Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The Voice - Season Two

  1. #1
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars

    The Voice - Season Two


  • #2
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    I love the format of "The Voice," but it needs some work. The main issue seems to be the fact that there was literally no promo given to any of these contestants, and most of the general public probably wouldn't have known they released albums unless they followed a specific contestant from the show. I respect that they're trying to give some artists a chance who may have had a tougher time being heard otherwise, but when you do nothing to promote the contestants or help them become successful, what's the point of the show?

    "The Voice" won't last long if they don't promote the contestants and try to establish them; I hope they can clean up their act because if they don't no one will want to appear on the show. I have to admit I mostly tuned in because of the judges (Christina is probably my all-time favorite vocalist in pop music, and I liked their performances together), but that kind of format is pretty unfair to the contestants themselves, so I hope they can find a good balance. Granted, a lot of people turn in for the drama/spectacle between the judges (see Simon/Paula or Kara/Simon, etc), but there was enough focus on the contestants so the chemistry of the judges just added to the enjoyment of the show. I'm glad the judges all had a bit of a boost from the exposure, but I hope they can find a balance between the contestants and judges, because if they genuinely care about finding talent and mentoring the singers they need to start doing that and building a solid reputation. Otherwise people will be turned off, and the true premise of the show will be lost.

    I thought Adam's comments in particular were really arrogant and crass; he has bashed every other talent show out there while trying to make "The Voice" seem credible, but he hasn't done anything for his contestants. I really hate the way he feels the need to put down the industry (and other talent shows) in order to build up his ego/"The Voice," because it just makes him seem bitter and desperate. This show needs to establish some serious credibility or at least put some effort into promoting their contestants/winners before they can make outlandish statements like that.


  • #3
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    I agree, Karly. They need to find a way to make it more about the contestants during the course of the show, and they need to find a valid way to promote their contestants after the season is done. Blake has done what he can to help his team from last season, but the label hasn't done much for them.
    I like all the mentors, but I feel as though it is a problem for the show because all of their mentors are current recording artists with their own projects and such. It's not the mentors' fault by any means. They all seem to enjoy the mentoring process, and I think they all get along relatively well. They have a nice chemistry. The problem lies with the producers. They need to stop having the mentors perform as a group as often, and allow for more contestant performances. Someone at MJs pointed out that last season we only got to see the winner (Javier) perform six times in the course of the entire season. Compare that with Idol where we see the winner perform at least 13 different times in the season. They need to lengthen the season instead of making such big cuts, and it looks like they might be making that happen because they are having bigger teams this year.
    The Voice needs a winner to make a bigger mark this year, or they will lose credibility. They need to be willing to put the time and money behind their winners and runners-up after the season ends.
    Adam talks a good game, but can't seem to put his time and money where his mouth is. He has repeatedly insulted Idol, and it is uncalled for. Idol and The Voice are two completely different shows...he needs to stop mentioning Idol because it is only making him look arrogant and egotistical.

  • #4
    hjj
    hjj is offline
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Posts
    5,680
    Concert Stars
    I think the best part is the initial blind auditions yet that is really gimicky and over once they turn their chair around. So the blind part is really very limiting in influencing how the show goes. This show is driven very much by the judges w/ them doing their group performances and feature solo performances. Even in their promo tonight Move Like Jagger was played instead of Javier or Dia single so that is the obvious big single that benefitted from the exposure on the show. This certaintly have helped the judges in their careers more than the contestants. They do need a breakout star or their ratings will go down shortly.

  • #5
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    I think the best part is the initial blind auditions yet that is really gimicky and over once they turn their chair around. So the blind part is really very limiting in influencing how the show goes. This show is driven very much by the judges w/ them doing their group performances and feature solo performances. Even in their promo tonight Move Like Jagger was played instead of Javier or Dia single so that is the obvious big single that benefitted from the exposure on the show. This certaintly have helped the judges in their careers more than the contestants. They do need a breakout star or their ratings will go down shortly.
    I noticed that as well. To be fair though, The Voice finished months ago, and I have my doubts as to whether the success of "Moves Like Jagger" had much to do with the show. Maroon 5 was a very successful pop band before Adam signed on to judge The Voice, and while Christina has not seen much mainstream success lately, she is still a very recognizable name in pop music. MLA exploded on pop radio & the fact that it featured two big pop stars who happened to be mentors on the same show seems more like a coincidence to me.

  • #6
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    'The Voice' judges defend Twitter fights: Cee Lo explains 'Imagine' lyric change | Inside TV | EW.com

    Adam is so unlikeable. He needs to stop and think about the nonsense that comes out of his mouth because he often comes across as an arrogant jerk. Newsflash to Adam: Your stupid comments about Fox News and the VMAs went out on Twitter because you typed them into your Twitter account and pressed "send" lol.
    Newsflash to Cee Lo: You should have realized that changing the lyrics to one of the most iconic songs of all time was going to get you serious criticism. I'm sure if Lennon were alive today, he wouldn't be appreciative of your lyric change because it completely messes with the original intent of the song lol. People didn't like what you did, deal with it.

    No need to wonder why the mentors on this show get more attention than the contestants when its the mentors that keep making arrogant and/or stupid comments to the press lol. I love how Blake is known for posting ridiculous things on Twitter, yet comes across as Mr. Charming in interviews alongside Adam and Cee Lo lol.

  • #7
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    4,183
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    'The Voice' judges defend Twitter fights: Cee Lo explains 'Imagine' lyric change | Inside TV | EW.com

    Adam is so unlikeable. He needs to stop and think about the nonsense that comes out of his mouth because he often comes across as an arrogant jerk. Newsflash to Adam: Your stupid comments about Fox News and the VMAs went out on Twitter because you typed them into your Twitter account and pressed "send" lol.
    Newsflash to Cee Lo: You should have realized that changing the lyrics to one of the most iconic songs of all time was going to get you serious criticism. I'm sure if Lennon were alive today, he wouldn't be appreciative of your lyric change because it completely messes with the original intent of the song lol. People didn't like what you did, deal with it.

    No need to wonder why the mentors on this show get more attention than the contestants when its the mentors that keep making arrogant and/or stupid comments to the press lol. I love how Blake is known for posting ridiculous things on Twitter, yet comes across as Mr. Charming in interviews alongside Adam and Cee Lo lol.
    Ha, I can't believe I'm saying this but Blake is so much more likable now to me as he's class to their mess.
    Adam just seems too full of himself. I don't get it with these people that make it like what they say really doesn't matter, as if it was just a "whatever" just because they're "human". Really, everyone knows that so at least take responsibility to your actions and learn from it.

  • #8
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    Ha, I can't believe I'm saying this but Blake is so much more likable now to me as he's class to their mess.
    Adam just seems too full of himself. I don't get it with these people that make it like what they say really doesn't matter, as if it was just a "whatever" just because they're "human". Really, everyone knows that so at least take responsibility to your actions and learn from it.
    I've always liked Blake. His off-color comments are mostly contained to Twitter. He seems to come across really well in interviews and on The Voice. He's not nearly as terrible as some people think he is lol. He actually comes across as quite knowledgeable and caring on The Voice. He probably my favorite mentor out of the four of them.
    Adam has never been one to take responsibility for his big mouth, and the problem only seems to be getting worse. I've never really enjoyed him, but I thought perhaps I just hadn't experienced his personality enough to know. However, since he's been on The Voice I've seen more than enough of his personality to know I still don't care for him lol. He has a majorly inflated ego.

