Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: The X-Factor (US)

The X-Factor (US)

I know this is early for this. But, the judging panel was officially announced. Might as well start now.

The X-Factor Panel Announced: Paula Abdul and Cheryl Cole Round Out the Table Music, Words, Passion

Carrie Follower
    The X Factor is very big singing show. i like this show so much. Its my favorite reality show.

Junior Carrie Follower Skippayeeee's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm still angry about Cheryl Cole's sacking. fhsadiufgas. Her and Paula are the only reasons I'll be watching the show.

Concert Stars
    I hope Cowell falls flat on his butt. Sorry, I won't be watching.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    It will be interesting to see how it plays out with the viewers with the format being as different from AI as it is.

The Miami auditions were vey well attended, I think that it will get a ton of viewers for the first few shows and if there is talent viewership will hold.

Junior Carrie Follower dsfox2009's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Did anybody watch tonight? I am really liking the show! The judges are actually telling people that they aren't that good if that's the case. None of this "it was a little pitchy" or "I don't think this is for you" business. And plus...some of the ones that auditioned tonight were really good! I forget their names, but there's three that stand out among the rest. The 42-year old mom who sang Aretha Franklin (WOW!), the 20-year old who had the 2 year span to make it before his mom makes him get a degree, and the guy who ended the show and just got out of rehab. I'm looking forward to the rest of the show to see how it all plays out now

Concert Stars
    ^ I watched it and agree 100%!!!

Concert Stars
    I watched. The first little 12 yr old was good too!

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I could not get into it, consequently watched very little of it.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I watched it in fits and starts.I doubt I watch much of it again.
    It was just like idol, some mediocre, some bad, some over praised.

and showing there was no sense in showing that one guy. It was disgusting.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Does Simon Cowell ever have an original idea? Idol rehash with his over sized ego! Still not gonna watch.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I watched, and I wasn't impressed. Nothing felt organic at all...everything was so manipulated and calculated. There was so much put on for the cameras...from the set-up of a rivalry between Simon and LA to Paula's getting sick over the naked guy to that one contestant calling out Simon (and other judges) in the hallway. So phony!
    Simon's ego barely fits on the screen. Nicole didn't come across well at all. Paula is, well, Paula. LA is the only tolerable one on the panel.
    This show will be just like The Voice in terms of the focus being the judges, and not the contestants.
    There were only two contestants I was even remotely interested in: the guy who sang Stevie Wonder and brought his mom to the auditions, and the guy who just finished rehab that sang the original song. The other contestants were just okay for me.

Concert Stars
    Well...I liked it. Of course it is going to be similar to American Idol, guys. American Idol was based off of shows from other countries that were already going at the time, and I believe that the X Factor was going in the UK at that time. The auditions were good and bad. Yes, the whole thing about the guy exposing himself was obviously a ploy for ratings. But I mean, Idol has had its moments doing that as well. I also think that Simon decided to leave Idol because he knew that it was going downhill. Let's be honest here...nobody ever really gets that far after Idol these days. The last person I can remember getting somewhere from Idol was Adam Lambert, and he didn't even win! And also, Idol does the same things that you guys are talking about with these judges. The show got really big partly because of the judges in the beginning. Idk...I feel like this show is really going to take off. With the prize being that big (the money, Pepsi endorsement, etc.), I have a feeling that it's going to be around for a while. Maybe once the audition rounds are over things will start to sink in as to how things are supposed to go down. I might just be saying this because I don't have much hope for Idol these days, but I do hope that both shows continue to do what they do

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by dsfox2009 View Post
    Well...I liked it. Of course it is going to be similar to American Idol, guys. American Idol was based off of shows from other countries that were already going at the time, and I believe that the X Factor was going in the UK at that time. The auditions were good and bad. Yes, the whole thing about the guy exposing himself was obviously a ploy for ratings. But I mean, Idol has had its moments doing that as well. I also think that Simon decided to leave Idol because he knew that it was going downhill. Let's be honest here...nobody ever really gets that far after Idol these days. The last person I can remember getting somewhere from Idol was Adam Lambert, and he didn't even win! And also, Idol does the same things that you guys are talking about with these judges. The show got really big partly because of the judges in the beginning. Idk...I feel like this show is really going to take off. With the prize being that big (the money, Pepsi endorsement, etc.), I have a feeling that it's going to be around for a while. Maybe once the audition rounds are over things will start to sink in as to how things are supposed to go down. I might just be saying this because I don't have much hope for Idol these days, but I do hope that both shows continue to do what they do
    Simon Fuller developed American Idol. Simon Cowell worked for Simon Fuller. Simon Cowell has stolen most of the complete concept for this knock off show of his. He has no creative concept of his own.

Concert Stars
    So after doing some research, I can see your point. Cowell seemed to take an idea and run with it. However, how many talent competitions came before American Idol? I know that there are similarities, but I'm still not disregarding that the X Factor has potential and that Idol seems to be going downhill as of late. Still love Idol, but it's definitely not going in the right direction in my opinion. And I'm hoping that X Factor either brings the substance of the beginning years of Idol back to life OR helps Idol realize that things aren't working out and corrects those issues.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Concert Stars
    Completely agree with those who feel it is too manipulated. It has no real feel for authenticity at all.
    That said, I like the audience and I hate it. I like the idea of an audience of 4000 determining wether they like something or not. but what we see on camera is a whole lot of editing and drama for the camera. Completely fake. So it really does not matter what the audience really feels cause the editors can chop it to feel like anything they want.
    Proof: the last country girl who sang the supremes. that was about as "ok" as you can possibly get. And the judges loved her and there was this canned feeling to the audience response that suggested (to me anyway) that her actual performance just went ok but they edited on a lot of that over-the-top applause and approval.
    I mean she was ok, but not the least bit special. And you would have thought she just blew 4000 people away.
    That was fake.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by dsfox2009 View Post
    So after doing some research, I can see your point. Cowell seemed to take an idea and run with it. However, how many talent competitions came before American Idol? I know that there are similarities, but I'm still not disregarding that the X Factor has potential and that Idol seems to be going downhill as of late. Still love Idol, but it's definitely not going in the right direction in my opinion. And I'm hoping that X Factor either brings the substance of the beginning years of Idol back to life OR helps Idol realize that things aren't working out and corrects those issues.
    So far, X Factor has done nothing to bring the "substance" of the early Idol years back, but rather relied on gimmicks and over-dramatic nonsense to fuel their first two episodes. I hope this changes for the contestants sake because it will be them that gets really burned if things don't turn around.
    As for your Idol comment about Idol "correcting" issues: Well, I think Idol corrected many of its issues with Season 10. It brought focus back to the contestants, and less to the judges, it freshened up the format a bit by adding Jimmy Iovine and the producers each week, and it brought in two new judges that actually seem to care about the contestants instead of seeing dollar signs like Simon. Also, Idol's ratings are still great.

I personally think Idol is better without Simon (and Paula for that matter), and X Factor is just proving that to me more and more. The gimmicks on X Factor were even more nauseating last night than the previous night. If this show continues like this, it might find itself in trouble.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    So far, X Factor has done nothing to bring the "substance" of the early Idol years back, but rather relied on gimmicks and over-dramatic nonsense to fuel their first two episodes. I hope this changes for the contestants sake because it will be them that gets really burned if things don't turn around.
    As for your Idol comment about Idol "correcting" issues: Well, I think Idol corrected many of its issues with Season 10. It brought focus back to the contestants, and less to the judges, it freshened up the format a bit by adding Jimmy Iovine and the producers each week, and it brought in two new judges that actually seem to care about the contestants instead of seeing dollar signs like Simon. Also, Idol's ratings are still great.

I personally think Idol is better without Simon (and Paula for that matter), and X Factor is just proving that to me more and more. The gimmicks on X Factor were even more nauseating last night than the previous night. If this show continues like this, it might find itself in trouble.
    Completely agree.
    It is not even remotely "real".
    The fact that this show is considered "reality television" is a joke.
    and I wanted it to be good.
    But it makes Idol look amazing by comparison.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Completely agree with those who feel it is too manipulated. It has no real feel for authenticity at all.
    That said, I like the audience and I hate it. I like the idea of an audience of 4000 determining wether they like something or not. but what we see on camera is a whole lot of editing and drama for the camera. Completely fake. So it really does not matter what the audience really feels cause the editors can chop it to feel like anything they want.
    Proof: the last country girl who sang the supremes. that was about as "ok" as you can possibly get. And the judges loved her and there was this canned feeling to the audience response that suggested (to me anyway) that her actual performance just went ok but they edited on a lot of that over-the-top applause and approval.
    I mean she was ok, but not the least bit special. And you would have thought she just blew 4000 people away.
    That was fake.

What talent show isn't manipulated?

AI, AGT, SYTYCD, X Factor ALL of them are manipulated, these shows are what they are.

•  
    Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast