Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People's Choice Country Awards Sept 28

liz278

I saw the first first round of performances, no Carrie (was wondering if they would have a song from Vegas). I saw Carly and Kelsea. I know that Carrie is in Vegas, so do you think since she isn't there that she will will win anything?

countrymusicfan15

^ probably not, these shows always award those that attend and they do have final say in who the winners are voting be damned
Yep they use us to get hits on their website and draw in viewers for the show. Then they pick the winners. It’s sad. but I still have fun voting and if anything, Carrie getting tons of votes solidifies she’ll always be nominated at these kinda awards shows and asked to perform! So it’s not all a lost cause. Aaaand there’s always the chance it could be legit so I hold onto that idea too lol

CU4ever

I imagine she “lost” because she wasn’t attending

but if not, I’m saddened we’ve lost every fan voted award this era. Of course I do think CMT is partially not our fault due to the change from Twitter to Facebook

liz278

Carrie lost Top Female Artist & Social Star

Concert Tour hasn’t been announced yet.

Well I am not watching. I figured since Carrie wasn't there she wasn't going to win anything. I figured they nominated her to get us to vote.

Smokyiiis

I don’t like the way these shows present anymore. The stars barely dress up at all anymore and it all seems so hit and miss to me. I’m just not INTO it. and I honestly believe at least in my case it’s not just that Carrie didn’t win….could be just I’m aging lol. I used to get so excited in the past for award shows. I don’t even turn the channel on nowadays. But I did vote like crazy.

rcramer

I don’t like the way these shows present anymore. The stars barely dress up at all anymore and it all seems so hit and miss to me. I’m just not INTO it. and I honestly believe at least in my case it’s not just that Carrie didn’t win….could be just I’m aging lol. I used to get so excited in the past for award shows. I don’t even turn the channel on nowadays. But I did vote like crazy.

I'm in the same boat..... Carrie had her awesome years and what a great ride it was.... I go back to her AI days; I was like glue watching her that season.

Now and days, things have changed..... Awards, Charts etc mean nothing anymore..... And this new crop or generation of singers, they can have them.... Only for a handful that I do like vocally....

Hil

no punches pulled….flat out bad
I didn't watch either, but in all fairness Saving Country Music trashes everything. Hard to tell anything from him. Although, from those who attended it looked awful

liz278

I saw who won, and I don't really understand. I don't think they announced Morgan's wins, and I don't think he was there. So I really don't think LW has more fans than Carrie . . . Just saying. I have a feeling that a lot of these fan voted shows are not always awarding the person who has the most votes. Like Donna said, in the fine print they pick the winner.

rcramer

I saw who won, and I don't really understand. I don't think they announced Morgan's wins, and I don't think he was there. So I really don't think LW has more fans than Carrie . . . Just saying. I have a feeling that a lot of these fan voted shows are not always awarding the person who has the most votes. Like Donna said, in the fine print they pick the winner.
Well Lainey is the new Miranda for WME…. I’m sure it weren’t her fans either but TPC
pic for the win..

edit: just read where NBCU determines the outcome… I’m sure label bought…

Last edited:

liz278

What is sad is that we (Carrie fans) won't bother voting anymore because I see a lot of people on Twitter finally seeing that even if Carrie had the most votes, NBC and the People's Choice award people have the right to pick the winner.