Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars

The Bachelorette 2011

Does anyone else watch the Bachelorette?

I must admit, when I first found out Ashely H was going to be the next bachelorette I wasn't that excited. She definitely was not my favorite from last season, but I must say that I have really enjoyed her in the past two episodes.

So far my favorite guys are William and JP. Can't stand Bentley, I definitely think he's just playing up his 'dislike' for the cameras - basically I think he is a d-bag.

Oh, and in case you didn't know, there is this guy, Reality Steve, who has spoiled the last few seasons of the Bachelor/ette, and you can check him out here: » RealitySteve.com – My sarcastic, slanted, sophomoric, and skewed view on the world of reality television. His commentary of the episodes is pretty funny too, so I would recommend reading them.

What are everyone else's thoughts?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I wasn't that excited that it was Ashley either. I was really hoping for Chantal O., but obviously she got a boyfriend so that wasn't possible! However, Ashley has definitely toned down the perkiness and annoyingness, lol. I've really enjoyed the first couple of shows.

I also liked William and J.P. right out of the gate, but after last night and the previews for next week, I'm kinda worried about William staying a front runner for me. It looks like he can be a bit immature. I like Ben - the one that has the winery, as well as Ryan, who got the first impression rose. Bentley is an absolute jerk and while I realize the producers want drama, I really wish they wouldn't keep people on whose intentions are not to at least attempt to find a connection with the Bachelorette. The only good thing is that the previews for next week made it look like he might be leaving next week. I hope that is true, because the season trailer after the first episode made it look like he was going to be there a lot longer.

I think Ashley has some great guys to choose from and I hope she makes the right choices. No idea why she is keeping the guy with the mask. She must just be curious about what he looks like or the producers are telling her to keep him. I guess it's no big deal if you know for sure you don't like the guys you are letting go, but she let a couple of real cuties go last night to keep the mask guy! The only thing I didn't care for last night was that they didn't keep William and Ashley's date very private. I know it's happened in the past where a Bachelor/ette has been recognized when on a date, but it seemed like overkill on their date last night with all the publicity.

As for Reality Steve, sometimes I read his site and sometimes I don't. So if you post spoilers from there, please write it in white so you have to highlight it to read it! I did finally give in last season to read his spoilers about Emily and Chantal, but I try to avoid it as much as possible.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

I love Ashley but you are right Bentley is a dirtbag!! he is going to hurt her next week at least he will be out of the picture. I love I think his name is Paul R. he was the first one out of the limo. there are afew I like. what is up with the mask guy? and why is she keeping him around? he give me the creeps.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I gave in and read some of the Reality Steve spoilers. Can't get to his website at work, but I found a news article that stated the final four. Two of them I like from what I've seen so far and the other two were complete surprises. It will be interesting to see how those two that I didn't expect develop a relationship with her that gets them to that point. Reality Steve is rarely wrong about the final four, although his track record with who is picked overall is taking a hit these last two seasons. Anyway, one of my current favorites is in the final four and I really hope he makes it all the way to the end!
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rosie08 View Post
    I love Ashley but you are right Bentley is a dirtbag!! he is going to hurt her next week at least he will be out of the picture. I love I think his name is Paul R. he was the first one out of the limo. there are afew I like. what is up with the mask guy? and why is she keeping him around? he give me the creeps.
    I think the first guy out of the limo was Ryan, who also got the first impression rose. He didn't have a date this week, I don't think. Although I can't remember who was on the ginormous group date, so he could have been in there.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Still LOVE JP, especially after tonight. So glad Bentley is gone. I still really like William too, I think he went a little far with the roasting, but you could tell that he really felt awful for what he said.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I gave in and read some of the Reality Steve spoilers. Can't get to his website at work, but I found a news article that stated the final four. Two of them I like from what I've seen so far and the other two were complete surprises. It will be interesting to see how those two that I didn't expect develop a relationship with her that gets them to that point. Reality Steve is rarely wrong about the final four, although his track record with who is picked overall is taking a hit these last two seasons. Anyway, one of my current favorites is in the final four and I really hope he makes it all the way to the end!
    I read an article on another site that gives the final four and who Ashley is actually engaged to.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    ^Yeah, Reality Steve posted that about a week or so ago. If it's true, I'll be very happy with the results.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    No spoilers! Lol, if you have spoilers, type in a white font, so someone has to highlight the text to read it. I haven't decided yet if I want to go so far as to find out the final two or who she is with now.

I couldn't believe Bentley this past Monday. That guy is just a completely ridiculous jerk. It is almost unfathomable that someone could be that insensitive and cruel to another person. And I know that the producers want drama, so they didn't let Ashley in on what he was saying, but after he left, they should have completely let her know how he was acting so she could get over it and move on quickly. I'm just afraid that they will bring him back later for drama and that will not make me happy!

Other than that, poor William. I know he felt awful, because he took the whole roast thing literally and really hit Ashley where it hurt. Of course she nor anyone else seemed to find it very funny. I really liked him at first, but I just don't know how well he is going to recover from that.

And let me just say that I am in love with J.P.! How on earth she could think she was in love with Bentley already when there is a man like that around, I have no idea! He is just amazing.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

•