Ultimate Carrie Fan

Blake Shelton Joins 'The Voice' Judging Panel

NBC is adding a little country flavor to the judging panel on its new singing competition, 'The Voice.'

Blake Shelton Joins 'The Voice' Judging Panel

Country Universe posted a blog about Blake's inclusion as judge:

Country Universe – A Country Music Blog Blake Shelton, Superstar?

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Blake isn't shy about giving an opinion, so it could be interesting to see him as a judge.
    I'm glad the panel will have a country musician alongside the other judges (Cee-Lo, Christina Aguilera, and Adam Levine) who are more pop. I might have to tune in to see what this show is all about.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Interesting choice. Blake will probably be a good fit for the show though; he seems to have an opinion, but he knows when he can go too far and when he needs to be more professional. He'll certainly be an entertaining choice. A good one? We'll have to see.
    Considering NBC has had several shows in this vein that haven't done great in the past ("Nashville Star" for a period & the next great choir show).
    I find it really telling that American Idol and Glee are the only music-centered shows that have been able to maintain success throughout the years.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Blake did that mentoring group thing seem like it was NBC where Nick Lachey's group won. I thought he was good on that show. We will see how it goes.

yeah from what I seen on the internet they canceled paula dance show. I wasn't really thrilled with it.

Anybody planning to check out The Voice when it starts airing? I thought the previews look pretty interesting. Judges seem fun to watch too.

•