Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Loretta Lynn American Masters Documentary

Loretta Lynn's American Masters Documentary and Album Preview : People.com

Calling all Loretta Lynn fans: circle March 4 on your calendar!

The iconic singer's new documentary, American Masters – Loretta Lynn: Still a Mountain Girl, will premiere the same day as the release of Full Circle, her first new studio album in more than 10 years.

The film celebrates the Queen of Country's hard-fought road to success and features never-before-seen home movies and performances, along with interviews with Lynn and the famous friends she's inspired – including Miranda Lambert, Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire, Jack White and Sheryl Crow.

Don't miss a beat of country music news, photos and videos! Click here to get all this and more in the PEOPLE Country Newsletter.

"Oh heavens, I never thought of anything like this when I was a kid," says Kentucky native Lynn, 83, in the documentary. "Growing up in Butcher Hollow, that's where you'll stay.

"When I started singing, why I looked at the song book and thought, 'Well heck, this is easy,'" she says. "So I threw the song book down and wrote my own songs."

Lambert, an avid fan, sums up the key to Lynn's superstardom: "Loretta always just said exactly what she was going through right then in her music," she says. "That's why it resonates with us."