Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Doctor Who

Doctor Who

Any Whovian here?

Or "K-9", "Torchwood" and "The Sarah Jane Adventures"?

The new season has premiered!

I'm slightly disappointed...

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    Any Whovian here?

Or "K-9", "Torchwood" and "The Sarah Jane Adventures"?
    Been watching Doctor Who since the days when Sarah Jane was the companion to Doctor #3 (Jon Pertwee) and continued with Doctor #4 (Tom Baker) along with K-9.
    clh_hilary likes this.

Concert Stars
    I'm somewhat new to it, but went back and watched all the "new" series. It's one of the few shows I actually watch that current lol
    clh_hilary likes this.

I also went back to the classic seasons earlier but it didn't quite pick up for me until the Master comes along. <3

So what you guys think about the new season? I think the second episode is better than the premiere but I was still expecting more...

I also went back to the classic seasons earlier but it didn't quite pick up for me until the Master comes along. <3

So what you guys think about the new season? I think the second episode is better than the premiere but I was still expecting more...
    Well Matt Smith's first season was very good. Last season was uneven, but definitely had some very good episodes like the one with the young and old Amy. The main thing for me in the first episode this season is the introduction of Oswin, who will become the Doctor's companion in the Christmas special in December (don't ask me how they will explain the whole Dalek thing). I can really see the possibility of a great dynamic between 2 of them. Unfortunately there is something a bit off with Amy and Rory so far this season. This is the first time since they revived Doctor Who that I feel they waited too long to replace a companion.

Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    Well Matt Smith's first season was very good. Last season was uneven, but definitely had some very good episodes like the one with the young and old Amy. The main thing for me in the first episode this season is the introduction of Oswin, who will become the Doctor's companion in the Christmas special in December (don't ask me how they will explain the whole Dalek thing). I can really see the possibility of a great dynamic between 2 of them. Unfortunately there is something a bit off with Amy and Rory so far this season. This is the first time since they revived Doctor Who that I feel they waited too long to replace a companion.
    I certainly feel the same thing, but I guess I'm slightly more negative. Amy really feels like she's just...there and Rory feels like he wasn't even there. He was always like looking lost and didn't know what to do.

And I also feel it's ridiculous that the Daleks never died. And to keep existing in such massive amounts of population. But with the Daleks forgetting him maybe they're indeed going to fade away...?

I certainly feel the same thing, but I guess I'm slightly more negative. Amy really feels like she's just...there and Rory feels like he wasn't even there. He was always like looking lost and didn't know what to do.

And I also feel it's ridiculous that the Daleks never died. And to keep existing in such massive amounts of population. But with the Daleks forgetting him maybe they're indeed going to fade away...?
    Well there are only 2 more episodes with Amy and Rory and I believe Amy dies in the last one. I believe these episodes are to set up a change in the Doctor's personality that will play into the Christmas episode and the episodes next year. I suspect those episodes will have more of an coherent overall story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    Well there are only 2 more episodes with Amy and Rory and I believe Amy dies in the last one. I believe these episodes are to set up a change in the Doctor's personality that will play into the Christmas episode and the episodes next year. I suspect those episodes will have more of an coherent overall story arc.
    I surely hope it'll pick up later. I do like the third episode way more than the previous two, and yep, I believe Amy dies in the fifth this season - I was under the impression that Rory will die too, but I'm not sure.

I'm rather confused that it seems this season is totally not consistent with other seasons and the story unfinished last season was not continued for some reason...

Anyone knows where to watch the new season?

So I finally got to watch the new episode.

I like it, but not particularly blown away by it. I like the twist when the Doctor made use of the technology of the Great Intelligence. A nice way to introduce new characters. But, I'm still puzzled that the story seems to be so disjointed from the last season, when it was reviewed that the question was 'Doctor who?'

Concert Stars
    It's a strange season, being split in half as it is. I think the whole "question" theme is treated differently depending on who is involved. Newish characters ask the question, in almost a 3rd wall-breaking moment, while the more common characters like the Daleks last year are shown to have no memory of the Doctor at all. I can see this continuing, especially in the episode that has been revealed to include the Cybermen, again. Perhaps The Great Intellegence is responsible later for reviving these lost memories?

Quote Originally Posted by mlawlor View Post
    It's a strange season, being split in half as it is. I think the whole "question" theme is treated differently depending on who is involved. Newish characters ask the question, in almost a 3rd wall-breaking moment, while the more common characters like the Daleks last year are shown to have no memory of the Doctor at all. I can see this continuing, especially in the episode that has been revealed to include the Cybermen, again. Perhaps The Great Intellegence is responsible later for reviving these lost memories?
    Great observation. It has also been revealed that a lot of old enemies, as well as the previous doctor, will be appearing in the upcoming fiftith anniversary special in Christmas.

I just personally feel the plot seems to have been abruptly abandoned after season six, and now this feels more like a situation comedy than a real coherent series.

I just realised that The Great Intelligence is actually an old villian right from the 60s, so he's nothing new at all. And, apparently it was him who manipulated the child in the last Christmas episode with the snowmen.

Project Free TV - Watch &lsquo;Doctor Who (2005) Season 7 Episode 7&rsquo; on Sockshare for free

The new episode. I like it but not as much as the last one. It was beautifully directed and went the sentimental route which isn't really my thing usually.

Project Free TV - Vidbull video

Woah I think this is an improvement!

Best episode this season so far! And Clara knows The Doctor's name...

The finale is this weekend! And apparently they have sent out the Blue-Rays to some American audience who had pre-ordered the series...

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Matt Smith says: "Doctor Who has been the most brilliant experience for me as an actor and a bloke, and that largely is down to the cast, crew and fans of the show. I'm incredibly grateful to all the cast and crew who work tirelessly every day, to realise all the elements of the show and deliver Doctor Who to the audience. Many of them have become good friends and I'm incredibly proud of what we have achieved over the last four years.

BBC - Media Centre - Matt Smith to leave Doctor Who

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast