Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: ABC's Rising Star

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar

ABC's Rising Star

rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Yet another music show, but I might just watch with Brad being the judge. He is going to guest star on this week's Two and a Half Men. His wife is a recurring guest star right now, playing Alan Harper's (played by Jon Cryer) girlfriend. I watch the show regularly anyway, but I am excited to see Brad on it.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Wow, interesting. So reality TV has basically just infiltrated every corner of country music at this point.

More power to him, i think he would make a great judge mentor.
    I am not remotely interested in another singing reality show, but if I were i think I would enjoy him being on it.

Concert Stars
    I'll probably watch a time or two, to see Brad.
    bluetb4 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I seen on MJ's site that Sarah Darling is going to be on the show.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I have now seen a few commericals and I have to say it looks terrible.

this whole notion of "instant gradification" while judging people spontaneously, is jus icky to me on every level.
    Now we watch a big screen and see how many of us are voting and hoping to see our own face on the screen.
    What a weird and self gratifiying concept.

It just seems pathetic to me. yuck....

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I'm watching to support Brad and I like Josh Groban too.
    rainbow1 likes this.

A friend of mine downloaded the app and its optional if you don't want your face shown you can click something that has it to where your face doesn't make it on TV. If any episodes are available to watch for free on abc . com I'll probably watch to give it a chance, only seen one youtube ad for this show so I don’t know much about it.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Marie, you are computer wise....I downloaded two songs from iTunes. I've been trying to load them to my ipod. I have plenty of room to do it, but they just won't download. Any suggestions?!

I don't have itunes but maybe a different chord will help I used to have itunes but then my laptop died so I hadn't used itunes in over a year. But maybe this link will help

iTunes: Syncing media content to iPod
    rainbow1 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I only got to watch the end of "Rising Star." Did anyone watch the whole show? What did you think of it?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I seen the first hour then flipped over to watch Falling Skies, from what I seen it's pretty much a hot mess.
    bluetb4 and maddkat like this.

Concert Stars
    I watched. The voting thing is kind of fun, with everyone commenting on Twitter. Kind of an American community thing. The first guy was great...Sara Darling sang Merry Go Round and was excellent....the last girl was very good. There was a young girl with an operatic voice who was good. Luda was kind of rude, Kesha doesn't know how to express herself, but Brad said some good things. Josh Gorban was a very good host. We'll see.... if it last....they had a million downloads of the app.
    bluetb4 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    I watched. The voting thing is kind of fun, with everyone commenting on Twitter. Kind of an American community thing. The first guy was great...Sara Darling sang Merry Go Round and was excellent....the last girl was very good. There was a young girl with an operatic voice who was good. Luda was kind of rude, Kesha doesn't know how to express herself, but Brad said some good things. Josh Gorban was a very good host. We'll see.... if it last....they had a million downloads of the app.
    Thanks! The few minutes I watched...I thought Josh seemed like he was doing really well, but I didn't get a good
    feel for the judges. Will try to catch it all next week.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    They need to rethink the pacing. The show dragged a lot and there was a lot of filler. And they only showed 10 auditions in 2 hours. Also they mentioned late in the show that they reached 1 million app downloads. So either most people aren't voting or they had a very small audience.
    rainbow1 and Smokyiiis like this.

I'll go with not voting cause I for one am used to voting after the show not during, plus not everyone has phone/tablet and its summer lots of people's are on vacation for example my church attendance was cut 3/4 short cause 75% decided to go to the beach or something for vacation since its the first week of summer

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I seen the first hour then flipped over to watch Falling Skies, from what I seen it's pretty much a hot mess.
    it is!!
    so much of the time nothing was going on and a lot of it made no sense.
    if you don't get enough votes to raise the wall "and thats it" according to Josh, why raise the wall to talk to them? Move on.

after this initial wall round what's next?

and the judges getting 7% each?? If they vote to keep you then it only takes 49% of America to get through? Absurd! I'd like to see them get rid of the judges all together and just let America decided.No sob stories, no after performance chats.You get up sing for 1:30 and either make it or not and then the next contestant goes.

Josh was way too chatty.He talked endlessly.

The girl they just plucked out of the audience....could that have been more awkward and staged.

and the talent level as a whole was dismal.

I think this show has little future much like that really bad duets show a few years ago.Anyone no how many episodes are scheduled? They may not even air them all.

Ill give this a try for Brad. lol I don't think I'm going to watch it regularly.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I watched to support Brad but my goodness! I don't even think the word 'AWFUL' is adequate. I really lost interest quite quickly and I'm pretty sure that I won't watch again. Also, I didn't vote at all. Just not interested enough to even bother with that. One thing is sure, they won't be finding another Carrie Underwood on this show!!!!

Oh one more comment to Brad -- do you really think the song Merry Go Round is one of the best songs coming out of Nashville in the last 5 years??? Not even close, my friend!!! (For those who didn't watch, Sarah Darling sang that song for her audition and that was one of Brad's comments to her after she performed.)

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast