearly impossible for women. Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert at least started out before the Bro-Country wave, not in the midst of it.

This win by Lainey Wilson is for ALL country women. Lainey Wilson said as much in her speech accepting Female Vocalist of the Year. That is how country fans should look at it, because that’s how the CMA voters saw it. It’s also a win for all artists that keep it country. Though Lainey Wilson may still not be country enough for some, she was the most country contender for the 2023 CMA Entertainer of the Year.

Here’s the whole article and it’s rather lengthy….

Hil

2019-11.3M viewers
2020- first year without Carrie - crashed to 7.1M, this was the first year ever below 10M viewers and coincidentally it fell this much (and never recovered) when Carrie stopped hosting
2023- all time low, noteworthy since 2022 was up from 2021
quoted this on twitter and credited you. didn't know your twitter handle so i just posted your user name on here.

liz278

All the Morgan Wallen fans bellyaching that he didn’t win Entertainer of the Year or anything else despite being the most commercially successful artist in music at the moment, get over it. It’s due to his own stupid mouth. And though Wallen deserves forgiveness, that forgiveness often takes time. Morgan Wallen will get his. Luke Combs already got his last year, and will likely get more in the future. Chris Stapleton already got Entertainer of the Year from the ACM, and so did Carrie Underwood.

But still, who you really feel bad for in this situation is Carrie Underwood, and especially Miranda Lambert. For the last dozen years they had to put up with all the bullshit in country music during the Bro-Country era, working twice as hard as their male counterparts, only to get shut out of Entertainer of the Year contention. And unlike Wallen, Combs, and Stapleton, they may never get another chance. Then here comes Lainey Wilson only a year removed from winning New Artist of the Year, and walks away with the big prize.

But none of this is Lainey Wilson’s fault. Dig into her history, including the nearly decade she spent paying dues before she got signed and started to blow up, hustling the whole time to build a career in an era when it was nearly impossible for women. Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert at least started out before the Bro-Country wave, not in the midst of it.

This win by Lainey Wilson is for ALL country women. Lainey Wilson said as much in her speech accepting Female Vocalist of the Year. That is how country fans should look at it, because that’s how the CMA voters saw it. It’s also a win for all artists that keep it country. Though Lainey Wilson may still not be country enough for some, she was the most country contender for the 2023 CMA Entertainer of the Year.

Here’s the whole article and it’s rather lengthy….

Thanks for posting this, I don't agree with him most of the time and don't like to visit his page. But I appreciate his comments on Carrie but totally disagree with him on the fact that she deserved it.