Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 1110 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 22191
Like Tree65776Likes

Thread: Storyteller Album and Tracks

  1. #41
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,517
    Concert Stars
    I don't actually see her "trying" to do anything either. I do think it is more about "listening to her inner musician and allowing it to lead her". We must remember she grew up listening to heavy metal and Hard Rock. And she has adimited she loved that music and it very much influenced the way she sang and heard music.
    So I don't really see her doing anything with an intent to move in a specific direction career wise. I just think she is listening internally and she is being led by it. That is what an artist does. I just hope while it leads her to her hearts desires, it also leads to success, ha ha ha...... cause honestly, I will listen to her sing anything she wants.....

  • #42
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,948
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    Most of Jason Aldean's songs are not what I would call country either.
    Country music has got to the point that 95% of what passes for country wouldn't have been consider country 20 years ago, today's country is more of a blended version of all kinds of other genres with a pinch here and there of traditional country.

  • #43
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,043
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I don't actually see her "trying" to do anything either. I do think it is more about "listening to her inner musician and allowing it to lead her". We must remember she grew up listening to heavy metal and Hard Rock. And she has adimited she loved that music and it very much influenced the way she sang and heard music.
    So I don't really see her doing anything with an intent to move in a specific direction career wise. I just think she is listening internally and she is being led by it. That is what an artist does. I just hope while it leads her to her hearts desires, it also leads to success, ha ha ha...... cause honestly, I will listen to her sing anything she wants.....
    Ideally, yes - but I get the impression that Carrie is a quite meticulous planner, and does put a lot of thought and consideration into the direction of her albums. Initially, she may follow a muse in writing, and may cast her net quite widely in finding other songs. But, after that, I think there's a lengthy process of sifting and selection. I also think that her record of high sales and top two placings is rather more important to her and her team (probably to both) than it might be in the case of some other artists. And I do think that a mixture of themes and styles on her albums comes about more by planning than by accident - she referred in a very recent interview to the importance she attaches to this being a prevailing feature of all her work. Her albums strike me as carefully thought out collections, designed for a mixed audience, and often containing a balance of story-line personas.

  • #44
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,487
    Concert Stars
    I tend to think you're both right. I do see her planning and trying to balance her albums...but, I tend to believe it is not to stray outside of Country, but more as an artist finding herself. She has grown up before our eyes; her storytelling is a reflection of that and I believe her sound is too.

  • #45
    Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,006
    So considering Carrie has said she plans on writing during the last 2 months of her pregnancy, which is late December/January/most of February, I think the album will be out in November 2015.

    Wasn't All-American Girl/So Small written in February? And Mama's Song?

  • #46
    sco
    sco is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    2,659
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Country music has got to the point that 95% of what passes for country wouldn't have been consider country 20 years ago, today's country is more of a blended version of all kinds of other genres with a pinch here and there of traditional country.
    I think that is undoubtedly correct. I also think however that what was considered country 20 years ago wouldn't really have been considered country 40 years ago. As for Carrie's stylistic choices, she is in the enviable position of having earned a standing in the industry that allows her to do pretty much whatever she wants. I greatly admire the fact that in her two new songs she has thematically taken on subjects well outside the typical subject matter in country, pop, or rock. That is what I hope for with the new album, that she continue to tell stories with some meat and continues to strive for variety. I love her softer more heart felt songs so I'd love to see more of that as well. I sincerely hope she never feels compelled to try to fit into anybody's definition of what country music should be. She'll never win that battle.

  • #47
    Insane Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    4,325
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    I think that is undoubtedly correct. I also think however that what was considered country 20 years ago wouldn't really have been considered country 40 years ago. As for Carrie's stylistic choices, she is in the enviable position of having earned a standing in the industry that allows her to do pretty much whatever she wants. I greatly admire the fact that in her two new songs she has thematically taken on subjects well outside the typical subject matter in country, pop, or rock. That is what I hope for with the new album, that she continue to tell stories with some meat and continues to strive for variety. I love her softer more heart felt songs so I'd love to see more of that as well. I sincerely hope she never feels compelled to try to fit into anybody's definition of what country music should be. She'll never win that battle.
    I honestly don't think that Carrie will ever feel compelled to try to fit into anybody's definition of what country music should be. Carrie really tends to forge her own path and break free from the restrictions that many other country artists place on themselves. That's what I fell in love with you. You never feel like you are listening to the same song over and over.....

  • #48
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,948
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    I think that is undoubtedly correct. I also think however that what was considered country 20 years ago wouldn't really have been considered country 40 years ago. As for Carrie's stylistic choices, she is in the enviable position of having earned a standing in the industry that allows her to do pretty much whatever she wants. I greatly admire the fact that in her two new songs she has thematically taken on subjects well outside the typical subject matter in country, pop, or rock. That is what I hope for with the new album, that she continue to tell stories with some meat and continues to strive for variety. I love her softer more heart felt songs so I'd love to see more of that as well. I sincerely hope she never feels compelled to try to fit into anybody's definition of what country music should be. She'll never win that battle.
    I love the vibe the two new songs on the greatest hits album has and I am with you I hope the new album has that vibe to it.
    txacar likes this.

  • #49
    Huge Carrie Follower carriethequeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    884
    Jason Scott @JasontheScott · 28m 28 minutes ago
    Two new Carrie Underwood co-writes have been registered: 'Get Even' & 'Is It Just Me?' (h/t Typo on @pulsemusicboard)

    OMG! Album #5 tracks??

    Can someone add the picture showing the co-writers?

  • #50
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrie_Hannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    VR georgia
    Posts
    6,611
    Anyone know when we expect a release of the 5th album?

  • #51
    Ultimate Carrie Fan

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,841
    Quote Originally Posted by carriethequeen View Post
    Jason Scott @JasontheScott · 28m 28 minutes ago
    Two new Carrie Underwood co-writes have been registered: 'Get Even' & 'Is It Just Me?' (h/t Typo on @pulsemusicboard)

    OMG! Album #5 tracks??

    Can someone add the picture showing the co-writers?
    Typo on Pulse Music Board found more co-writes:

    "Hallelujah Hometown" - (Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
    "Million Dollar Bonfire" - (Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)

    "We've All Got One" - (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
    "The Song Plays On" - (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
    "Tomorrow" - (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)

  • #52
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    19,223
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    Typo on Pulse Music Board found more co-writes:

    "Hallelujah Hometown" - (Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
    "Million Dollar Bonfire" - (Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)

    "We've All Got One" - (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
    "The Song Plays On" - (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
    "Tomorrow" - (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
    I'm liking the titles The Song Plays on and Tomorrow
    can't get excited about the title Hallelujah Hometown at all

    and We've All Got One...lol,that sounds like the old saying opinions and a****** we've all got one


    love that new cowrites are appearing already!!
    Just think we could have a new cd of all new songs in 11 months or less : )

  • #53
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    Typo on Pulse Music Board found more co-writes:

    "Hallelujah Hometown" - (Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
    "Million Dollar Bonfire" - (Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)

    "We've All Got One" - (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
    "The Song Plays On" - (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
    "Tomorrow" - (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
    Really excited with all the Shane co-writes and I'm especially excited that Carrie is working with Brandy Clark too. Hopefully one of these songs make the album.

  • #54
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,769
    [QUOTE=maddkat;4571939I Just think we could have a new cd of all new songs in 11 months or less : )[/QUOTE]

    That thought makes me very happy. It doesn't seem that far away thanks to the GH CD holding us over.
    maddkat and Gator like this.

  • #55
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Wildflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,678
    I especially like the sound of Hallelujah Hometown. Hopefully it will be a better version of Thank God For Hometowns. Very excited for album 5!

  • #56
    Carrie Guru Claire2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    the library. lol
    Posts
    10,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    Typo on Pulse Music Board found more co-writes:

    "Hallelujah Hometown" - (Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
    "Million Dollar Bonfire" - (Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)

    "We've All Got One" - (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
    "The Song Plays On" - (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
    "Tomorrow" - (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)

    Oh dear heaven, a Brandy Clark co-write, I'm about to pass out from sheer happiness. Yes!!!! One wish I had was for Carrie to get to co write with Brandy. Wish fulfilled! :-)

  • #57
    Obsessed Carrie Fan jaks_weyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Posts
    2,553
    YAY! The co-writes with Brandy Clark have out-of-this-world titles.. very very interesting!<br><br>I want to hear Is It Just Me? and We've All Got One... : D<br>Is It Just Me? sounds like a rocking song with fast-paced lyrics... While We've All Got One sounds like a goofy fun song like One Way Ticket... : D For some reason it feels like a beer song or something, but that won't probably it knowing Carrie's tastes in music : D<br><br>Very unexpected news during the holidays! Imagine we'll get the tracklisting around 8-10 months from now! : D

  • #58
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    75,062
    Concert Stars
    Very happy that carrie wrote with Brandy and Shane! This is exciting! Million dollar bonfire sounds cool- like someone just torched their exes beautiful things. Lol reminds me of that movie Waiting to Exhale with Whitney Houston.
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

  • #59
    Obsessed Carrie Fan tgbrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,344
    I need Million Dollar Bonfire now.

    I get excited when co-writes with 'critical darlings' appear. I'm not exactly sure why, but I do. To me, I think it shows (in some way) the Academy and Association voters that Carrie is good company to keep and they should think twice about not nominating/voting for her.

  • #60
    Obsessed Carrie Fan tgbrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,344
    New master list of co-writes. Took from a few places. Correct me or add more if I missed any.

    From Windmills
    "Chaser" (Mike Elizondo / Hillary Lindsey / Carrie Underwood)
    "Clock Don't Stop" (Chris DeStefano / Blair Daly / Hillary Lindsey) (likely cut)
    "Future Daughter" (Ashley Gorley / Claude Kelly / Carrie Underwood)
    "Microphone" (Mike Elizondo / Hillary Lindsey / Carrie Underwood)
    "Pawn Shop Diamond" (Steve McEwan / Maren Morris / Carrie Underwood)
    "Renegade Runaway" (Chris DeStefano / Hillary Lindsey / Carrie Underwood)
    "Something In The Water" (Chris DeStefano / Brett James / Carrie Underwood) (likely cut)
    "The Girl You Think I Am" (David Hodges / Hillary Lindsey / Carrie Underwood) (likely cut)

    Songs on hold (NOT confirmed as cuts):
    "Fighter" (Johan Fransson / Audra Mae / Tim Larsson / Tobias Lundgren)
    "Lighthouse" (Felicia Barton / Meghan Kabir)

    Holds, courtesy @Frntporchjunki
    "Black Gold" (Chris DeStefano / Josh Kear)
    "Red Roses Black" (Chris DeStefano / Josh Kear)
    "Junk Yard" (Chris DeStefano / Josh Kear)

    Mairy at Pulse Music Board:
    "WISHING WELL" (ROSS COPPERMAN,CARRIE UNDERWOOD,WILL HOGE)
    "THUNDER" (ROSS COPPERMAN,CAITLYN SMITH,CARRIE UNDERWOOD)
    "BLACK AND WHITE" (ROSS COPPERMAN,CAITLYN SMITH,CARRIE UNDERWOOD)
    "RHYTHM OF A BROKEN HEART" (ROSS COPPERMAN,CARRIE UNDERWOOD,JACK ANTANOFF)

    "Homewrecker Red" (Josh Kear, Hillary Lindsey, Shane McAnally)
    "House without any Doors" (Ashely Gorley, Josh Kear, Hillary Lindsey)
    "Poison Apple" (Josh Kear, Hillary Lindsey, Shane McAnally)

    Typo on Pulse Music Board:
    'Get Even'
    'Is It Just Me?'

    "Hallelujah Hometown" (Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
    "Million Dollar Bonfire" (Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)

    "We've All Got One" (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
    "The Song Plays On" (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
    "Tomorrow" (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)


  •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 2
      Last Post: 08-28-2015, 08:20 PM
    2. Weekly Album/Tracks Sales, Week 79, Blown Away Era
      By Eder Rodrigues in forum Carrie Underwood Chart Talk
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 11-12-2013, 05:20 PM
    3. Weekly Album/Tracks Sales, Week 78, Blown Away Era
      By Eder Rodrigues in forum Carrie Underwood Chart Talk
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 11-03-2013, 02:43 PM
    4. Weekly Album/Tracks Sales, Week 77, Blown Away Era
      By Eder Rodrigues in forum Carrie Underwood Chart Talk
      Replies: 33
      Last Post: 10-25-2013, 02:03 AM
    5. Weekly Album/Tracks Sales, Week 76, Blown Away Era
      By Eder Rodrigues in forum Carrie Underwood Chart Talk
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 10-20-2013, 09:47 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •