Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: ABC's Nashville Show

ABC's Nashville Show

ABC's Nashville show premieres next week, October 10! I'm currently watching the pilot episode and it's quite interesting to see some of the politics behind-the-scenes. Hayden Panettiere plays a sinister Taylor Swift. The pilot episode is now up! It should be quite interesting. I love it already!

Maybe this show will bring to light some of Country music's problems...

Nashville – Pilot Episode — VIDEO | Jason the Gleek
    rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm really looking forward to this show.
    I love how you take Hayden's character to be a Taylor Swift type because the people at ABC have denied that the character is based on Taylor lol. I think they are just trying to avoid a lawsuit personally, because based on what I've seen of the show so far I completely agree with your interpretation.
    I kind of take the older female lead to be a Martina McBride/Faith Hill type.

Also, did you hear that they are planning on releasing original music for the show and some of it will actually be sent to radio? It should be interesting to see if country radio works with that, or if they ignore it and don't play the songs. Glee tried to release an original song to pop radio a few years ago, and it didn't pan out so well.
    teesharky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this show.
    I love how you take Hayden's character to be a Taylor Swift type because the people at ABC have denied that the character is based on Taylor lol. I think they are just trying to avoid a lawsuit personally, because based on what I've seen of the show so far I completely agree with your interpretation.
    I kind of take the older female lead to be a Martina McBride/Faith Hill type.

Also, did you hear that they are planning on releasing original music for the show and some of it will actually be sent to radio? It should be interesting to see if country radio works with that, or if they ignore it and don't play the songs. Glee tried to release an original song to pop radio a few years ago, and it didn't pan out so well.
    Whether they want to admit it or not, the character is Taylor Swift haha

I agree about Connie's character. I immediately thought of Martina/Faith. I heard about the original music. I know it's being released on Big Machine Records...so yea, it'll be interesting to see if Scott pushes the songs on Country...
    teesharky likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I said awhile ago when someone suggested Carrie as a guest star. This show can be poison for any current female country artist. Everyone is going be looking for real life parallels. A guy could get away with it, if was the right part.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Omg, I would beg of Carrie to STAY AWAY FROM THIS SHOW!

Not that I think she would go for it anyway.
    gaycarebear likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    this girl ain't based on Taylor Swift, she's based on Carrie Underwood. Carrie Underwood was the one who completely haulted Martina Mcbride, Faith Hill, Sara Evans, and Gretchen Wilson in one fell swoop. Taylor Swift swooped on in after all the hard work was done.
    Becca
    teesharky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    this girl ain't based on Taylor Swift, she's based on Carrie Underwood. Carrie Underwood was the one who completely haulted Martina Mcbride, Faith Hill, Sara Evans, and Gretchen Wilson in one fell swoop. Taylor Swift swooped on in after all the hard work was done.
    Becca
    I guess that could make sense, but I don't get Carrie at all when I watch...
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    I guess that could make sense, but I don't get Carrie at all when I watch...
    well no matter what there is creative license being used. Neither Carrie or Taylor come off like this girl but when you think of the whole older artist vs younger artist thing, you think of Carrie and Faith. and Martina has never done anything outwardly but Carrie and Martina as well. and Winona and Carrie. As much love as Carrie has gotten from legendary artists, she has gotten equal hate from artists who weren't quite ready to quite.
    Becca
    teesharky and gaycarebear like this.

Concert Stars
    To me, the lead role doesn't really represent an individual person perse, but rather the country music situation as a whole. The idea of the dominant, successful, traditional superstart being COMPLETELY upturned and kindda forced into the background by the new, young, hip, current "sweetheart." look at the last decade of country music...this has totally happened with people like Reba/Martina/Faith/Sara vs. Taylor/Miranda and, deny it till you're blue in the face, even Carrie. Though the character herself does seem to represent Taylor more than the other two, I think the idea is in the overall representation.
    gaycarebear and teesharky like this.

Concert Stars
    Becca
    I see your point for sure-- but I think she is based on Taylor swift because she can't sing that well. They even made a comment like "Thank God for Autotune" when she was in the studio, to fix her vocals. And Connie said something like Hayden is not fit to be my backup singer...because she can't sing.

Don't get me wrong: I like Hayden ALOT and think she has a decent enough voice for the show. She is better then Taylor Swift to be honest, by alot! lol

But--- the character she is playing is a young girl who cannot sing very well, that is storming Nashville and being a big Crossover artist. So I think it is clear it is about Taylor.

