Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 CMA Awards

Zach1998

I'm sorry and no shade to Lainey at all, but I really don't want to see her in the final 5 nominees for entertainer, mainly since they waited over a decade to even get Carrie there, when her success then far succeeded what Lainey has achieved.

I feel like the general public/industry is getting a little too fascinated with her, she's had two solo hits, and a couple of duets, and the industry and general public is already calling her the next Dolly. I just get annoyed seeing how much more CU has accomplished over her career and the industry always just swept it under the rug and tried pulling any justification not to acknowledge her. And I say all this loving Lainey as a person.

adam1995

I'm sorry and no shade to Lainey at all, but I really don't want to see her in the final 5 nominees for entertainer, mainly since they waited over a decade to even get Carrie there, when her success then far succeeded what Lainey has achieved.

I feel like the general public/industry is getting a little too fascinated with her, she's had two solo hits, and a couple of duets, and the industry and general public is already calling her the next Dolly. I just get annoyed seeing how much more CU has accomplished over her career and the industry always just swept it under the rug and tried pulling any justification not to acknowledge her. And I say all this loving Lainey as a person.
To be fair Carrie was massive from the start too, and the public was obsessed. It just what happens. Had Carrie come up now with the hits she started with, she'd likely be in the final 15 for EOTY also, heck she may have been back in 2006, we just didn't know.

Lainey may not make it to the final round anyway. I think it's still too early for her, plus it seems, despite how big a female artist gets they always have to wait a little longer to get into EOTY versus a male artist. I think Carrie is in this year, and Lainey is on the outside. Could be wrong though.

Zach1998

^
Agreed. I don’t mind her being in the top 15, as I can acknowledge her success has been relatively large for a female in the genre over the past year, it’s just if she makes it to the final ballot that will rub me the wrong way, given how long Carrie had to wait, after all of her success she saw.

rcramer

I can see Lainey being there since she is an WME artist... But will she make the final cut, that remains to be seen....

FanSince04

Maybe I’m too optimistic… but I do feel Carrie has a MUCH BETTER shot this year than any other year (excluding 2016) of winning EOTY.

abbeyjones18

Honestly, the way I see it is the the labels/promoters are simply just doing their jobs. Is it to early for Lainey to be consider for Entertainer? YES!!! If I was in charge of promoting artists, I'm putting them in every category that they are able to be in, no matter in they are ready to be there or not. 🤷‍♀️

CU4ever

I think Lainey has largely benefited from some viral things on social media. If she does get nominated that would be too much for me, because she would probably end up winning soon if that happened. I get that she’s had success but the success might not have any longevity. Carrie had to wait over a decade before she was consistently an EOTY nominee

Zach1998

I'm not going to get excited for EOTY at the CMAs, but I will say. If Carrie gets in and is the only female, her odds are a lot better than the past few years were when it was both her and Miranda competing for votes.

Technically Combs and Wallen had larger years, but I see all those years where Carrie rightfully earned it at they overlooked her, so I don't see an issue, since she had a very successful year herself. Maybe Wallen and Combs will split the votes and CU will be able to pull ahead.

CU4ever

I do wonder if Miranda didn’t make the top 15 due to leaving her label. If so, it would really speak to the power that holds.

I will never expect Carrie to win anything at these award shows tbh. We didn’t even win anything at the CMTs this year (granted they changed the way to vote), but it’ll probably go to combs or something. They’ll always pass up Carrie when she deserves it but couldn’t dare do that to the other nominees

FanSince04

I do wonder if Miranda didn’t make the top 15 due to leaving her label. If so, it would really speak to the power that holds.

I will never expect Carrie to win anything at these award shows tbh. We didn’t even win anything at the CMTs this year (granted they changed the way to vote), but it’ll probably go to combs or something. They’ll always pass up Carrie when she deserves it but couldn’t dare do that to the other nominees
Carrie has dominated the CMT Awards for years. I’m ok with others winning.

CU4ever

Other fan bases might feel she has unfairly won all these years at the CMTs.
Maybe. But Because the CMTs are fan voted, I don’t think that’s the same feeling/thing as her never winning anything at the industry voted shows, which are unfair to her. Including years she lost FVOTY while the winning artist took that year off, or the 2019 CMA EOTY. It’s just not the same thing

adam1995

Maybe. But Because the CMTs are fan voted, I don’t think that’s the same feeling/thing as her never winning anything at the industry voted shows, which are unfair to her. Including years she lost FVOTY while the winning artist took that year off, or the 2019 CMA EOTY. It’s just not the same thing
Semantics really. Is what it is. Shouldn't disparage another artist (Lainey, it's not her fault) just because you think she might get nominated which isn't the most likely scenario.

CU4ever

Semantics really. Is what it is. Shouldn't disparage another artist (Lainey, it's not her fault) just because you think she might get nominated which isn't the most likely scenario.
I didn’t disparage Lainey. I never said anything was her fault…lol. I wasn’t even the one who brought her up or the only one who said this. I just said it would be disappointing because Carrie had to wait so long to be acknowledged and nominated consistently for her success.

Last edited:

adam1995

I didn’t disparage Lainey. I never said anything was her fault…lol. I wasn’t even the one who brought her up or the only one who said this (so I’m not sure why I was quote replied to). I just said it would be a disappointing reminder that Carrie has never been favored by the award shows
The disappointment towards other artists achievements is a bit disparaging. It makes it seems as if they don't deserve the success or the accolades. It might not be a direct word for word criticism, but it definitely puts down another artist to constantly act as if they shouldn't be considered in the same category with Carrie. Now, you can personally feel that way, but it doesn't mean on the whole that should be the case.