Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Predict single #4!

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Renegade Runaway

1 1.41%
  • Dirty Laundry

47 66.20%
  • Chaser

1 1.41%
  • Relapse

0 0%
  • What I Never Knew I Always Wanted

0 0%
  • Choctaw County Affair

16 22.54%
  • The Girl You Think I Am

1 1.41%
  • Like I'll Never Love You Again

1 1.41%
  • Mexico

4 5.63%
  • Clock Don't Stop

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree144Likes

Thread: Guess single #4

Huge Carrie Follower carriefan14's Avatar
    It is so hard to predict the next single! I could see them going so many different directions.

However, i think it makes the most sense to release Choctaw County. She's already done it at CMA Fest, people loved it. She's done it every night of the tour, people tweeted about it. The video would have to be awesome, just by default. To tell the story. I dont see a loss any way around.

CCA also has the most views of any of the tracks left. I think that indicates something, whether people love it or hate it. No news is worse than bad news.

Do people like DL as much as they like CCA? I dont think so.

Quote Originally Posted by lolita55 View Post
    I think Release and Chaser should be released to pop or adult contemporary radio. I think they should release CCA as her 4th single because now that Miranda is releasing new music Carrie is going to be shoved to the bank burner, and to somewhat counter that CCA needs to be the 4th single.
    I don't think Carrie will be shoved to the back burner - she will still be their most reliable hit maker, and probably their biggest female earner.

However, I did read the Tennessean article on Randy Goodman, a couple of days ago, with rather mixed feelings. I stress that it's only one article, and the write-up may reflect the emphasis the writer chose to put on the interview - but I thought it did give a rather different impression than the two earlier articles I posted in the CEO thread.
    Sony Nashville 'changes the storyline' by breaking new artists

This is the paragraph potentially relevant to the point you've raised:

"Sony, Goodman said, needed to prove to Nashville that it could break new artists. Yes, the label was home to superstars Kenny Chesney, Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley. But that wasn't going to cut it. In media interviews and in early meetings with his staff, Goodman made clear that the goal would be to launch the careers of newcomers."

As I said, I don't think commercial wisdom would go anywhere near putting these established artists on the back burner - they are all big earners, and are described as "superstars". The two women, in particular, are still at dynamic stages in their careers.

However, while I don't think 'back burner' is the actual danger, I did feel that the tone of the article leans a bit to suggesting that he sees Sony as having done as much as they can to build up the 'superstars', and I saw that as rather in contrast to Cindy Mabe's view, in her interview, of when youv'e built your artists vertically (charts and sales), concentrate on extending then horizontally (new directions).

Goodman's emphasis, in this article, seems clearly more on new artists (with signing Maren Morris seen as his biggest new breakthrough).
    This emphasis would actually be fairly typical of a new label chief.
    teesharky, Smokyiiis and lolita55 like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ Ugh watch he screws Carrie at the Grammys and pushes for Cam or Maren Morris. I like both of those ladies-- their music is great. And I think they do deserve some awards and recognition.

But I could see him snubbing Carrie and putting all the label support into getting noms for those two. If he does that to the best album in Carrie's career- Storyteller- I will despise him for life. I have had enough of Carrie getting snubbed at CMAS and ACMS. The Grammys are her only (and last) hope besides fan voted stuff that he cannot control to snub Carrie.
    lolita55 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by carriefan14 View Post
    It is so hard to predict the next single! I could see them going so many different directions.

However, i think it makes the most sense to release Choctaw County. She's already done it at CMA Fest, people loved it. She's done it every night of the tour, people tweeted about it. The video would have to be awesome, just by default. To tell the story. I dont see a loss any way around.

CCA also has the most views of any of the tracks left. I think that indicates something, whether people love it or hate it. No news is worse than bad news.

Do people like DL as much as they like CCA? I dont think so.
    Did you see the 2 polls here about the next single? And Dirty Laundry is the best non-single selling song in Storyteller. Plus everybody already know the lyrics and sing it at the tour.

I love CCA but it will sell even less than CB. And all the press is about Carrie playing the harmonica, not about the song... lol

Dirty Laundry is going to be the best selling single this era if released. Then close the era with CCA. Thats my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Did you see the 2 polls here about the next single? And Dirty Laundry is the best non-single selling song in Storyteller. Plus everybody already know the lyrics and sing it at the tour.

I love CCA but it will sell even less than CB. And all the press is about Carrie playing the harmonica, not about the song... lol

Dirty Laundry is going to be the best selling single this era if released. Then close the era with CCA. Thats my opinion.
    Did not realize DL was best selling non single. You are right about CCA in concert. Not a lot of excitement there except the harmonicas. She was smart to add that little touch. As for view count, WINKIAW official audio (VEVO) has 1,299,059 on youtube, highest of remaining tracks, but I doubt that will be relevant. I have no idea about Spotify, iheart, etc. streams. Have to factor that in, as well. All in all, I just want DL, lol.
    simonplay and lolita55 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    Did not realize DL was best selling non single. You are right about CCA in concert. Not a lot of excitement there except the harmonicas. She was smart to add that little touch. As for view count, WINKIAW official audio (VEVO) has 1,299,059 on youtube, highest of remaining tracks, but I doubt that will be relevant. I have no idea about Spotify, iheart, etc. streams. Have to factor that in, as well. All in all, I just want DL, lol.
    If there were to be only 1 more single released from Storyteller....it has to be DL. However, I hope they release 5 or 6 singles with one of them being totally surprising!!

Concert Stars
    I hope both DL and CCA are singles. CCA was named Carrie's best song ever in many reviews and it won best song on Storyteller on here. It would be crazy not to release both songs, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by twaintrain View Post
    I hope both DL and CCA are singles. CCA was named Carrie's best song ever in many reviews and it won best song on Storyteller on here. It would be crazy not to release both songs, IMO.
    I would love it if both were singles. Please let it happen. They are both so good. She performs CCA so well especially when she brings out harmonica.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^ Ditto. I want both CCA and DL to be singles so badly.

I think DL is a lock next though given that radio is playing it already. Otherwise, I would have guessed CCA next due to the CMA FEst.

I still think it is odd that her team chose not to showcase the new single at CMA Fest if it is DL, knowing this would air on tv RIGHT when the single is about to drop. Odd.
    lizcarlo, Hil and CrazyAboutCarrie like this.

Concert Stars
    Seems like DL is a lock. Sirius plays the new singles early. They played Blue for Keith a few days after Wasted Time peaked last week.

Stephanie Salazar ‏@StephS_24 1h1 hour ago
    Driving around listening to @SXMTheHighway and they just played "Dirty Laundry"! @carrieunderwood
    simonplay, lizcarlo and Hil like this.

Thank God!! I think this is the first single this era that Im really excited for!!

Concert Stars
    ^ Yes I am excited too! Iwant CCA next- after DL- but I think DL is perfect to close out the summer, and that way the 2 murder songs will be separated.

Sirius never plays Album tracks randomly. They usually only play the current single, or recurrent old singles. But they rarely play non-singles. Only if a new album comes out- then they play the whole album the weekend before release.
    Hil and countrymusicfan15 like this.

I loved Dirty Laundry immediately and its still one I enjoy immensely. Happy its next single.

Huge Carrie Follower carriethequeen's Avatar
    I think DL is a better song than CCA (gasp! lol) so I am dying for DL to be next!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I think it's pretty clear DL and CCA are the favourites for the next single. I hope one of those is chosen. Whatever they pick will be great. Storyteller is a hit-packed CD.
    CrazyAboutCarrie and Hil like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    simonplay, teesharky and Hil like this.

At this rate DL will enter at radio top 50 before they announce it as a single! Lol
    Kizmet311, teesharky, Hil and 2 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Her team is crazy if they don't release it next. Just saying.

Huge Carrie Follower carriefan14's Avatar
    So DL???

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriefan14 View Post
    So DL???
    Nothing official yet. It's just getting some unsolicited spins on Sirius, but we're hoping that's a good sign!

•  
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast