Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm Meeting Steven Tyler Next Wednesday!

teesharky

OMG! that is amazing! Make sure you mention the CMT Xroads with Carrie and tell him how much we all love him! I think he will like that. :)

have fun!

nccountrygal

Lucky you! By the way I just saw that Aerosmith has announced their summer tour and it starts in mid June. The first leg goes through August. Cheap Trick is opening for them but wouldn't it have been great if Carrie was the one touring with them until her fall tour started. Also isn't their new album supposed to come out in May?

carrietakethewheel

Well, tomorrow is the big day! The whole band is going to be there, so now it's not a guarantee I'll meet Steven, but here's to hoping and praying! :)

I'll be sure to share photos!

carrietakethewheel

Just got word from my Mom. There isn't going to be a meet and greet afterward! But, you never know; "....Some hearts just get lucky sometimes"!

carrietakethewheel

Well, guess what?

I GOT TO MEET HIM AFTER ALL! <3

Holy sh*t; best day of muh life! Okeh, so it wasn't like he came by to sign autographs and what-not, but the van he was taking to get him to Idol.... He stopped for a minute so the girl I recently made friends with could give him a couple of belated birthday gifts! He was busy admiring the gifts and talking to her, but little me, I poked my head around the corner, smiled, waved, and mouthed, "HAAAAAAIIIII!"

And....

Ha ha, he did the same! Mouthed, "Oh, hi!" and waved back! :D WHAT IS AIR? The look he gave when he saw me was too freaking adorable for words! OmyGod, he's sooooo freaking nice and down to earth! Cause, obviously, he didn't have to stop the vehicle to "hang out" with us for a minute!

I can't thank that girl enough for letting me tag along with her and meet him! The day overall was amazing and full of surprises! Meeting Steven, though.... Oy. I'm gonna remember this for a long time!

Anyway, thanks to everyone who still put their faith in me. :)

Cps235

OMFG!!!!!!! I am sooooooooo happy for you Ash!!!!!! I'm on cloud 9 right now! You deserved this so much! I've been praying and hoping that your dreams of meeting Steven Tyler will come true & it did! You have no idea how happy I am for you. Wow! Thanks for sharing the news! Congrats <3.

carrietakethewheel

Thanks, Drew!

For those of you who are interested, here's two videos from the press conference;

Professional Vid

Fan Vid

Okay, so I yelled, "STEVEN, I LOVE YOUUU!" around 7:49 in the first video (can't hear me, though), and 3:44 in the second video. In the first one, you'll see that Steven acknowledged! :)

LOL at the guy who yelled, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, STEVEN!" xD

carrietakethewheel

Oh, I should share photos, huh?

My Mom took these with my camera. But, my desktop computer is being completely unreasonable (thus, using my laptop).... So, I just had to snap the pictures via phone from the camera. Until I somehow get the actual photos on a computer, here's these ones;

MeetGreet1.png

The picture he's holding in his hand is a drawing that the girl gave him.

MeetGreet2.png

I was super close to the van, but I zoomed the picture on my camera so it could be just him. xD

And, thanks/you're welcome, Gator! :)

AIgrl06

I'M SO FREAKING HAPPY FOR YOU ASHLEY!!!! :D Ahh! I'm spazzing right now, lol. I'm so excited that you actually did get to meet him after all!! That must have been an unbelievable moment for you, girlie. I can't even imagine what was going through your head... well, probably "Ohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!"

And thanks for sharing those pictures! I can't wait to see more. :)

carrietakethewheel

Katie~ Ya, it was an unbelievable moment! I was sooooo awestruck after he waved and said hi to me, I couldn't think of anything more to say! My mind wasn't clear, and I was frozen. I do wish I could have said more to him, but.... Maybe another day, I'll get lucky again!

I still can't believe this happened! I keep replaying that moment over and over in my head.... So surreal! I was tempted to ask him for a hug, but, 1) He was already in the van, and 2) He had to get to Idol, and I didn't want him to be late. SUCH an amazing experience, though!

All I could think of when we were ascending back to Arizona was what Cinderella says after she returns home from the ball: "Thank you. Thank you so much. For everything." <3