No one would EVER say Carrie needs autotune or that she can't sing.
    Last edited by teesharky; 10-05-2012 at 11:48 PM.
    gaycarebear and Marie2011 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitocco View Post
    To me, the lead role doesn't really represent an individual person perse, but rather the country music situation as a whole. The idea of the dominant, successful, traditional superstart being COMPLETELY upturned and kindda forced into the background by the new, young, hip, current "sweetheart." look at the last decade of country music...this has totally happened with people like Reba/Martina/Faith/Sara vs. Taylor/Miranda and, deny it till you're blue in the face, even Carrie. Though the character herself does seem to represent Taylor more than the other two, I think the idea is in the overall representation.

Agree. What I LOVE About this show is how REAL they make it. This sort of thing happens in Nashville all the time...and the corrupt backroom deals are a reality. So I admire this show for showing the true nature of the music industry, and how cold and corrupt it can be.

I also think the character is mostly based on Taylor due to the young fans, crossover star status, and the fact that she is not respected for her singing...(ie- the studio techs were mocking her and saying thank god for autotune). lol And Connie said she is not fit to be her backup singer.

So while Hayden can sing pretty decent to be fair, she seems to be based on Taylor's character-- not a good singer but super popular among the young fans.

I love the show, to be honest. I just wish they would showcase some of Carrie's music on it, but with Big Machine in charge of the music, I doubt any SONY artists will be featured.

Though they did play a short clip of Miranda. So maybe Carrie will be on there (her music) at some point, but I doubt it. That disappoints me.

I am officially hooked though. Great show.
    gaycarebear likes this.

Concert Stars
    My question is how did they allow Hayden and connie to sing in the circle of the Opry, when they are not members or real singers? Is that allowed?

I saw little jimmy dickens in the Opry scenes too. Very cute!
    gaycarebear likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    My question is how did they allow Hayden and connie to sing in the circle of the Opry, when they are not members or real singers? Is that allowed?

I saw little jimmy dickens in the Opry scenes too. Very cute!

More exposure and I am sure a little $$$ doesn't hurt.
    teesharky and supercarriefan like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Nashville is produced by Gaylord entertainment which owns both the Ryman and the Grand Ole Opry.
    teesharky and supercarriefan like this.

Concert Stars
    I really hope that Hayden's character is complete creative license/what the audience would just expect the up and comer to act like. i would hate for either of the newer girls to act like her. Her character is definitely a hell a lot more interesting as a bad girl so Its prob just creative license.
    Becca
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    I do think they will show more to Hayden's character then just the little *****. lol They did show her cracked out parents and that was very sad.

So maybe she will be a very interesting, complicated character. So far, I am loving Connie Britton though and she reminds me of Faith Hill sort of.

Her husband seems a bit bland, but I love her band member that hooked up with Hayden at the end. lol He seems interesting.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I do think they will show more to Hayden's character then just the little *****. lol They did show her cracked out parents and that was very sad.

So maybe she will be a very interesting, complicated character. So far, I am loving Connie Britton though and she reminds me of Faith Hill sort of.

Her husband seems a bit bland, but I love her band member that hooked up with Hayden at the end. lol He seems interesting.
    a) holy ****, GREAT show. especially with all the conversations we have on this site, it is FASCINATING.
    b) Hayden's character is going to be very interesting. something very bad happened with her mom, I can already tell. I think her and Connie will probably form some sort of bond down the line (most likely because of their families) based off what Hayden and Connie have said in interviews. with Connie, I bet she leaves her husband for her band member. they looked HAWT. I bet her husband turns sketchy like her dad.

in short, LOVE it so far!
    Becca
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    I think the idea of her character is based from Carrie. But the attitude and lack of talent is from Taylor.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    a) holy ****, GREAT show. especially with all the conversations we have on this site, it is FASCINATING.
    b) Hayden's character is going to be very interesting. something very bad happened with her mom, I can already tell. I think her and Connie will probably form some sort of bond down the line (most likely because of their families) based off what Hayden and Connie have said in interviews. with Connie, I bet she leaves her husband for her band member. they looked HAWT. I bet her husband turns sketchy like her dad.

in short, LOVE it so far!
    Becca
    Agree. I am officially hooked! The scandels and truth of the music business are fascinating, so I am thinking this will be a big hit.

Yes Connie's husband seems kind of like a douche, interested in her Daddy's money and power. I see a divorce ahead. lol

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Does anyone know a place where someone outside the US might be able to view the pilot before it airs on tv? The link at Jason's blog doesn't work for me.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast