Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Dexter

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Dexter

How is there no thread for this epic show?

Discuss.

Concert Stars
    WOW SPOILER ALERT FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN SEASON 7.

There was a thread on here, but I think only me and someone else (Hannah?) were posting in it. Obviously, CF has some sort of PROBLEM with serial killers. Pft.

Concert Stars
    Poor Deb! I feel so bad for her. And now Dex is being even more careless. Ugh.

On a completely random note; I just wanna eat Harrison. . I tell my Mom how ADORABLE he is, like 3 times an episode.

Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    WOW SPOILER ALERT FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN SEASON 7.

There was a thread on here, but I think only me and someone else (Hannah?) were posting in it. Obviously, CF has some sort of PROBLEM with serial killers. Pft.

they have a problem with me. LOL they deleted a few of the threads i post in a couple weeks ago. it was weird. haha.

but alas only 5 more months till the final season!

Concert Stars
    I find it exciting that they're speeding up the final season, but I don't know what I'm gonna do with my winter break now. D:

Yeah, I really don't like that Deb's been 100% compromising her morals for Dexter, and that Dexter has now become incredibly stupid. For instance, one of the guys who killed his mom free on the streets. . . that was a CLEAR trap. S1 Dexter would never have fallen for such nonsense!

Ive never felt as badly for a TV character as I do for Deb every season. theres always something each season the sucks for her big time.

Concert Stars
    I find it exciting that they're speeding up the final season, but I don't know what I'm gonna do with my winter break now. D:

Yeah, I really don't like that Deb's been 100% compromising her morals for Dexter, and that Dexter has now become incredibly stupid. For instance, one of the guys who killed his mom free on the streets. . . that was a CLEAR trap. S1 Dexter would never have fallen for such nonsense!
    Well, it makes sense, though. Who'd really want to believe someone they love is a serial killer? Not to mention Deb and Dexter have such a close relationship, it's clear they would do anything for each other. I think it makes complete sense that she would compromise herself for him.

I just hope the storyline of Deb "falling in love" with Dexter is over. . That creeped me out; I suppose it makes sense she'd be messed up, too, though. Both her brothers being serial killers, and all. Anyway, I wasn't crazy about season 6, but man that twist about Travis being delusional and the only killer was GENIUS. OMFG.

Concert Stars
    Deb has lived a far sadder life than Dexter has, imo. This season and S4 were the worst for her, though. Oh, and S1 obviously.

Concert Stars
    Deb has lived a far sadder life than Dexter has, imo. This season and S4 were the worst for her, though. Oh, and S1 obviously.
    I feel terrible for both of them. They both have completely different demons, handled very differently.

Dexter thinks he has control of his demons, but really anyone in his position has no kind of life. That's what makes the show so great though; it's twisted and fascinating.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Well, it makes sense, though. Who'd really want to believe someone they love is a serial killer? Not to mention Deb and Dexter have such a close relationship, it's clear they would do anything for each other. I think it makes complete sense that she would compromise herself for him.

I just hope the storyline of Deb "falling in love" with Dexter is over. . That creeped me out; I suppose it makes sense she'd be messed up, too, though. Both her brothers being serial killers, and all. Anyway, I wasn't crazy about season 6, but man that twist about Travis being delusional and the only killer was GENIUS. OMFG.
    I adored S6, but for some reason, that's a minority opinion. Probably because it reminded me of Angels & Demons, and lots of people irrationally dislike that book.

The incest storyline won't end. If it was gonna end, it would've been last season when they could've just pretended like it never happened. It freaked me out, too, at first, but now I've kinda grown to love it. It's creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    I feel terrible for both of them. They both have completely different demons, handled very differently.

Dexter thinks he has control of his demons, but really anyone in his position has no kind of life. That's what makes the show so great though; it's twisted and fascinating.
    The difference for me is Dexter had one singular (awful, awful) thing that happened to him, and Deb has had many things of a similar caliber happen to her (getting shot with her lover and watching him die next to her, falling victim to her serial killer boyfriend, finding out her brother who she is in love with is a serial killer and having to compromise all her morals as lieutenant of homicide).

Concert Stars
    I adored S6, but for some reason, that's a minority opinion. Probably because it reminded me of Angels & Demons, and lots of people irrationally dislike that book.

The incest storyline won't end. If it was gonna end, it would've been last season when they could've just pretended like it never happened. It freaked me out, too, at first, but now I've kinda grown to love it. It's creative.

The difference for me is Dexter had one singular (awful, awful) thing that happened to him, and Deb has had many things of a similar caliber happen to her (getting shot with her lover and watching him die next to her, falling victim to her serial killer boyfriend, finding out her brother who she is in love with is a serial killer and having to compromise all her morals as lieutenant of homicide).
    I didn't dislike season 6, but I really HATE when people use religion to excuse violence. I know it's just a TV show, but that has always bothered me.

It was very well done, though, and the plot twist with Travis was absolutely GENIUS. The show is just so well-done.

Well, yeah, solid point. I hate to sound sexist, but I almost think it's a male vs. female thing when you think about how they've handled it. Dexter had to hide his emotions and had to "be a man" and never let on that he was suffering. Whereas Deb, being female, could be as open as she wanted and didn't have to worry about hiding anything. It seems to me everything just manifested for Dexter because of the way he HAD to handle it. And of course, his Dad taught him to be a serial killer from the time he was young. I can see why he and Deb would be very different, at least in terms of cultural differences and how they were taught to handle their own issues.

Concert Stars
    I LOVE when people use religion for violence in fictional mediums. Mostly because the people who do it are usually extremely smart, and it's like a treasure hunt for the detectives. And I love sitting there trying to predict what psychopathic thing the killer will do next. People like this and straight-up serial killers are the only interesting ones in the world, lbr. Oh, and schizos.

I do wonder if sexism came into play here. Deb's always had a really extroverted personality as opposed to Dex. I wonder if it's also because Deb felt she needed a personality like that to get her father's attention since Harry was so focused on Dexter all the time.

Favourite show out there at the moment! I came very late to the party, only started watching it last year when my fine country evenually got netflix - but I am totally caught up now!

Season 4 was my favourite (with Trinity - that's season 4 right?) And like allamericangirl8 I really enjoyed season 6 aswell!
    allamericangirl8 likes this.

Im so excited that they announced yesterday that Hannah will officially be returning to season 8. I love her character and her dynamic with Dexter and Deb

Oh excellent- great character.

I'm a Yvonne Strahovski fan, Chuck was a great show! :P

^ I never watched Chuck and when she came on Dexter i thought "this girl is fantastic how come she's not in more stuff!" and then i looked her up and was like....oh...whoops.

First 2 seasons were awesome - but did go downhill so I would recommend stopping after season 2 :P

Concert Stars
    A Veronica Mars AND a Dexter fan? Your taste in television is impeccable. Yeah, Trinity was season 4.

Wait, Hannah's coming back? She is by far one of the most interesting characters to ever appear on Dexter. It'll be interesting to see the dynamics between her and Deb now that Deb is a killer.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    My husband & I just finished watching all seven seasons in 2 months time. Phew! Our Granddaughter suggested we might like it, and we did. Showtime said the episodes were only available until Apr 10, so we ended up having marathons of Dexter. Waiting for season 8 now. I hope this is not the last season, it's storyline is so well written.

Concert Stars
    Unfortunately, this is the last season. But I guess it's better to stop while they're ahead a la Seinfeld.

•  
    Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast