Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Carrie Fans Maniac kewlie78189's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    26,142
    Concert Stars

    Depressed...Need some help...

    I have just been feeling very depressed lately. I can't even explain why. Like I feel scared and I hate being home alone but yet if I go out I tend to feel worse. It really doesn't make sense to me. I just need some advice and some help. I am not sure what to do or where to go from here.

    Any advice would help! Thanks in advance fellow Carrie fans!!

  • #2
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,393
    Concert Stars
    Kewlie---how old are you? Do you have a Minister, Priest or Rabbi you can talk with-------or a family member. You may be suffering from a chemical imbalance --in which case you should consult a doctor. Remember Kewlie, that every one of us has days that we feel somewhat down in the dumps and that is normal--but if it hangs on for days we should talk it out with someone. Get out with a friend/friends and do some fun things. Get involved in the church/school/community. There are a lot of places where they need your help. Remember you are NEVER alone---as my Grandmother always told me from the time I was small---"You are NEVER alone because God is always with you--and his angles are watching over you always". I will be on this board to talk with you today---and I am sure the other great Carrie fans will be also. We are a family!!!!!
    Last edited by AdamJ; 06-16-2011 at 02:48 PM.

  • #3
    Carrie Guru rainbow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    15,339
    Concert Stars
    I'm sorry Kewlie.. And I think Adam's advice is right on. You will be in my prayers.

  • #4
    Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chino, CA
    Posts
    13,711
    Concert Stars
    Did something happen that made you depressed because you still like going out. If there any unfinished business with any of your friends and family that you didn't take care of because my uncle also developed the same symptoms when he got back to San Jose California from the Philippines. He was scared to do the things he likes to do. Just keep praying because prayer is the most powerful thing.
    I'll also keep you in my prayers so you can be restored your normal self. Stay positive and listening to Carrie's songs can also make you happy.

  • #5
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe you could talk to your doctor & see if he/she can do anything. Do you have anybody you could talk to parents, siblings, friends?? Talking about what's bothering you could help.
    Try to relax and don't get too stressed out.
    The best advice I could give though is going to a doctor to figure out what's going on.
    You'll be in my prayers, I hope you can get the help you need.

  • #6
    New Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    22
    Hi Kewlie,
    I am sorry that you are feeling down, have things begun to look up for you? We all have hard times and there are ups and downs but that is just a part of life, finding things a people that make us happy will help to ease some of the harsh times, but I hope that things have gotten better for you.

  • #7
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    2,543
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by kewlie78189 View Post
    I have just been feeling very depressed lately. I can't even explain why. Like I feel scared and I hate being home alone but yet if I go out I tend to feel worse. It really doesn't make sense to me. I just need some advice and some help. I am not sure what to do or where to go from here.

    Any advice would help! Thanks in advance fellow Carrie fans!!
    Depression, anxiety and panic attacks are occuring more and more these days, coming from different factors. You should see your Dr. and see a therapist/psychologist to figure out why you feel this way. They will probably do lots of labwork to rule out thngs. But seeing a therapist is very helpful. You need to have somebody to talk to whenever you feel this way for reassurance. Sometimes foods we eat also is an issue that can contribute to our mood swings. Going for a regular exercise works because it releases some happy hormones called endorphins and learn the breathing relaxation technique. It helps calms down everything. My daughter has some anxiety and panic attack issues. I usually walk through her anxiety, reassures her and advised her to beep breath in deeply thru her nose and slowly breathes out thru her mouth. I always encourage her to get active, walk or run to get the endorphins going and to try to eat healthy, avoid processed foods. She is also taking some supplements like Vit. D and fish oil. She had seen a therapist too. Hope you go for help while it's still early. Let us know how things are with you. Have a good day.

  • #8
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,393
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
    Depression, anxiety and panic attacks are occuring more and more these days, coming from different factors. You should see your Dr. and see a therapist/psychologist to figure out why you feel this way. They will probably do lots of labwork to rule out thngs. But seeing a therapist is very helpful. You need to have somebody to talk to whenever you feel this way for reassurance. Sometimes foods we eat also is an issue that can contribute to our mood swings. Going for a regular exercise works because it releases some happy hormones called endorphins and learn the breathing relaxation technique. It helps calms down everything. My daughter has some anxiety and panic attack issues. I usually walk through her anxiety, reassures her and advised her to beep breath in deeply thru her nose and slowly breathes out thru her mouth. I always encourage her to get active, walk or run to get the endorphins going and to try to eat healthy, avoid processed foods. She is also taking some supplements like Vit. D and fish oil. She had seen a therapist too. Hope you go for help while it's still early. Let us know how things are with you. Have a good day.
    That is very good advice. I have studied depression in adults and mostly children as that is the field I will be working in. It is somewhat different for each patient and yet they can have the same basic symptoms. Good news--it is treatable and controlled. Kewlie I hope you are feeling much better now and are out and about doing things that makes you happy and fulfills your life. Take care...

  • #9
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    2,543
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamJ View Post
    That is very good advice. I have studied depression in adults and mostly children as that is the field I will be working in. It is somewhat different for each patient and yet they can have the same basic symptoms. Good news--it is treatable and controlled. Kewlie I hope you are feeling much better now and are out and about doing things that makes you happy and fulfills your life. Take care...
    Thanks Adam. I work in the health care field for many years now and I have cared for and dealt patients with depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and other mental health issues. The statistics are showing that they are on the rise or they are diagnosed earlier or the stigma to mental issues are improving. People are more open about it now than years ago. The earlier diagnosis the better. There are more help now too. I believe that foods are big issues; people are consuming more and more processed foods and chemically altered foods and products. People love fast and packaged foods and all these contribute to chemical imbalance in the brain. The environment is polluted and the lifestyle is very stressful. the world is getting materialistic and consumer driven. People are less active these days too and on the go all the time. We all need to slow down and take time to enjoy things. They say people are always on the go that they forgot to really deep breath and get that oxygen thru your body esp. the heart and brain. I am also infavor of alternative medecine because there is room for western and alternative medecine working hand in hand. I know our Dr. here does not buy it but the other one does. So, are you going for psychiatry or a surgeon. Goodluck and I am sure you will be a good Dr. You seem to have that caring nature.

  • #10
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,393
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
    Thanks Adam. I work in the health care field for many years now and I have cared for and dealt patients with depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and other mental health issues. The statistics are showing that they are on the rise or they are diagnosed earlier or the stigma to mental issues are improving. People are more open about it now than years ago. The earlier diagnosis the better. There are more help now too. I believe that foods are big issues; people are consuming more and more processed foods and chemically altered foods and products. People love fast and packaged foods and all these contribute to chemical imbalance in the brain. The environment is polluted and the lifestyle is very stressful. the world is getting materialistic and consumer driven. People are less active these days too and on the go all the time. We all need to slow down and take time to enjoy things. They say people are always on the go that they forgot to really deep breath and get that oxygen thru your body esp. the heart and brain. I am also infavor of alternative medecine because there is room for western and alternative medecine working hand in hand. I know our Dr. here does not buy it but the other one does. So, are you going for psychiatry or a surgeon. Goodluck and I am sure you will be a good Dr. You seem to have that caring nature.
    You are correct in a lot of ways. Some doctors scoff at the alternatives but others embrace them. I, for one, think some are good and some are not so good and in all cases you have to do your research to prevent drug interactions. I also agree that the lifestyle and environment plays a huge part in today's health problems. The amount of patients with COPD, Asthma, Allergy is staggering. I think a lot of health and personal problems stem from the fast pace of today and the breakdown of the family unit as a whole. Unfortunately it takes 2 parents working to make a decent living (some of them are struggling) therefore the children are latchkey or raised by a babysitter--or fortunately-by a loving family member. I am finishing up this segment of med school and going to Stanford in the Fall for 2-3 years of surgery to become a child.infant Cardiothoracic Surgeon. I maintained a 4.2 GPA so I would have a good chance of getting into ST Jude Children's Hospital but my Dad wants me to stay here at Childrens (He is a doctor in a practice with my older brother and Dad is not well). Time will tell and whereever I am supposed to be--that is where I will be. Thanks for asking. I know the labor of love with your daughter and my thoughts and prayers are with you to give you guidance and strength. Take care my friend.

