Page 100 of 207 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 4134
Like Tree8941Likes

Thread: Storyteller Tour

Junior Carrie Follower Patkid26's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Ok can we all relax? This really isn't the end of the world, it's just a music video. A lot of people pay zero attention to them anyway, what really matters is how much attention CB gets on radio, which I'm assuming will be a lot.

Also, anyone who does see the video is going to get to see how awesome the production on this tour is, as well as how much Carrie has improved as a headlining entertainer since the PO era. Let's all take a chill pill on this one, much worse decisions have been made by Carrie's team than this lol
    tigercae, northtexas, Hil and 4 others like this.

Junior Carrie Follower Patkid26's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I know everybody was expecting a really cool visual video for this song, but this isn't going to be the last single for this album. Maybe she is saving that type of video for something like DL or CCA. And who knows, maybe there will be really cool scenes in this video in between concert clips. I'd try not to worry too much about this, especially when we haven't even seen the video yet.
    tigercae, Hil, liz278 and 2 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patkid26 View Post
    Ok can we all relax? This really isn't the end of the world, it's just a music video. A lot of people pay zero attention to them anyway, what really matters is how much attention CB gets on radio, which I'm assuming will be a lot.

Also, anyone who does see the video is going to get to see how awesome the production on this tour is, as well as how much Carrie has improved as a headlining entertainer since the PO era. Let's all take a chill pill on this one, much worse decisions have been made by Carrie's team than this lol
    Yes. Let us not forget Mama's Song, or Little Toy Guns, for that matter.
    Patkid26 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Right! I go to concert because of Carrie.😊Openers my excuse to get little Wasted so I can party.😆
    Patkid26 and countrygram like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Unless they plan of using this church bells video has the drive force for Carrie to get an entertainer of the year nom at the CMA's?? Voters tend to ignore facts and figures but to see video proof...... Hard to deny

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Reid View Post
    Unless they plan of using this church bells video has the drive force for Carrie to get an entertainer of the year nom at the CMA's?? Voters tend to ignore facts and figures but to see video proof...... Hard to deny
    Carrie could end poverty with her voice and she still wouldn't win anything at a country award show, it's time to give up the dream lol.
    teesharky and pklongbeach like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    I doubt this is a factor in ACM and CMA voters, but wonder if the overall concert experience ie. Quality/draw of openers play part in her lack of consideration of EOTY. If she is not going to get established successful openers, she needs to sign up and coming new exciting acts.
    I doubt if less established opening acts, as such, have much impact on the voting - but I think there are signs that some voters prefer big multi-artist concerts, with approximately co-ordinate shared billing given to more than one established artist. (I'm not advocating this myself - just trying to answer your question, in the sense that I think some will see this as putting more emphasis on advancing the genre, rather than the individual)

More generally, I think Carrie may have been under-rated by some in the Entertainment category because of a tendency I briefly touched on in my previous post - a feeling that some have that she puts too much emphasis on her role as an individual stage singer, rather than as a fully integrated Country Musician, and that she remains a little detached from some of the songs she sings - being seen more as a role-player or narrator, rather than as being more personally involved in the song. (Again, I'm not saying this view necessarily has validity - rather that I do believe some voters attach more value to those aspects)

As I said before, though, I'm very proud of this era - and I believe, among other things, that Carrie has significantly upped her game in the very areas I've hinted at above. This era has, for me at least, a more integrated musical feel, and a more noticeably personal feel to some of the songs.

The outcome is twofold - she has a knock-out tour in its own right - and she is, at least potentially, presenting "doubters" with a subtle, but noticeable, change in emphasis. I think next year may give her her best chance yet of a peer-voted Entertainment award.
    rainbow1 and tigercae like this.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyLaundry View Post
    Carrie could end poverty with her voice and she still wouldn't win anything at a country award show, it's time to give up the dream lol.

Sadly I agree 100% with this.
    maddkat likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I didn't post anything about my disappointment on Twitter, because I didn't want to take the chance that Carrie would see it, but I did send a direct message to Tee and Donna over the weekend when I found out CB was going to be a concert video. I haven't really been disappointed with much this era. When Smoke Break was released as the lead single, I had nothing to compare it to since we hadn't heard the other tracks yet, and I loved it (although it is way down the list of favorite songs from the album). I adore the Smoke Break video, the album booklet, and all of the western vibe from the initial album promo period. I love HB and I assumed it would be a single and the timing of it being out for Valentine's Day couldn't have been more perfect. I think the video is beautiful and I wasn't expecting anything from that video, so I wasn't disappointed with it. Can you tell it is "cheap", maybe, but I didn't need a big video for that song. The selection of CB for single 3 couldn't be more perfect. I love the song. As long as DL becomes a single, then I think they have done pretty well, although I do hope they go 5 or 6 deep this era and I think they might. It would be hard to go wrong with RR, CCA, Chaser, or even WINK for the last single or two. The tour is spectacular and I am so thankful that I got to see it in Louisville. Easton and the Swon Brothers are pretty ho-hum openers, but I haven't really cared for any of Carrie's openers except LBT way back on the Carnival Ride tour. I like Hunter Hayes, but he isn't a great live singer and I don't own any of his music. Craig Morgan and Billy Currington were horrible choices for me personally. SOS was also a horrible choice other than getting to hear WCIS during the PO tour. Then there is the album itself, which is so freaking good that I still listen to it constantly 5 months later. I don't know that I've done that for any album, even past Carrie albums.

So, my only major disappointment this era was that Chaser wasn't part of the tour set list. Until now, until finding out that CB is (most likely) getting a crappy live video. Since we are all iffy on whether CCA will get to be a single, this was the ONE song that we knew would probably be released that NEEDED a killer video. This should have been our mini-movie this era. This should get a BA/TBC level video. Is my life going to be over because it doesn't get one? No. Will I stop being a Carrie fan because of it? No. Am I going to refuse to buy the video? Yes. As a die-hard Carrie fan, I want to own ALL of her videos, but I will refuse to buy this if it is strictly a concert video. If they somehow, miraculously, weave the live concert parts with some actual acting/story scenes, I might reconsider, but I still think it's going to look lame. I actually like the live video for UI. It works for that song and the video that is interspersed with the concert scenes work well in that context, since it is still just Carrie being sexy and fierce and they didn't try to tell a story with it. If they really didn't have the time/budget for a video for the third single, why oh why didn't they go with DL instead? They could have just used the scenes from the tour video and mixed in the live performance parts. It is very much like UI in that it doesn't tell a full story. Anyway, I don't get it. I think it is lazy. This tour is doing amazing and doesn't need to use the CB video for promo. I hope to goodness they use this for a lyric video for when the song is released and find the time and money to make a proper video when it's in the top ten and pushing for #1.

With all of that said, I think I am still less disappointed about this than not getting to hear Chaser on the tour. I think.
    maddkat, ethelu, Suellen and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Reid View Post
    Unfortunately a live concert video is not going to help CB at all and it is not enough for Eoty. Her live performance of Choctaw with harmonica would have been a better way to go. CB needs a real video to go with the live footage for it to work.

But as you said- doesn't matter anyway as she won't win anyway. Lol
    Last edited by teesharky; 03-28-2016 at 11:43 AM.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanVaCarrieFan View Post
    Is it possible for us to work together and create a hashtag we can all use as fans to express our unhappiness with a concert video? I think Carrie needs to hear our opinions.
    With respect, I disagree with that. Carrie needs and deserves support. I can't claim to see into her mind or feelings, and I'm not arguing that any artist should be immune from criticism - but I believe there's been prior evidence that she can be upset by a widespread public reaction which can be interpreted as picky or overly critical, on social media. A belief that large numbers of her fans are using a hashtag that appears critical of an aspect of her next single's promotion could be quite unsettling.

And to what end? The decision to make the video in this way may not have been hers alone, or hers to change, and, in any case preparations appear to have been made already, and a major change in tack at this stage seems unlikely. Also, if she's justifiably proud of her tour and live performance, the implication that fans think that's not really worthy as a representation of the song could create unease and doubt - unnecessarily.

I do appreciate that many are disappointed. (I was - actually, very much so - with the SITW video - but I wouldn't have told her so.) I don't think for a moment that she comes anywhere near reading this board (the statement that "she's been known to" almost certainly applies to the time when she was an American Idol contestant, when she's said "we all looked up what people were saying about us". But she does read some of Twitter nowadays - obviously, not all the individual comments - and she probably would see a mass fan campaign. I'm not prepared to take the risk that that might give her the feeling that she's somehow letting people down.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ but she is letting us down in our eyes.A live concert performance is not really worthy as a representation of Church Bells.Not even close.CCA would be but not CB.She mostly just stands there and sings it....beautifully but not really in a special video worthy performance kind of way.

although I do definitely agree about the hashtag.That is uncalled for.
    DazzledByCarrie likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    With respect, I disagree with that. Carrie needs and deserves support. I can't claim to see into her mind or feelings, and I'm not arguing that any artist should be immune from criticism - but I believe there's been prior evidence that she can be upset by a widespread public reaction which can be interpreted as picky or overly critical, on social media. A belief that large numbers of her fans are using a hashtag that appears critical of an aspect of her next single's promotion could be quite unsettling.

And to what end? The decision to make the video in this way may not have been hers alone, or hers to change, and, in any case preparations appear to have been made already, and a major change in tack at this stage seems unlikely. Also, if she's justifiably proud of her tour and live performance, the implication that fans think that's not really worthy as a representation of the song could create unease and doubt - unnecessarily.

I do appreciate that many are disappointed. (I was - actually, very much so - with the SITW video - but I wouldn't have told her so.) I don't think for a moment that she comes anywhere near reading this board (the statement that "she's been known to" almost certainly applies to the time when she was an American Idol contestant, when she's said "we all looked up what people were saying about us". But she does read some of Twitter nowadays - obviously, not all the individual comments - and she probably would see a mass fan campaign. I'm not prepared to take the risk that that might give her the feeling that she's somehow letting people down.

As much as I agree with you about backlash on social media, I still think Twitter and every other social network are there for artists and fans to connect and talk. Fans can now express, directly with the artists, how they feel about their music and decisions. And many artists have been using Twitter not only to promote theirselves but also to ask fans what they think.

That said, I do think the ones who don't agree about the CB video should tell Carrie how they feel.
    I'm not saying it's her fault, but it's her music, her song etc. And after all, we are her fans. She needs to know.

I'm not saying we should start a hashtag either, but just send tweets to Carrie. Of course, we must be polite when posting.
    Simply something like "hey, @carrieunderwood, why make a live video of CB? We don't like the idea" etc etc etc
    maddkat likes this.

Concert Stars

Thank you!! I felt physically ill reading the negative tweets Saturday night/Sunday (each retweeted dozens of times), not to mention this site. So sad. Carrie works hard and she was having great fun making the video. I look forward to watching it over and over -- it is Carrie, after all!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAddicted View Post
    As much as I agree with you about backlash on social media, I still think Twitter and every other social network are there for artists and fans to connect and talk. Fans can now express, directly with the artists, how they feel about their music and decisions. And many artists have been using Twitter not only to promote theirselves but also to ask fans what they think.

That said, I do think the ones who don't agree about the CB video should tell Carrie how they feel.
    I'm not saying it's her fault, but it's her music, her song etc. And after all, we are her fans. She needs to know.

I'm not saying we should start a hashtag either, but just send tweets to Carrie. Of course, we must be polite when posting.
    Simply something like "hey, @carrieunderwood, why make a live video of CB? We don't like the idea" etc etc etc
    The video is already made. Rude and uncalled for. Nothing like making others feel really bad about something after they have given so much. I'm amazed that people can be so judgmental about a product they haven't even seen.

Concert Stars
    I am still holding out hope that the video will just use Carrie's live concert feed as the Narrator part since she is supposed to be the Storyteller if the album. Makes sense for her to be the Storyteller from
    the concert stage but use actors for the main video.

Concert Stars

Agree. I feel bad as I hate the idea of a live video for CB if not accompanied by a story video. But- I don't want to hurt Carrie's feelings if this was beyond her control. Maybe she fought for a real video and got shot down? We just don't know.
    rainbow1, Hil and tigercae like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    Thank you!! I felt physically ill reading the negative tweets Saturday night/Sunday (each retweeted dozens of times), not to mention this site. So sad. Carrie works hard and she was having great fun making the video. I look forward to watching it over and over -- it is Carrie, after all!!
    ...and not only that but, the Nebraska fans came out strong about it being filmed there and were SO excited!! Then came the Carriefans to shoot them down!! Big time!! I felt sorry for them...and of course, Carrie. I'm sure she's already seen the negative posts...do we have to say more?!!!! We sound like a bunch of spoiled brats, when she's broken her back for us for 10 years!

Hil, tigercae, countrygram and 3 others like this.

Hil

Couldn't agree more. It would be utterly RUDE to hashtag something when it's already said & done, and given the video where she called it Fancy's little sister, it's highly likely this wasn't her decision. Chew on that, maybe she wanted a big video as well. Maybe she could have 4 singles and 4 killer videos or 5 or six singles and lesser production. We'll never know the answer unless she tells us. There are a million reasons this could have happened, let's not try to make Carrie feel bad in the process, especially of something that is probably totally out of her control.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Chill out. It wouldn't be rude. Some of you people (not directly attacking anyone) need to understand that an artist needs to have communication with their fans. We are the reason Carrie has a career. A great voice can only get you but so far, an artist becomes successful when they connect with their audience. It would not be rude to let Carrie know that the majority aren't happy with a concert video. Like I've said on Twitter, complaining about something just shows that you care enough to know that Carrie and the fans deserve better.
    CarrieAddicted and Smokyiiis like this.

•