New Carrie Fan

What do you talk to band members about?

I am going to see a tour that includes 3 of my favorite bands a few times this summer. I have met most of the members, but I never really know what to say to them. I always feel so awkward. What is a conversation you can have with them that isn't typical like "I loved your show" or "Can I get a picture with you?"I Please help this not be so awkward for me! Thanks :-)Please

I felt the same way when I got a chance to meet Sons of Sylvia at their soundcheck. Once we got past the awkwardness of finding a conversation topic, we ended up just talking about random stuff. It was in December, so I actually had a nice little conversation with them about their holiday plans. What it's like traveling so much, etc.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    When I talk to Carrie's band I usually just complement them on how well they play. Last time I saw them was in Decature Il and some of them were outside their bus playing with a hunting bow. So I left.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    some of them were outside their bus playing with a hunting bow. So I left.
    hahaha!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I felt the same way when I got a chance to meet Sons of Sylvia at their soundcheck. Once we got past the awkwardness of finding a conversation topic, we ended up just talking about random stuff. It was in December, so I actually had a nice little conversation with them about their holiday plans. What it's like traveling so much, etc.
    LUCKY! At every Play On show I went to (This is 100% true. NO LIE) they always said they would be in section ___ which would always be either, 2 down by me, or not that far away. I got so mad at the Baltimore show because they were 2 sections away from me!!!!!!!!!

New Carrie Fan
    The best advice is to not over think what it is that you want to say, keep a down to earth head. True you are a fan and you love what they do but they are people just like us and I am sure that they will be able to enjoy your company more if you approach them that way. Instead of thinking of them as a band think of it as you are just meeting them for the first time, what type of conversation would you normally strike up with new friends?

Carrie Follower
    Just don't think you're talking to someone above you. Keep your composure and think of it as if you're just talking to your brother or friend. This way, you will be able to act as normal as possible. You don't want to twist your tongue 'coz you're nervous.

•