Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By robinannhunt
  • 2 Post By bearball49

Thread: Recordings of long shows & TV specials

Question Recordings of long shows & TV specials

Hi folks, I'm new here so I appologize if the subject is already discussed somewhere.

Though we don't have a live DVD, the things I'm most interested in are recordings of long TV sows (40 minutes or more) where Carrie performs more than one or two songs. I've already seen three of them:

- Christmas speicial from 2009
    - CMT Invitation Only
    - CMT Crossroads with Tyler

Does there exist some more? can you share some links?

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar

oh, great collection! fantastic!
    thanks a lot!

Can anybody share his thougths about what of that great stuff is must-seen? though downloading and watching all of it can take a while

When I go Back I start at 2005 award shows and watch Carrie grow over the years.

Carrie Guru
    I can't think of any tv shows that are that long but there are a few where she does multiple performances. Vinman has it under "Live Performances".

Here are a few non-tv shows where she does multiple performances.

She was part of the CMA songwriter series this past week. CMA Songwriters Series featuring Carrie Underwood (FULL) - YouTube

Walmart soundcheck. Walmart Soundcheck - Watch Carrie Underwood Interviews, Live Performances, Music Videos

iHeart Radio Concert. Vinmans Media

Jimmy has lost it in last 2 years. He had some sort of throat issue and has never recovered. He is fun to watch though.
    opry051008 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    ^^^ Thanks Robin... but wrong thread.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty B View Post
    oh, great collection! fantastic!
    thanks a lot!

Can anybody share his thougths about what of that great stuff is must-seen? though downloading and watching all of it can take a while
    Two of my favorites were recorded a day apart. These are both individual performances that can be seen on You Tube if you get that in Russia, if not, I am sure Vinman capped them both. They were both televised April of 2011. Both had performances by multiple acts, but as usual, Carrie stole the show. The first aired was the ACM awards where she performed two outstanding songs at the end of the show. she started with Undo it and as a surprise guest, Steven Tyler came out and sang with her. They went directly into Walk This Way and they brought the house down. Airing on Good Friday was the second show. It aired on CBS and is called Girl's Night Out. It is to Honour a handful of very special women in country music. There was a tribute to Carrie. She sang a duet with Vince Gil. Instead of singing one of her hits, she chose to sing a very famous gospel hym that is centuries old called How Great Tho Art. That song will probably go down in history as the greatest rendition of that song of all time. It was an honor previously held by Elvis Presley. If you can watch You Tube there, both can be found by searching duetswithcarrie. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
    robinannhunt and Dirty B like this.

•