Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie at the Opry May 13 (2 shows), and June 6 (2 shows)

Zach1998

Was a good night for her. Hope she had a great time. I do agree though, I was kind of hoping for something special for the night, rather than just a normal Opry night. It was good seeing her as always though.

maddkat

Staff member
I saw on twitter they've replaced Carrie's video opening to the Opry with just a highlight reel of the Opry. :(
end of an era

Farawayhills

Thank you for the Sound Cloud posts, Maddkat!

I think this was a well chosen anniversary set. Carrie was able to promote two of her current songs, but also combine that with some career history. I think they fitted well into the general Opry ethos, with two inspirational songs and some that combined musical genre homage with the innovative mix, that I believe has been one her most characteristic career themes. I also liked the relaxed way in which she talks to the audience between songs

"Ghost Story" may not prove to be one of her most enduring successes, but for me that performance was the highlight of this show - I thought she sounded beautiful there. And on that and some of the others, she showed what I see as one of her greatest gifts as an artist - the ability to really feel and interpret the structure of the song, both in the musical variations and in the way she brings out the meaning of the lyrics.

CU4ever

Just getting to watch this. So happy to see she performed OOTT, but like others, I wish Sidney was a bit less loud. But what this did show me was that OOTT *needs* a full, loud live performance at a show or festival of sorts (whatever that may be). It had much more energy (and has even more potential) than HMH has in any live performance IMO

txacar

I have found Sidney is too loud at every non tour event this era. In some performances, All I can hear is Sidney. It is just unpleasant
Opry sound system has always been a holy mess. This is the first time I've ever heard Sidney's voice over Carrie's. Her harmony usually blends beautifully. Doubt she could overpower Carrie's powerful voice, so has to be her mic (same as when one of the instruments is too loud, which happens frequently at Opry).

CU4ever

Opry sound system has always been a holy mess. This is the first time I've ever heard Sidney's voice over Carrie's. Her harmony usually blends beautifully. Doubt she could overpower Carrie's powerful voice, so has to be her mic (same as when one of the instruments is too loud, which happens frequently at Opry).
The live performance of crazy angels last summer I noticed she was way too loud as well. She was fine on tour for me just everything else she has been too loud IMO. Maybe it’s the type of songs this era

liz278

I have always had a problem with the sound on the radio. I don't always enjoy listening on the radio. I always wonder if the Opry listens to their own programs. If they did then maybe they could work on the sound and adjust the mics.