  • #9
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    Sunday Ratings: The Voice Gets Bragging Rights (30M+ Viewers) | The Voice | mjsbigblog

    The Voice - Tony Lucca, Chris Mann - The Plant Report! | American Idol | mjsbigblog

    My favorites from last night were Chris Mann and Tony Lucca, but I want to see more of Raelynn who sang Hell on Heels to see what she can do. Jesse (sang A Song For You) has a nice voice, but I want to see where the show takes him. I wasn't completely taken with the rocker girl, Juliet.

  • #10
    Carrie Guru Claire2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    the library. lol
    Posts
    11,128

  • #11
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,043
    In my opinion, it is not right and fair that the winner is a former back up singer of a professional singer (Alicia Keys).

  • #12
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    In my opinion, it is not right and fair that the winner is a former back up singer of a professional singer (Alicia Keys).
    The Simms girl had multiple record deals so it becomes a really big grey area in what should or what shouldn't be allowed on any of these singing shows.
    supercarriefan likes this.

  • #13
    Insane Carrie Fan liz278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,285
    Concert Stars
    I wish the winner the best but if the same thing happens to this year's winner as last year, he will have one album, have a hard time selling it, and that will be all we hear from him. The only reason he won was because Blake got all of his fans and they asked country fans to vote for him. He isn't a country singer so why would someone who isn't going to buy his album when it comes out vote for him? To make Blake look good?
    It will be interesting to see how many people actually watched the finale of the Voice. Did they get some of their viewers back? They were losing people watching the show week after week. If you can't get people to want to buy the winners album you really haven't done that great of a job. So it will be interesting to see if someone helps promote him.

  • #14
    Insane Carrie Fan gaycarebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    N/C
    Posts
    5,472
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    I wish the winner the best but if the same thing happens to this year's winner as last year, he will have one album, have a hard time selling it, and that will be all we hear from him. The only reason he won was because Blake got all of his fans and they asked country fans to vote for him. He isn't a country singer so why would someone who isn't going to buy his album when it comes out vote for him? To make Blake look good?
    It will be interesting to see how many people actually watched the finale of the Voice. Did they get some of their viewers back? They were losing people watching the show week after week. If you can't get people to want to buy the winners album you really haven't done that great of a job. So it will be interesting to see if someone helps promote him.
    The ratings for the finale were up 16% from last year.

  • #15
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    The issue with The Voice is that people vote more for the coach than the contestant. People like Blake, so they voted for his team. Adam and Christina alienated the voting audience with their bickering this season, so people were less willing to vote for them. Cee-Lo is kind of a love him or hate him type of character.

    As for Jermaine not being the right winner due to his past work with Alicia Keys, as Jim said Juliet had multiple attempts at record deals, Chris had worked on Broadway and other industry work, and Tony had experience on MMC and had celeb friends like Justin Timberlake tweeting about him throughout the show.
    The Voice prides itself on being a show of second chances. It allows people who have had past failed experiences in entertainment at chance to try again.

  • #16
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,043
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    The Simms girl had multiple record deals so it becomes a really big grey area in what should or what shouldn't be allowed on any of these singing shows.

    Ooh, really ? I do not know that . Well, I don't know what to say

  • #17

  • #18
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    They should get a new host along with getting new coaches for the second round of shows.

  • #19
    Carrie Guru Claire2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    the library. lol
    Posts
    11,128
    Sorry, I know this thread is for season 2, but I'm too lazy to look for the season 1 thread lol.

    Anyway, Javier Colon parted ways with his label. Sad, but not surprising news.

    The Voice: Javier Colon Parts Ways with His Record Label
    gaycarebear likes this.

  • #20
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Sorry, I know this thread is for season 2, but I'm too lazy to look for the season 1 thread lol.

    Anyway, Javier Colon parted ways with his label. Sad, but not surprising news.

    The Voice: Javier Colon Parts Ways with His Record Label
    He is just another example of people having to like you even if you do have a lot of talent, he is really good but seeing that this is the second time he failed at having a deal with a major label it is pretty clear that people are not interested in him.


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •