Page 101 of 207 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 4134
Like Tree8941Likes

Thread: Storyteller Tour

  1. #2001
    Obsessed Carrie Fan PRGuy79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,672
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanVaCarrieFan View Post
    Chill out. It wouldn't be rude. Some of you people (not directly attacking anyone) need to understand that an artist needs to have communication with their fans. We are the reason Carrie has a career. A great voice can only get you but so far, an artist becomes successful when they connect with their audience. It would not be rude to let Carrie know that the majority aren't happy with a concert video. Like I've said on Twitter, complaining about something just shows that you care enough to know that Carrie and the fans deserve better.
    I'm sorry, but I disagree. Not with your right to have an opinion or express it, but with how you choose to express it. Social media is exactly what it says: social. Everyone sees it. Not just you and the artist, but entertainment journalists and trolls who dislike Carrie. Journalists could choose to pick up our "public dirty laundry" and make it part of any story. How sad would that be to have Carrie's fans quoted in a negative story? How pitiful would it be to provide ammunition for trolls from within Carrie's own circle?

    If you have an opinion, feel free to air it: Here, or on the Fan Club, or in an email to Arista Nashville or The HQ (Ann Edelblute) or Carrie herself. But keep it where it belongs - between you, Carrie and her management - not in the social media realm where it can be dissected and recycled by anyone and everyone.
    AdamJ, Smokyiiis, txacar and 8 others like this.

  • #2002
    Huge Carrie Follower carriethequeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    964
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I am still holding out hope that the video will just use Carrie's live concert feed as the Narrator part since she is supposed to be the Storyteller if the album. Makes sense for her to be the Storyteller from
    the concert stage but use actors for the main video.
    Oh please please please let this be the case. That would be a good way to promote the fall version of the tour while still doing justice to the storyline of CB.
    teesharky likes this.

  • #2003
    Insane Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    3,167
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanVaCarrieFan View Post
    Chill out. It wouldn't be rude. Some of you people (not directly attacking anyone) need to understand that an artist needs to have communication with their fans. We are the reason Carrie has a career. A great voice can only get you but so far, an artist becomes successful when they connect with their audience. It would not be rude to let Carrie know that the majority aren't happy with a concert video. Like I've said on Twitter, complaining about something just shows that you care enough to know that Carrie and the fans deserve better.
    Ain't that the truth???
    Why is it "so wrong" and "rude" to express our opinion to Carrie? It's not because we love her to death that we must agree with everything she or the label does.
    In fact, it's because we freaking love her to death that we not only support but also complain when we feel the need.
    I'll never let my love for her blind me.
    RyanVaCarrieFan likes this.

  • #2004
    Carrie Guru thaifood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    On Spaceship Earth
    Posts
    13,154
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanVaCarrieFan View Post
    Chill out. It wouldn't be rude. Some of you people (not directly attacking anyone) need to understand that an artist needs to have communication with their fans. We are the reason Carrie has a career. A great voice can only get you but so far, an artist becomes successful when they connect with their audience. It would not be rude to let Carrie know that the majority aren't happy with a concert video. Like I've said on Twitter, complaining about something just shows that you care enough to know that Carrie and the fans deserve better.
    That is pretty much one of the bigger loads of drivel I think I have ever read.

  • #2005
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,396
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGuy79 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I disagree. Not with your right to have an opinion or express it, but with how you choose to express it. Social media is exactly what it says: social. Everyone sees it. Not just you and the artist, but entertainment journalists and trolls who dislike Carrie. Journalists could choose to pick up our "public dirty laundry" and make it part of any story. How sad would that be to have Carrie's fans quoted in a negative story? How pitiful would it be to provide ammunition for trolls from within Carrie's own circle?

    If you have an opinion, feel free to air it: Here, or on the Fan Club, or in an email to Arista Nashville or The HQ (Ann Edelblute) or Carrie herself. But keep it where it belongs - between you, Carrie and her management - not in the social media realm where it can be dissected and recycled by anyone and everyone.
    Thanks for being the "Voice of Reason" right now. I have not read many posts about the concert video of CB. However, none of us know why they chose to do this instead of making a video. It could be anything at all-as Carrie herself does not call the shots on videos (just ideas of how she wants them to be). She does not have 100% choice on selecting her singles (she has been outnumbered on some of her choices). Does anyone remember her comment when she appeared on the Songwriter's Session with Hillary, Brett, Carey and others? She made a comment (I think about 2BC) saying that she HOPED it would be a single....that is the way it is with all her singles. So do not blame Carrie for the concert video as it may not have been her choice in any way at all. Carrie gets hell all the time about this or that and most of the critics are not even nice to her---so---she sure as hell does not need her fans to get on her case on social media for everyone to see and repeat. Personally, I think CB will be a very good video, done with class and showcasing her beautiful vocals, amazing touring sets and her amazing performance.
    txacar, mooret, rainbow1 and 7 others like this.

  • #2006
    Carrie Guru
    Kizmet311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Carrie Land
    Posts
    12,461
    Concert Stars
    I am upset with the live video for CB, but I will never put the blame on Carrie. My rant about it here was just more "in general". Unless Carrie wants to pay to make her own video, the label may very well dictate the video budget and what she is allowed to do with it. Perhaps Carrie felt she didn't have the time to dedicate to it. I don't know. I just know I'm disappointed, but I would never want to make Carrie feel bad about the decision, whether it was hers or the label's. That's why I haven't said one peep on Twitter about it.
    terilyn and adam1995 like this.

  • #2007
    Junior Carrie Follower DazzledByCarrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    412
    I'm very torn about discussing this on social media. On one hand, I don't want her to think that people like this idea or excited for it. If she (and her management) think people actually like concert videos, they will keep making them. Honestly, I don't understand the thought process behind any artist ever doing a concert music video, but maybe that's just me. That said, I hate the idea of Carrie being upset by it. I wish there was a way we could let her no that we are not into this while still making it really clear that we love her and will support her no matter what.

  • #2008
    Ultimate Carrie Fan txacar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,787
    Concert Stars
    I love Carrie performing live so I will treasure this video.

    Carrie announced the Fall leg of the tour Sat. night during taping of the video. I assumed the label gave her their blessing so she could promote the fall tour. While they don't derive income directly from the tour, they do benefit from additional music sales so it would behoove them to encourage a video showcasing her spectacular event. JMO.

  • #2009
    Huge Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    905
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    That is pretty much one of the bigger loads of drivel I think I have ever read.
    Why? Because you don't agree with it? I don't know what your problem is, but this isn't the first time you've had to make a pointless comment that does nothing to add to the conversation. Stop commenting on my posts if you're only going to say I'm wrong but not back it up. If you have a problem, then address it.

  • #2010
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Zman312's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,003
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanVaCarrieFan View Post
    Why? Because you don't agree with it? I don't know what your problem is, but this isn't the first time you've had to make a pointless comment that does nothing to add to the conversation. Stop commenting on my posts if you're only going to say I'm wrong but not back it up. If you have a problem, then address it.
    Geez, there is no need for this...lol
    There is so much petty argument over nothing.

    #Breath

  • #2011
    Huge Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    905
    Concert Stars
    Sorry, I'm chilling out now. I apologize

  • #2012
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,409
    I'm a little let down, I had this vision for an epic video for CB in my head, I was hoping that the video was already made before she went on her tour. But it is what it is, I'm hoping that she releases DL and CCA and the videos are epic.

  • #2013
    Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    55
    Lets just relax and wait till the video is here. No need to stress and overreact before the video is even out. It's just a music video...
    tigercae likes this.

  • #2014
    sco
    sco is offline
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,101
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAddicted View Post
    Ain't that the truth???
    Why is it "so wrong" and "rude" to express our opinion to Carrie? It's not because we love her to death that we must agree with everything she or the label does.
    There is nothing wrong with expressing an opinion as long as it's done respectfully and politely. Frankly some of the comments on this board have been akin to a complete meltdown. Saying something like 'I was really hoping for a story video for the song' is fine. Begging her to change her mind is just silly because the decisions have already been made and as always there are lots and lots of factors that went into that decision that fans know nothing about. Passing judgement on something one hasn't seen is "wrong" and "rude". Calling a video that doesn't even exist yet 'mediocre' is completely unfair.
    txacar, adam1995, kdprouty and 9 others like this.

  • #2015
    pgk
    pgk is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,930
    Wow! This is not a happy place at the moment. It's Ok, actually it's healthy to vent your disappointment, but try not to linger too long on it. For yourself more than the fandom try to find a way to move on......don't let it ruin all the things that are good in this part of your world.

  • #2016
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    4,772
    While I would have loved an amazing video (which is deserved for CB), and I did say it was disappointing (it is), it is just a video, not the end of the world. I'll get over it. I am just really really glad the public gets to hear CB, it so much deserves to be heard. We'll just see what happens, but let's not tell Carrie she's doing her career wrong, that's totally wrong.
    ethelu and Carrieroxmysox2011 like this.

  • #2017
    pgk
    pgk is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,930
    We don't know who the decision makers are as regards the making of videos. Perhaps Carrie's label is working with a budget that has been cut. There are many things behind the scenes we don't know about. And Carrie does not strike me as the kind of person to air any behind the scene "dirty laundry. But I do know that Carrie loves and appreciates her fans. Over the years I have come to see Carrie as the type of person who takes what she's been handed and whether good or bad, upset or not she moves forward with a smile on her face full of enthusiasm to do the best she can with a situation that may not be of her choosing. In conclusion I love Carrie as a person and an artist. If I am displeased with a video, a single release, a collaboration I have options' I either buy/view it or I don't and I move on to things I admire about Carrie, her music, her extra curricular activities etc.
    txacar, rainbow1, Hil and 2 others like this.

  • #2018
    Carrie Guru thaifood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    On Spaceship Earth
    Posts
    13,154
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanVaCarrieFan View Post
    Why? Because you don't agree with it? I don't know what your problem is, but this isn't the first time you've had to make a pointless comment that does nothing to add to the conversation. Stop commenting on my posts if you're only going to say I'm wrong but not back it up. If you have a problem, then address it.
    Let me explain then. This seems to be nothing more than an exercise to make yourself feel better about some perceived slight on the part of Carrie & whomever made this decision. Your campaign will not get them to change their minds & really the main thing you may accomplish is hurting the feelings of the girl you claim to support. Considering the fact that this video has not even seen the light of day yet it is more than a bit of a knee jerk reaction. And there is my problem with your Twitter & letter writing campaign explained as you requested.
    Hil, OkieChick, adam1995 and 4 others like this.

  • #2019
    Huge Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    905
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Let me explain then. This seems to be nothing more than an exercise to make yourself feel better about some perceived slight on the part of Carrie & whomever made this decision. Your campaign will not get them to change their minds & really the main thing you may accomplish is hurting the feelings of the girl you claim to support. Considering the fact that this video has not even seen the light of day yet it is more than a bit of a knee jerk reaction. And there is my problem with your Twitter & letter writing campaign explained as you requested.
    Okay, I completely understand what you're saying and honestly I kind of agree. However, I do think it's important for Carrie's team to know that we the fans feel that Church Bells deserves better than a concert video, but you are right in that we cannot judge or say anything about the video until we see the video.

  • #2020
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    454
    I'm hoping for like a video where that is the end result of the relationship, and the concert is like a celebration of being free from the terrible situation with the man. Perhaps thats the only video of the concert used.... and then use it as the portion to promote the tour.


  •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Storyteller Album and Tracks
      By opry051008 in forum Storyteller
      Replies: 22186
      Last Post: 11-24-2018, 12:12 PM
    2. Carrie's Itunes Ranking (Storyteller Era)
      By yehchern in forum Carrie Underwood Chart Talk
      Replies: 1054
      Last Post: 12-07-2016, 04:11 AM
    3. Replies: 2
      Last Post: 08-28-2015, 07:20 PM
    4. Replies: 1
      Last Post: 05-16-2014, 08:51 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •