Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: New Band Members

Concert Stars

New Band Members

Since I've seen a lot of chatter about this here and on twitter, I thought I'd post here.

Jonathan and Andrea are no longer with Carrie. Jonathan left (on his own accord) to pursue his music writing career. He had been with Carrie since the beginning.

Scott Sheriff is replacing Jonathan. He plays keys and will probably also be doing some BGV. He made his debut with her at the first Opry show. He will NOT be with Carrie on Saturday at LP field. Brandon Fraley (Two Story Road) will be subbing for him that night.

Sydni Perry has replaced Andrea. She's apparently a very, very talented singer. She's quite young and this is her first major "gig". She also made her debut at the first Opry show.

Congrats to Scott and Sydni...what an incredible opportunity they've gotten for themselves!

I've noticed some mixed fan reaction to Sydni Perry's voice after the Opry performances (and perhaps after the CMT one that I haven't seen) - I think this is inevitable, in the wake of change, and the adjustment of fans to a deeper, more Blues-flavoured voice. However - I very much hope that fans will warm to her.

Sydni has a background in the sector of Country Music that I love and most appreciate - so I couldn't be more pleased that the band's expanding a little in that direction. I also think she may prove to play a valuable role in the possible "new sound" that Carrie's mentioned.

Here's an example of Sydni singing solo at one of MCR's weekly shows (the venue is roughly an equal distance from Franklin and Nashville, so it's possible Carrie goes occasionally - OK, I'm dreaming, lol)

glenn7, terilyn, rainbow1 and 6 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Interesting and unrelated side-note: Mark Oakley, who was Carrie's first band leader and lead guitar player (now married to Cherie who was Carrie's first back-up singer) has played a few times with Two Story Road, including at their fan club party this week.

Concert Stars
    Well, she can sing, but I don't know about the lower voice - I just didn't like the sound blend for the songs they've sung so far. In LTG last night someone sounded off to me in the choruses- I don't know if both newbies sang, there was something not quite right - I've listened to it about ten times and it brings down the performance for me. Hopefully, it will get better but Carrie plays some big gigs, this gal doesn't have much time to gain experience -
    txacar likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by litchfield93 View Post
    Interesting and unrelated side-note: Mark Oakley, who was Carrie's first band leader and lead guitar player (now married to Cherie who was Carrie's first back-up singer) has played a few times with Two Story Road, including at their fan club party this week.
    Wondered what Mark was up to these days - weren't they both in Gretchen Wilsons band for a while - is Gretchen still touring?
    txacar likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by judes View Post
    Wondered what Mark was up to these days - weren't they both in Gretchen Wilsons band for a while - is Gretchen still touring?
    Yes-they were both with her for a while, but not any more. Not sure if she is touring these days.
    txacar likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    I've noticed some mixed fan reaction to Sydni Perry's voice after the Opry performances (and perhaps after the CMT one that I haven't seen) - I think this is inevitable, in the wake of change, and the adjustment of fans to a deeper, more Blues-flavoured voice. However - I very much hope that fans will warm to her.

Sydni has a background in the sector of Country Music that I love and most appreciate - so I couldn't be more pleased that the band's expanding a little in that direction. I also think she may prove to play a valuable role in the possible "new sound" that Carrie's mentioned.

Here's an example of Sydni singing solo at one of MCR's weekly shows (the venue is roughly an equal distance from Franklin and Nashville, so it's possible Carrie goes occasionally - OK, I'm dreaming, lol)

Love her. Thanks much.

^I like her. Although something seemed off during the Opry's first show I still have to wonder about adjusting the sound, volume, mics, may have made a difference. ( I don't know) I don't think the CMT's sounded bad at all. Maybe the fans that were there could give us some insight what they heard?

Think she deserves a chance. Obviously Carrie must like her, right?

Concert Stars
    From 2nd row in the Opry, I can say that I thought she sounded just fine.

Concert Stars
    She's great! I'm excited!

Insane Carrie Fan
    I wonder how they go about finding new band members? Do they advertise? Or does Mark do the searching on behalf of Carrie?

I think we all owe it to Carrie to give her new band members a chance.

ETA: And to be fair to the new members, the sound stream from the Opry via WSM isn't the greatest so I think we need to reserve judgment. Just my two cents!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Concert Stars

I guess it comes down to preference

Carrie Guru
    ...and she can fill in for Jimmy on the odd occasion when he's not available. lol.

Btw, what happened to our band members thread?

Concert Stars
    I always thought it would be interesting & Carrie could get a big bang for the buck if she added Megan Mullins as BGV & multi instrumentalist.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I concur Heather.Sydni was great 'LIVE' during the 1st show also. Backstage with the massive Fan Club crowd she seem'd a little shy. Made sure to complement her & welcome her to the band that other band members seem to appreciate.
    gran29, rainbow1, terilyn and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    As Daisy said we can't base what she sounds like on the Opry feed because they are notorious for not always sounding the best. I'm sure that Carrie and Mark know what they are doing and that after a few more times out things will start to sound better.

I personally didn't like the way Andrea sounded with Carrie, so this is a good thing for me.

And the keyboard player's credits sounds like he is really talented.
    william0102, rainbow1 and terilyn like this.

Concert Stars
    Only had one listen to the Opry show and I thought she sounded fine. The LTG performance at the CMTs was fantastic! I'm excited to welcome both new members to the band.

Concert Stars
    I've been watching the CMT performance HD download that Hil made for us. I love the way she moves while singing. Very graceful and feminine.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Sydni played fiddle on Last Name last night while Jimmy played banjo.That was kind of cool to see.

I think she's gonna fit in a real well..:-)
    glenn7, hjj, DaisyTweets and 3 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Sydni played fiddle on Last Name last night while Jimmy played banjo.That was kind of cool to see.

I think she's gonna fit in a real well..:-)
    Ditto. nice addition indeed. All kind of possibilities w/her.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast