Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 CMA Awards

liz278

2019-11.3M viewers

2020- first year without Carrie - crashed to 7.1M, this was the first year ever below 10M viewers and coincidentally it fell this much (and never recovered) when Carrie stopped hosting

2023- all time low, noteworthy since 2022 was up from 2021
I had to laugh because an account posted that it was a huge success because it was the #1 show last night. And they even posted the numbers. Someone needs to tell them the statistics of with Carrie and without Carrie 🙂

Smokyiiis

Thanks for posting this, I don't agree with him most of the time and don't like to visit his page. But I appreciate his comments on Carrie but totally disagree with him on the fact that she deserved it.
Totally agree and I didn’t go on his website I got it from SmartNews. Lol. (They got it from him)

The Nanook

After last night I hope Carrie is thinking about who the audience for her next album is. I think Carrie's overdue for a sonic shift, but after IIDLY and OOTT's streaming success I have a feeling she/her team is still going to try to cater to country radio for another album or two in hopes of getting another hit somehow. There's still that Cody Johnson duet coming up too that may do well. But as a solo artist it seems she's got little to no momentum left, considering they've tried singles with her classic sound (Ghost Story), what sounded like a good upbeat song for country radio (Hate My Heart), and putting out a song that was already streaming well (OOTT), that I don't think another song like OOTT/Damage/D&H as the next lead single will do much better. It seems the only way to add some spark at this point would be to try something new to try to gain new fans or critical appreciation. I'd love for her to pivot to a folk/indie/country sound and sort of go the way of Kacey Musgraves or Taylor's Folklore/Evermore. Or even put out a pop album haha, though that would never happen.

Last edited:

liz278

^^^She is 40 now, so I assume radio is over her. I don't know of any woman over 40 who hits #1 on the radio. Men can even win the EOTY after 40. I don't expect Carrie to do anything except what she wants to do and not even worry about the awards anymore. I also don't expect her to go to these awards shows anymore (except for the Grammy's)

angeliccarrie

Thanks for posting this, I don't agree with him most of the time and don't like to visit his page. But I appreciate his comments on Carrie but totally disagree with him on the fact that she deserved it.
Carrie truly deserved the award; especially for the last few tours.did he ever see Carrie in concert? Can you imagine if they gave the award to Carrie when she was an opening act. They would have had riots. I feel for Carrie. The country community has not been kind to her and all she ever did was win American Idol and tell everyone how much she loved country. I really wish she went pop or at least kept that lane open earlier in her career.

angeliccarrie

Now with no radio promo, the lack of enthusiasm for D&R, and a huge slap in the face from the industry, do you think she will move on or continue making music. I know after the Play on tour and not winning the EOT year award then, she said she reevaluated her career. I just worry, what now? It's too late to switch genres, so I'm concerned. I want to look ahead for some good news

countrymusicfan15

Now with no radio promo, the lack of enthusiasm for D&R, and a huge slap in the face from the industry, do you think she will move on or continue making music. I know after the Play on tour and not winning the EOT year award then, she said she reevaluated her career. I just worry, what now? It's too late to switch genres, so I'm concerned. I want to look ahead for some good news
I mean if she loves to make music and tour and play for the fans, why would it make her stop doing that??

rcramer

^^^She is 40 now, so I assume radio is over her. I don't know of any woman over 40 who hits #1 on the radio. Men can even win the EOTY after 40. I don't expect Carrie to do anything except what she wants to do and not even worry about the awards anymore. I also don't expect her to go to these awards shows anymore (except for the Grammy's)
Sadly, this seems the case.... And at her level now she can do what she wants to do.... She will always have those die hard fans that have followed her from American Idol days.. I don't care what kind of music she puts out because IMO everything she does is vocal perfection....... But I would love a traditional country album from her... I'm sure it would be awesome.....

And things have drastically changed since then too... This award show is a complete and utter joke.... The block voting and WME strangle hold... Sucks....

Jane-Alex

After last night I hope Carrie is thinking about who the audience for her next album is. I think Carrie's overdue for a sonic shift, but after IIDLY and OOTT's streaming success I have a feeling she/her team is still going to try to cater to country radio for another album or two in hopes of getting another hit somehow. There's still that Cody Johnson duet coming up too that may do well. But as a solo artist it seems she's got little to no momentum left, considering they've tried singles with her classic sound (Ghost Story), what sounded like a good upbeat song for country radio (Hate My Heart), and putting out a song that was already streaming well (OOTT), that I don't think another song like OOTT/Damage/D&H as the next lead single will do much better. It seems the only way to add some spark at this point would be to try something new to try to gain new fans or critical appreciation. I'd love for her to pivot to a folk/indie/country sound and sort of go the way of Kacey Musgraves or Taylor's Folklore/Evermore. Or even put out a pop album haha, though that would never happen.
This yes, I’m really hoping next album is something completely different, not because of radio or awards but because I just need something new and different from her. I would even welcome traditional country album without pop and rock sound.
I mean she can do anything, so why not experiment more.
Of course, I would love for her to release album that would shock the whole country music industry, but thats not so important. (though it would be awesome:D)

rcramer

Interesting to read an article over on pulse music boards were one of the members there asked about if it was known about WME and block voting, and one of the other members posted an article that it is known… WME is the main reason why Carrie never won the EOTY award and all the snubs that she has received year after year for FVOTY…

these award shows are a complete joke.

Last edited:

Hil

Carrie truly deserved the award; especially for the last few tours.did he ever see Carrie in concert? Can you imagine if they gave the award to Carrie when she was an opening act. They would have had riots. I feel for Carrie. The country community has not been kind to her and all she ever did was win American Idol and tell everyone how much she loved country. I really wish she went pop or at least kept that lane open earlier in her career.
I wanted to like your post until you said you wish she went pop. I LOVE her country music, it's why I"m a fan. Obviously I love her as a person too, but you're not a fan of someone for 20 years just because they're nice. Screw the industry. You really think pop would have been kinder?! Carrie is still going to be a legend in country.

Last edited:

FanSince04

I’ve realized all award shows are rigged and radio for that matter. My father has worked in the business for over 45 years and has shared plenty with me. He doesn’t know everything, but 45 years working with a variety of genres (pop, country, Christian, oldies, etc.) you see trends and have insight others do not have.

Carrie is fine and will be fine. I’d love an album of ballads from her… I’m talking “Wine After Whiskey” and “Temporary Home” type songs

liz278

Interesting to read an article over on pulse music boards were one of the members there asked about if it was known about WME and block voting, and one of the other members posted an article that it is known… WME is the main reason why Carrie never won the EOTY award and all the snubs that she has received year after year for FVOTY…

these award shows are a complete joke.
I would like to read the article if you can post it here.

Hil

I would like to read the article if you can post it here.
Here it is.

angeliccarrie

You're probably right. She would have experienced backlash in another genre too because of Idol. Honestly, I love country and pop together, but now I would want a more acoustic country album from Carrie. Just think of how brilliant and breathtaking it could be with her voice.