  • #11
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    2,543
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamJ View Post
    You are correct in a lot of ways. Some doctors scoff at the alternatives but others embrace them. I, for one, think some are good and some are not so good and in all cases you have to do your research to prevent drug interactions. I also agree that the lifestyle and environment plays a huge part in today's health problems. The amount of patients with COPD, Asthma, Allergy is staggering. I think a lot of health and personal problems stem from the fast pace of today and the breakdown of the family unit as a whole. Unfortunately it takes 2 parents working to make a decent living (some of them are struggling) therefore the children are latchkey or raised by a babysitter--or fortunately-by a loving family member. I am finishing up this segment of med school and going to Stanford in the Fall for 2-3 years of surgery to become a child.infant Cardiothoracic Surgeon. I maintained a 4.2 GPA so I would have a good chance of getting into ST Jude Children's Hospital but my Dad wants me to stay here at Childrens (He is a doctor in a practice with my older brother and Dad is not well). Time will tell and whereever I am supposed to be--that is where I will be. Thanks for asking. I know the labor of love with your daughter and my thoughts and prayers are with you to give you guidance and strength. Take care my friend.
    Thanks for the kind words. My daughter is now thriving in university taking political science and communication ad working part time in a restaurant to help with her expenses. She has good communication skills and people's person. She sometimes has this anxious moments and she managed to control it and she phoned me for support. She is coping well and it was hardwork. She has the toolkit to deal with the issues and it helps. She will be on her 3rd year come Sept.

    Family of doctors. Very impressive. It seemed like your parents did well on raising you and your siblings. Good family foundation and very loving/caring family. Wherever you go for your specialty you will be good at it. The world can use a pediatric surgeon like you. You are one smart guy, must run in the family. You have to be one of the best to get into Stanford School of Medicine. You must be so happy and proud. Congrats and I'm sure you'll breeze through. Hope your dad feels better soon. Keep up the good work Adam. God bless you and your family.

  • #12
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,393
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. My daughter is now thriving in university taking political science and communication ad working part time in a restaurant to help with her expenses. She has good communication skills and people's person. She sometimes has this anxious moments and she managed to control it and she phoned me for support. She is coping well and it was hardwork. She has the toolkit to deal with the issues and it helps. She will be on her 3rd year come Sept.

    Family of doctors. Very impressive. It seemed like your parents did well on raising you and your siblings. Good family foundation and very loving/caring family. Wherever you go for your specialty you will be good at it. The world can use a pediatric surgeon like you. You are one smart guy, must run in the family. You have to be one of the best to get into Stanford School of Medicine. You must be so happy and proud. Congrats and I'm sure you'll breeze through. Hope your dad feels better soon. Keep up the good work Adam. God bless you and your family.
    Thanks for the kind words. Yes my parents are very good and I am blessed. Dad had a mild heart attack in the past year and only goes in the office 3 days a week and I think that is why he wants me to stay in the area and work. The kind words right back at you. YOU are the caring, patient parent that is missing in today's families. With your love and guidance your daughter has made a good life for herself and is a responsible person. I wish more parents were like you. Our jobs as physicians would be so much easier. God bless you and your family and guide you in life. I had to work hard to keep my GPA up because that is a requirement and I have gone to school all year long to get everything in that I needed. I have 2-3 years at Stanford, then maybe I can think about finding a "Good Girl" and settling down and having a family. OOPS--maybe I should wait until I get the loans paid back some. LOL. I kind of left the board here because I did not think I would have time to be here due to my work load---but---I will definitely be gone from here next Fall . I will keep my account and may check in from time to time to see what my friends and Carrie is up to. You can PM me any time. Take care my friend...

  • #13
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    2,543
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamJ View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. Yes my parents are very good and I am blessed. Dad had a mild heart attack in the past year and only goes in the office 3 days a week and I think that is why he wants me to stay in the area and work. The kind words right back at you. YOU are the caring, patient parent that is missing in today's families. With your love and guidance your daughter has made a good life for herself and is a responsible person. I wish more parents were like you. Our jobs as physicians would be so much easier. God bless you and your family and guide you in life. I had to work hard to keep my GPA up because that is a requirement and I have gone to school all year long to get everything in that I needed. I have 2-3 years at Stanford, then maybe I can think about finding a "Good Girl" and settling down and having a family. OOPS--maybe I should wait until I get the loans paid back some. LOL. I kind of left the board here because I did not think I would have time to be here due to my work load---but---I will definitely be gone from here next Fall . I will keep my account and may check in from time to time to see what my friends and Carrie is up to. You can PM me any time. Take care my friend...
    Yes, 100% true that family support is so impt. on children's struggle of any forms. Their accomplishments and success are the parent's success also and at same time teaching them to be independent and responsible , most importantly to get education because it leads to better prospect in life.

    Your dad must be a dedicated physician and so is your brother. I think doing 3x a week work is therapeutic for him and keeps him going. I know you mentioned before that you also have a sister so I think you support each other. He has a good support system then and very impt. for his recovery. Are you the youngest Adam? Maybe it's hard for him to let go too. It would be interesting what will you decide at the end of where to specialize. Stanford is very prestigious and you worked so hard to get in. Hope whatever you decide is what is best for you and your future. What will be will be. I am sure everything will just work out just the way it should be.

    I am sure you will find your Good Girl when you least expect it. It will just happen when the time is right for you. There are so many girls out there but it's not easy to find the RIGHT one. It is likely that you will find a Dr. too because you are around them and basically have same goals, motivation and commitment. Student loan is no biggie once you become a surgeon and a famous one in your field. I will probably be hearing about you in the medical journals in the near futuret. So much to look forward in your life. I am excited for you.
    Just concentrate on your goals and the GOOD GIRLS will just come along and you will have a hard time to decide who is the lucky one.(lol). I wish you all the best.

    I am an RN in a rural area so we get different Drs most of the time. Try to come and check in once in awhlie come fall how your fellow Carriefans are thriving. We will miss your posts and participation. But for the next few months we will enjoy your presence. Cant wait for Monday to see GG video. Thanks Adam.

  • #14
    Huge Carrie Follower rosie08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    WILMINGTON,NC
    Posts
    665
    Hey Kewlie I know how you feel ,sometimes I get in a funk and just want to hide out and just cry!! and you know what I do. you are human sweetie and sometimes it just takes a big old HUG!! so I am sending you a BIG BIG HUG!! See now don't you feel better. keep yout chin up!!

  • #15
    Carrie Guru allamericangirl8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SoCal.
    Posts
    14,430
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rosie08 View Post
    Hey Kewlie I know how you feel ,sometimes I get in a funk and just want to hide out and just cry!! and you know what I do. you are human sweetie and sometimes it just takes a big old HUG!! so I am sending you a BIG BIG HUG!! See now don't you feel better. keep yout chin up!!
    I'm so opposite. When I'm down, I need to be left alone.

  • #16
    Huge Carrie Follower rosie08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    WILMINGTON,NC
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    I'm so opposite. When I'm down, I need to be left alone.
    Oh I undertsand that too!
    Last edited by rosie08; 03-11-2012 at 06:48 AM. Reason: screw up on quote being on bottom.


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •