Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Build Your Perfect Album!

Junior Carrie Follower dsfox2009's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Lightbulb Build Your Perfect Album!

As things have started to get rather quiet around here these days, I thought that maybe we could spice things up a bit with a game I thought up today. The rules are simple. Using a process of elimination, you must pick one of the respective track numbers from each of Carrie’s albums to create your personal version of a Carrie “super album” of your very own! There are a few rules here. For starters, tracks 1 and 2 will have more options to choose from due to the Greatest Hits singles. Also, track 14 will have a few options more than tracks 3-13 as a few Carrie albums have more tracks than others. As the fourteenth track on Storyteller is technically the stripped version of Heartbeat, I have included LGDGUTF as an option in the final slot. If you guys feel the need, you may tack on a fifteenth track but the rule there is that it must be a studio-recorded song that has not found a home on one of Carrie’s studio albums (such as Remind Me, Somethin’ Bad, There’s A Place For Us, Ever Ever After, etc.). Any reasoning can be used to choose your tracks such as personal tastes, success as a single, or the overall flow of your chosen tracks. Let the games begin!

**Mods, if you feel as though this thread is misplaced please feel free to move as you feel best**

Track 1:
    Wasted
    Flat On The Floor
    Cowboy Casanova
    Good Girl
    Something In The Water
    Renegade Runaway

Track 2:
    Don’t Forget To Remember Me
    All-American Girl
    Quitter
    Blown Away
    Little Toy Guns
    Dirty Laundry

Track 3:
    Some Hearts
    So Small
    Mama’s Song
    Two Black Cadillacs
    Church Bells

Track 4:
    Jesus, Take The Wheel
    Just A Dream
    Change
    See You Again
    Heartbeat

Track 5:
    The Night Before (Life Goes On)
    Get Out Of This Town
    Undo It
    Do You Think About Me
    Smoke Break

Track 6:
    Lessons Learned
    Crazy Dreams
    Someday When I Stop Loving You
    Forever Changed
    Choctaw County Affair

Track 7:
    Before He Cheats
    I Know You Won’t
    Songs Like This
    Nobody Ever Told You
    Like I’ll Never Love You Again

Track 8:
    Starts With Goodbye
    Last Name
    Temporary Home
    One Way Ticket
    Chaser

Track 9:
    I Just Can’t Live A Lie
    You Won’t Find This
    This Time
    Thank God For Hometowns
    Relapse

Track 10:
    We’re Young And Beautiful
    I Told You So
    Look At Me
    Good In Goodbye
    Clock Don’t Stop

Track 11:
    That’s Where It Is
    The More Boys I Meet
    Unapologize
    Leave Love Alone
    The Girl You Think I Am

Track 12:
    Whenever You Remember
    Twisted
    What Can I Say
    Cupid’s Got A Shotgun
    Mexico

Track 13:
    I Ain’t In Checotah Anymore
    Wheel Of The World
    Play On
    Wine After Whiskey
    What I Never Knew I Always Wanted

Track 14:
    Inside Your Heaven
    Sometimes You Leave
    Who Are You
    Little Girl Don’t Grow Up Too Fast

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ahhhh this will be sooo hard to do!! But I will be back later or tomorrow with my picks.

Concert Stars
    ^I know! I have been trying to pick my choices since I thought of this earlier and it is pretty tricky....
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Track 2 is the worst!!! I love all of those choices lol

Concert Stars
    Here's my current list. Actually looking at it, I think that the tracks flow pretty well!

Something In The Water

Dirty Laundry

Two Black Cadillacs

Jesus, Take The Wheel

Smoke Break

Before He Cheats

Chaser

Relapse

I Told You So

The More Boys I Meet

Cupid’s Got A Shotgun

Wine After Whiskey

Inside Your Heaven

Junior Carrie Follower DazzledByCarrie's Avatar
    So, I'm starting to think maybe Play On ISN'T my favorite album, like I've always said it was... Here's my list:

1. Something In The Water
    2. Blown Away
    3. Two Black Cadillacs
    4. Just A Dream
    5. Do You Think About Me
    6. Choctaw County Affair
    7. I Know You Won't
    8. Starts With Goodbye
    9. Relapse
    10. Good In Goodbye
    11. The Girl You Think I Am
    12. What Can I Say
    13. I Ain't In Checotah Anymore
    14. Sometimes You Leave

Junior Carrie Follower gagacasanova's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Track 1:
    Cowboy Casanova

Track 2: (This was REALLY difficult. This or Blown Away)
    Donít Forget To Remember Me

Track 3:
    Two Black Cadillacs

Track 4:
    See You Again

Track 5:
    Get Out Of This Town

Track 6:
    Choctaw County Affair

Track 7: (this was a hard one. It was between this, Like I'll Never Love You Again and I Know You Won't)
    Songs Like This

Track 8:
    Last Name

Track 9:
    Relapse

Track 10:
    Clock Donít Stop

Track 11:
    Unapologize

Track 12:
    Cupidís Got A Shotgun

Track 13:
    Play On

Track 14:
    Sometimes You Leave

Junior Carrie Follower
    Okay this was really hard lol but I think I have a good Album. (Of course it's good it's a Carrie Album &#128516

Wasted
    Blown Away
    Church Bells
    Just A dream
    Do You Think About Me
    Choctaw County Affair
    Before He Cheats
    Chaser
    This Time
    Good In Goodbye
    The Girl You Think I Am
    Mexico
    Wine After Whiskey
    Sometimes You Leave

1: Something In The Water
    2: Little Toy Guns (I can't believe I got rid of Blown Away, but I couldn't call myself LTG's biggest fan if I ditched it - RIP Blown Away).
    3: Church Bells (CB vs. TBC = Battle of the Century!)
    4: See You Again (as long as every live performance includes a church choir)
    5: Smoke Break
    6: Choctaw County Affair (sorry Crazy Dreams!)
    7: I Know You Won’t (Sorry BHC, LINLYA, and SLT!)
    8: Last Name
    9: This Time (Track 9 isn't a strong # overall)
    10: Good In Goodbye
    11: The Girl You Think I Am (Not that strong either)
    12: Mexico
    13: Wine After Whiskey
    14: Sometimes You Leave (I guess - I actually barely remember this song)
    Bonus Track 15: Is It Still Over? w/ Randy Travis

1. Something In The Water
    2. Blown Away
    3. Church Bells
    4. Jesus Take The Wheel
    5. Do You Think About Me
    6. Someday When I Stop Loving You
    7. Like I'll Never Love You Again
    8. Starts With Goodbye
    9. Relapse
    10. I Told You So
    11. Leave Love Alone
    12. Cupid's Got A Shotgun
    13. Wine After Whiskey
    14. Sometimes You Leave

Junior Carrie Follower
    That was fun!

01. Something In The Water
    02. Blown Away
    03. Church Bells
    04. Just A Dream
    05. Do You Think About Me
    06. Choctaw County Affair
    07. Before He Cheats
    08. Last Name
    09. Relapse
    010. Look At Me
    011. Unapologize
    012. What Can I Say
    013. Wine After Whiskey
    014. Inside Your Heaven

015. I'll Stand By You

SH: 2
    CR: 2
    PO: 3
    BA: 3
    GH: 1
    ST: 3
    Last edited by Curr; 01-17-2016 at 03:50 AM.

Track 1:
    Good Girl
    It's hard to say goodbye to FOTF, but GG is probably Carrie's most adventurous vocal and musical track to date

Track 2:
    Donít Forget To Remember Me
    AAG & LTG are non-starters for me; Carrie did more with Q than any other Country star has done with a Martin/Shellback co-write, but the experiment is not really my cup of tea; I'm probably one of the few who finds BA a good song, but a little overstated; DL is fun and an interesting album track - but DFTRM was, and is, a near perfect Carrie song, in terms of theme, singing, mood and emotion.

Track 3:
    Two Black Cadillacs
    CB was the only one of these to push it close, but TBC wins, for me, on being more musically adventurous

Track 4:
    Just A Dream
    A tough call between JTTW & JAD, but I think JAD was one of the songs that I truly think was unfairly snubbed - and I have to let Carrie have one of her power vocals on the album

Track 5:
    Smoke Break
    No real contest here - SB is one I was waiting for, and shows a depth of commitment and empathy, as well as understanding of the genre's soul

Track 6:
    Forever Changed
    I think this was the hardest track for me to decide on, with four of the five all having a very strong claim. CD is one of her best co-writes, personal, well balanced and musically interesting; CCA is innovative, and one of the strongest tracks on the new album; SWISLY is one of my personal favourites, that I could listen to forever. I nearly gave it to SWISLY - but in the end I went for FC, as a near perfect example of intimate and insightful mood singing. My personal view is that Carrie's own emotional commitment to a song becomes very strong, and she probably feels more comfortable when she can deliver that emotion with strong hammer blows of music and vocal bravura. On the quieter, more intimate songs, she may feel too absorbed in the feeling for public performance - but I think a vocal of this type should be on a representative album

Track 7:
    Like Iíll Never Love You Again
    Another very tough choice. BHC was a career shaper, and a milestone. It probably deserves to be there - but perhaps sheer familiarity is unfairly squeezing it out. IKYW has a superb vocal, & SLT is "bad ass" Carrie at her raw Country Rock best. But I'm giving it to LINLYA - probably the best track on the latest album, and certainly, in my view, one of Carrie's most sultry, romantic, realistic and mature vocals to date.

Track 8:
    Chaser
    Some not-so-strong competition here - but C is a deserved winner in my view. Many people do "Country Pop" - but seldom as successfully as this, in a song that maintains musical interest and genre loyalty, in what could prove to be a song that pushes the right buttons for many shades of preference among her potential listeners

Track 9:
    Thank God For Hometowns
    Sometimes, it's a little hard to avoid the impression that, in general terms, the second half of Carrie's albums lack some of the excitement of the first few tracks. This is another not particularly strong pool, in my view, but I'm going for the generally under-rated TGFH (which Carrie has sung at the Opry, and said she wished she'd written). Less critical of the mixed realities of small town experiences than most of the current female new wave, it nevertheless captures the mood of nostalgia, in a song that is musically and lyrically well chosen, and beautifully sung.

Track 10:
    I Told You So
    None of these are really top stand-outs for me - but Carrie should have one "classic" on the album, to show her links to an ongoing musical stream

Track 11:
    Leave Love Alone
    BA contained a range of experiments, influenced by different Country Music styles (for which, I think, it received too little credit). This was one of them. Lyrically rather thin, it nevertheless scored for me on its music and exhuberant delivery

Track 12:
    Cupidís Got A Shotgun
    This song has humour, good music, and an enthusiastic, endearing vocal. Why more wasn't made of it perhaps reflects the view of Carrie that her A & R team prefer to project. They probably know her market better - but I would want it on the album!

Track 13:
    I Ainít In Checotah Anymore
    Several of these were closing tracks - where Carrie delivers a message that has a personal meaning - and is often quite different from the rest of the album. The earliest one is still the best, for me - and is a piece of Carrie's history that deserves to be included

Track 14:
    Who Are You
    Some of my "skips" here, I'm afraid - but I'll go for the more experimental and probing WAY

Extra Studio Track:
    Somethin' Bad
    I was very disappointed by this song when it came out - but I gradually warmed to it. Several factors helped - the photos of Carrie and Miranda laughing at Frank Liddell's production sessions, the incident packed and rebel-focused video, the use of Spencer Callum's steel guitar. I'd wanted something more musically hard core - but this went number one on HCS, and held it for more than one week, and obviously fitted the streaming and download market. As a duet, and as a reminder that radio isn't everything, I'd be happy to include it.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Track 1:
    Wasted

Track 2:
    Blown Away

Track 3:
    Church Bells

Track 4:
    Jesus, Take The Wheel

Track 5:
    Do You Think About Me

Track 6:

Track 7:
    Like Iíll Never Love You Again

Track 8:
    Temporary Home

Track 9:
    You Wonít Find This

Track 10:
    Look At Me

Track 11:
    The Girl You Think I Am

Track 12:
    Cupidís Got A Shotgun

Track 13:
    Wine After Whiskey

Track 14:
    Sometimes You Leave

Extra Track: I'll Stand By You

OMG, track 1 was killer. Four of my favorites. Wasted, GG, FOTF, and SITW. I surprised myself on some of my choices, like keeping TH over Chaser.

Huge Carrie Follower CarrieUDomination's Avatar
    1. Good Girl (sorry SITW...)
    2. Blown Away (sorry DL...)
    3. Church Bells (sorry SH and TBC...)
    4. Just a Dream (sorry JTTW... this just flowed better lol)
    5. Undo It (SO sorry GOOTT and SB!!!!)
    6. Choctaw County Affair (...not even sorry lol)
    7. Before He Cheats (sorry IKYW, SLT, and REALLY sorry LINLYA!!)
    8. Chaser (sorry SWG, LN, and OWT...)
    9. You Won't Find This (SUPER sorry IJCLAL and Relapse!)
    10. I Told You So (sorry LAM...)
    11. Leave Love Alone (sorry Unapologize...)
    12. What Can I Say (really sorry Twisted and Mexico!!!)
    13. Wine After Whiskey (not sorry in the least)

This was HARD. I don't know if I just became obsessed with making a cohesive list or if I just really love Carrie's darker, more depressing songs lol.

Concert Stars
    1. Something in the water
    2. Dirty Laundry
    3. So Small (this one was cruel)
    4. Jesus take the wheel
    5. Get out of this town
    6. Choctaw county affair
    7. Before he cheats
    8. Chaser
    9. I just can't live a lie
    10. I told you so
    11. The girl you think I am
    12. Twisted
    13.i ain't in Chocotah anymore
    14. Who are you

This was so freaking hard. Lol. I'm not 100% on any of these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Great idea for a thread. I think tracks 1,2,5 and 6 were nearly impossible for me.

Track 1- Something in the Water. I remember me being obsessed with Flat On the Floor when CR came out and I was originally going to pick that as the winner. Then I thought about Wasted and GG is probably my favorite Boy-bashing Carrie song she's ever released. The more I thought about it the more I felt that SITW was the right choice. Its one of the musically inventive, well written and emotionally invested song Carrie has ever released.

Track 2- Dirty Laundry. This was a three song race for me between DL, BA and Don't Forget to Remember Me. Everytime I hear BA on the radio I go back to the moment when I first heard that song and it was such a gamechanger for Carrie. I'm happy that in between album cycles Carrie brought Don't Forget back into the setlist because I believe it is one of the best written personal songs for Carrie and I still get emotional when listening it. Like SITW, I think DL is perfect are delivery vocally is a standout and lyrics are clever.

Track 3- Two Black Cadillacs. For me it was between this or Church Bells. I think they could flip places on any given day. While Church Bells is more catchy for me I do think the production in Two Black Cadillacs helps it win this round.

Track 4-Just a Dream. I'm not sure at what point this song became underrated. It was nominated for a Grammy. I think it was foreshadowing of the future Storyteller Carrie would become. I believe it was Carrie's last song to be #1 on Billboard for multiple weeks until BA was released, but it seems to have been forgotten outside Carrie's fanbase. While I listen to Jesus Take the Wheel more I have to pick JAD.

Track 5- Get Out Of This Town. Except for Undo It, I think any of this songs could win for me.

Track 6- Someday When I Stop Loving You. Three song race between Choctaw, Someday, and Forever Changed. While Choctaw County Affair was the inspiration for Storyteller and showed that Carrie can give something different with each album, Someday When I Stop Loving You is still my favorite memory from the PO era and one of my favorite Carrie tracks.

Track 7- Before He Cheats. This song is iconic, but besides that it really is one of Carrie's best songs and deserves its spot on it's own merits.

Track 8- Chaser. This one was pretty easy for me actually.

Track 9- You Won't Find This. I feel Carrie has two types of empowering songs. Songs that are meant to be empowering (such as change) and songs with a message that empowering. This song (and Chaser) I feel fall into that category. The strong self-assured woman in this song still makes it one of my favorite CR tracks.

Track 10- Good In Goodbye. This was another easy round for me. Its not one of the stronger categories and this song delivers one of my favorite lines "I thank God I didn't get what I thought I deserved".. Very powerful a great moment of realization in the song.

Track 11- The Girl You Think I Am. I just love the plain spokeness of the lyrics and Carrie's delivery of those lyrics. I love how she seems to get progressively stronger as the song progresses and becomes The Girl her dad thinks she is. LLA might have had a shot if there was more lyrically to it. It is a near perfect song for me.

Track 12- What Can I Say. I remember the fan wars between this song and Someday both of which I think are the two strongest tracks on PO. I think Mexico is great too and Cupid is well written but I am pretty sure about this round for me

Track 13- Wheel of the World. It was between this one I Ain't in Checotah and What I Never Knew. I think I'm liking the latter more with each listen so it might jump ahead but I just love Wheel of the World.

Track 14- Sometimes You Leave. This was pretty easy for me. Love Carrie's vocal and the production of it. I'm not really fond of any of the others.

The awkward moment when I realize I forgot about Wine after Whiskey for Track 13, but I still stand by my choice.
    DazzledByCarrie likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Track 1:Good Girl
    This one was by far the most difficult. I honestly spent far more time than a person should've deciding between W, GG and SITW. I ultimately went with GG as I think it's the most musically exciting and adventurous

Track 2: Blown Away
    Still my favorite Carrie song

Track 3: Two Black Cadillacs
    I've heard this a lot on the radio recently and I've rediscovered my obsession

Track 4: Jesus, Take The Wheel
    Really really tough choice between this and JAD. I think ultimately it was sentimental reasons that made me go with JTTW

Track 5:Get Out Of This Town
    This song so should've been a single. CR had too many great single options

Track 6: Choctaw County Affair
    It was tough between this and SWISLY; maybe the answer will change after a year or so

Track 7: I Know You Wonít
    This song tho <3

Track 8: Last Name

Track 9: Relapse
    I noticed track 9 in general is pretty weak. I love Relapse, but I know it's not everyone's favorite

Track 10: I Told You So

Track 11: The Girl You Think I Am
    Even though I'm a man and I don't talk to my father, I always think about it with my mom (and when I sing along I change the gender of the nouns appropriately) and it always gets to me.

Track 12: What Can I Say
    As much as I love 'Mexico' WCIS will always be one of my absolute favorites. I will always think of it as her most underrated song. I'm still baffled as to how it wasn't released. It would've done amazing!

Track 13:Wine After Whiskey
    The clear winner. I don't think the other's even came close

Track 14: Who Are You
    Probably the weakest grouping of songs

Concert Stars
    Track 1:
    Wasted
    (WOW this one was tough!!!)

Track 2:
    Dirty Laundry
    (I love love love BA, DFTRM, and Quitter, but DL is my fav Carrie song ever)

Track 3:
    So Small

Track 4:
    See You Again

Track 5:
    Get Out Of This Town
    (lot of relaxing-vibe songs here. Going with my favorite)

Track 6:
    (the song that should have been a single!)

Track 7:
    Songs Like This
    (another song from PO that should've been a single)

Track 8:
    Chaser

Track 9:
    This Time
    (one of my favorite Carrie songs of all-time!!)

Track 10:
    I Told You So
    (easy choice here)

Track 11:
    The More Boys I Meet
    (I remember when stations started playing this after JAD peaked. Then surprise! ITYS is new single lol)

Track 12:
    Twisted

Track 13:
    Wheel Of The World
    (such a good song!)

Track 14:
    Who Are You

Concert Stars
    Well, if I follow the rules, I will not end up with my "all-time Carrie Album", but I will try to play by the rules. Wink!
    let me do some homework and I will come up with it......

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    track 11...ugh,don't want any
    can I borrow one from another track group?

Track 1:
    Something in the Water

Track 2:
    DFTRM

Track 3:
    Church Bells

Track 4:
    Jesus,Take the Wheel

Track 5:
    The Night Before (Life Goes On)

Track 6:
    Choctaw County Affair