Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Storyteller's Misheard Lyrics

  1. #1
    Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,006

    Storyteller's Misheard Lyrics

    So I feel like with this album I had to actually look at the album notes to figure out what the lyric was. I think it's because this album has had the most complex lyrics of her albums to date.

    Anyway, I noticed on the internet people obviously misheard some things and published it on sites like A-Z lyrics or similar sites.

    In RR, the album notes say "Young gunslinger makin' you a mess". Some people have written it down as "Young gunslinger makin' new amends".

    In Heartbeat, the album notes say "I wanna feel it like a kick drum" which makes more sense than "And wanna feel it like a kick drum" even though sometimes I think Carrie actually does sing "And wanna" lol

    And in Mexico I thought she was saying "If they get the cops on us it's 25 to life". Nope, it's "if they get the cuffs on us"
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #2
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Burst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,314
    In Church Bells I heard
    Jenny grew up wild
    Like a black foot daisy
    Out in the shack
    With a bloated count

  • #3
    Ultimate Carrie Fan AIgrl06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,431
    Concert Stars
    I'm like, 95% sure on Heartbeat she does sing "And I wanna feel it like a kick drum." I don't care what the liner notes say, lol.
    mtreasmith likes this.

  • #4
    Insane Carrie Fan Suellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,527
    Concert Stars
    For WINKIAW, I thought Carrie was singing "dressing this way," until I saw the lyric video and noticed it was "dressing in white."

  • #5
    Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    38
    In Chaser, I thought it was, "It's the thrill, it's the high, it's the love of the game." Instead of "It's the thrill, it's the hunt, it's the love of the game."

    In Relapse, I thought it was, "You're just someone that I'm tasting." "Some wine" sounded so much like "someone" to me!

    In TGYTIAM, I thought it was "I was singing at a baby laying in a manger." The actual lyrics of "I was signing 'bout a baby laying in a manger" make much more sense.

    In Mexico, I thought it was "And I'll lead 'em down a different road"

    I had quite a few lyric mishaps with this album. :-(
    DazzledByCarrie likes this.

  • #6
    Ultimate Carrie Fan AIgrl06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,431
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveCU31613 View Post
    In Relapse, I thought it was, "You're just someone that I'm tasting." "Some wine" sounded so much like "someone" to me!
    Oh. My. God.

    Is this in the liner notes as "You're just some wine that I'm tasting?" Because no. My ears clearly hear "someone."

    I've obviously never actually looked up the lyrics to any of these songs.

  • #7
    Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by AIgrl06 View Post
    Oh. My. God.

    Is this in the liner notes as "You're just some wine that I'm tasting?" Because no. My ears clearly hear "someone."

    I've obviously never actually looked up the lyrics to any of these songs.
    Yep, that's what it says in the album liner! I didn't find out until about a month after the album came out when I was just casually scrolling through the album booklet.

    They sound too much alike!!!

  • #8
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    19,208
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveCU31613 View Post
    In Chaser, I thought it was, "It's the thrill, it's the high, it's the love of the game." Instead of "It's the thrill, it's the hunt, it's the love of the game."

    In Relapse, I thought it was, "You're just someone that I'm tasting." "Some wine" sounded so much like "someone" to me!

    In TGYTIAM, I thought it was "I was singing at a baby laying in a manger." The actual lyrics of "I was signing 'bout a baby laying in a manger" make much more sense.

    In Mexico, I thought it was "And I'll lead 'em down a different road"

    I had quite a few lyric mishaps with this album. :-(
    thats what I hear.what is the correct lyric?
    Kizmet311 and rainbow1 like this.

  • #9
    Huge Carrie Follower CarrieUDomination's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    thats what I hear.what is the correct lyric?
    Is that really not the correct lyric?

  • #10
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    19,208
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieUDomination View Post
    Is that really not the correct lyric?
    so looked it up and then listened again closely

    it's "it might lead'em down a different road"

  • #11
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    home
    Posts
    2,212
    Wow. I FEEL STUPID. I have sung "you're just someone I've been tasting" soooooo many times. Out loud. In front of people.

    Also, Renegade Runaway. The first line of the chorus. WHAT IS SHE SAYING, its so mumbled. lol
    DazzledByCarrie likes this.

  • #12
    Huge Carrie Follower CarrieUDomination's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by mtreasmith View Post
    Wow. I FEEL STUPID. I have sung "you're just someone I've been tasting" soooooo many times. Out loud. In front of people.

    Also, Renegade Runaway. The first line of the chorus. WHAT IS SHE SAYING, its so mumbled. lol
    I believe it's "She's a sure-shot, knock the ash off a smokin' cigarettes."

  • #13
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    19,208
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by mtreasmith View Post
    Wow. I FEEL STUPID. I have sung "you're just someone I've been tasting" soooooo many times. Out loud. In front of people.

    Also, Renegade Runaway. The first line of the chorus. WHAT IS SHE SAYING, its so mumbled. lol
    lol, join the crowd

    RR line is 'she's a sure shot knock the ash off a smokin' cigarette"
    it's a reference to Annie Oakley, who was a sharp shooter and would shoot ashes off cigarettes in her shows
    Gator likes this.

  • #14
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    219
    I thought in Mexico it said "passport says J-lo" but apparently is says "Jane doe" lol

  • #15
    Ultimate Carrie Fan txacar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,531
    Quote Originally Posted by AIgrl06 View Post
    Oh. My. God.

    Is this in the liner notes as "You're just some wine that I'm tasting?" Because no. My ears clearly hear "someone."

    I've obviously never actually looked up the lyrics to any of these songs.
    Not laughing about misunderstanding the lyrics because I've done that many times. But this one is so hilarious. The title indicates, of course, she is comparing her addiction to him to an alcoholic who relapses. Can't imagine what you envision when she sings the lyric "one or two little sips" with you're just someone that I'm tasting. Lol!!! Thanks for the laugh -- too funny!!
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #16
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    home
    Posts
    2,212
    Carrie needs to work on her articulation lol

  • #17
    Ultimate Carrie Fan AIgrl06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,431
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    Not laughing about misunderstanding the lyrics because I've done that many times. But this one is so hilarious. The title indicates, of course, she is comparing her addiction to him to an alcoholic who relapses. Can't imagine what you envision when she sings the lyric "one or two little sips" with you're just someone that I'm tasting. Lol!!! Thanks for the laugh -- too funny!!
    Wouldn't you like to know!
    txacar likes this.

  • #18
    Insane Carrie Fan Gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    4,098
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    lol, join the crowd

    RR line is 'she's a sure shot knock the ash off a smokin' cigarette"
    it's a reference to Annie Oakley, who was a sharp shooter and would shoot ashes off cigarettes in her shows
    Thanks, this is the only lyric I questioned. ;-)

  • #19
    Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,006
    Also, dirty laundry - what is she saying versus what is the correct lyric?

    "Just say goodbye to yoooooou"
    "And say goodbye to yoooooou"
    "To say goodbye to yoooooooou"

  • #20
    Carrie Guru
    Kizmet311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    11,309
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriefan14 View Post
    Also, dirty laundry - what is she saying versus what is the correct lyric?

    "Just say goodbye to yoooooou"
    "And say goodbye to yoooooou"
    "To say goodbye to yoooooooou"
    Pretty sure it's "to say goodbye to you". The "laundry" is waving in the wind "to" say goodbye to the guy.


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Storyteller Top 3/Bottom 3
      By Claire2004 in forum Storyteller
      Replies: 83
      Last Post: 03-30-2016, 01:27 PM
    2. Favorite Lyrics from Storyteller
      By carriefan14 in forum Storyteller
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: 01-09-2016, 01:30 PM
    3. Storyteller Survivor!!!!
      By CarrieUDomination in forum Storyteller
      Replies: 467
      Last Post: 11-30-2015, 11:19 AM
    4. My Storyteller Review
      By julesb2183 in forum Storyteller
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 10-25-2015, 11:06 PM
    5. The 'story' in Storyteller
      By countrymusicfan15 in forum Storyteller
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 09-18-2015, 07:43 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •