Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1106 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 10660610061056109611041105110611071108 ... LastLast
Results 22,101 to 22,120 of 22191
Like Tree65776Likes

Thread: Storyteller Album and Tracks

Junior Carrie Follower DazzledByCarrie's Avatar
    80's Mercedes is my kinda-guilty-pleasure jam right now. I'd love to hear a Carrie version.

Concert Stars
    I love "80s Mercedes". Carrie could've rocked it but Maren does a great job.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by twaintrain View Post
    I love "80s Mercedes". Carrie could've rocked it but Maren does a great job.
    I love that song too. Of course, the lyrics make more sense for Maren - Carrie would have to change it to 80s baby!
    DazzledByCarrie likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    next album I want some fun songs. Carrie never really has fun songs.Some light hearted songs on occasion but never really fun songs.OWT tried to be but it never really got there.
    opry051008 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I heard Like I'll Never Love You Again on the radio at the dentist office today. It was a very nice surprise
    txacar, Suellen, lolita55 and 5 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I think Carrie would sound great on 80's Mercedes. I hope she and Maren get together again for CU6.
    ethelu likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    next album I want some fun songs. Carrie never really has fun songs.Some light hearted songs on occasion but never really fun songs.OWT tried to be but it never really got there.

.... and some songs that we can actually sing-a-long too. She always says she loves to hear people sing with her but because she always likes to challenge herself vocally she makes it so difficult for us to sing-a-long. lol.
    txacar and liz278 like this.

Concert Stars
    I really like Little Big Town's sound as of their last few albums and personally wish that was more of the type of music Carrie made. Rolling Stones described one of their new songs, "Happy People," as having a "laidback, folk-tinged musical accompaniment" which is the type of sound I've been wanting from Carrie for a quite while now even if for just one album track. We were teased with Distant Lullaby as being folksy, but I don't really hear it in David Hodge's version. Carrie's made magic with Mark Bright in the past, but I hope Carrie works with Jay Joyce (Eric Church) and busbee (Maren Morris) almost exclusively on the next album (I'd be fine if she dropped Zac Crowell; I think the R&B-country phase has somewhat passed.)—producers who can get Carrie to try out new sounds and arrangements. I appreciate that the first half of Storyteller experimented with different themes (RR is western; Smoke Break is, well, "Miranda"; Heartbeat is R&B, Choctaw is southern/bluesy/swampy; Dirty Laundry is cool and slick), but I think the songs themselves could have been stronger: RR doesn't really have a hook; SB was a weak lead single; HB and DL weren't as impactful as they could have been; and CCA isn't radio friendly.

Junior Carrie Follower brenda218's Avatar
    Why does Carrie only ever release 4 songs on her albums, other artist release 5-6, or more????
    Suellen likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by brenda218 View Post
    Why does Carrie only ever release 4 songs on her albums, other artist release 5-6, or more????
    I always wonder if it's Carry or Sony.
    CrazyAboutCarrie likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by brenda218 View Post
    Some Hearts had 6 singles. Carnival Ride had 5.

It all started with Overton at the beginning of 2009. And ever since Play On, she's only gotten 4 singles.
    txacar, Suellen, teesharky and 1 others like this.

Huge Carrie Follower carriefan14's Avatar
    I was thinking about Church Bells today, and how Jenny could have killed off her man. The first line is "Jenny grew up wild like a Blackfoot daisy, out in a shack with a blue tick hound."

What if she was like an expert in herbal remedies and knew a plant that was poisonous, so she slipped it into his drink? Just a thought, and it makes Jenny sound cooler.

Edit: We also get a mention of "roses" in the lyrics - another flower.
    ethelu likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAddicted View Post

It all started with Overton at the beginning of 2009. And ever since Play On, she's only gotten 4 singles.
    What are the other two singles? Some Hearts and Inside Your Heaven??

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieAddicted's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by countrymusicfan15 View Post
    Exactly.
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAddicted View Post

But with the new guy, looks like we're only getting 4 singles again. Anyone thought it could be Carrie's decision?

Quote Originally Posted by countrymusicfan15 View Post
    Yeah, those were singles but I don't think it should be counted the same way as other "official" normal singles. Inside Your Heaven was the winner's single that would have been released regardless of whether an album was coming or not. Some Hearts single was more like just a "test single" for pop stations.

To the public, SH album had four official country singles.

Carnival Ride album is the only exception, really. And I think it was probably a special case because of the ITYS duet with Randy.

Quote Originally Posted by prettylittlemustang View Post
    But with the new guy, looks like we're only getting 4 singles again. Anyone thought it could be Carrie's decision?
    At this stage in her extremely successful career, I think most decisions are, essentially, Carrie's. Label said they could get five, and perhaps six, singles from ST. I don't think it would bother them if a release didn't get to #1. It would be nice if Carrie would say something to the fans who have worked so hard to get CCC released, an effort that drew the attention of radio stations and some music papers. I'm hoping the lack of a response to such a large portion of her fan base means there is still a chance we might get one more. Not holding my breath.
    Last edited by txacar; 02-20-2017 at 03:27 PM.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    Yeah, those were singles but I don't think it should be counted the same way as other "official" normal singles. Inside Your Heaven was the winner's single that would have been released regardless of whether an album was coming or not. Some Hearts single was more like just a "test single" for pop stations.

To the public, SH album had four official country singles.

Carnival Ride album is the only exception, really. And I think it was probably a special case because of the ITYS duet with Randy.
    agree with all of this.

neither IHY nor SH was released to country radio, so the only cd with 5 releases to Carrie's genre remains CR. And as Huiz said that was a special case as Carrie got to re record with Randy and they had her Opry invite to use as a video.

Still not sure how much influence Carrie has on the final say for singles.This new guy just seems to have turned all his attention to MM right after ST was released.Something we've seen before.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    At this stage in her extremely successful career, I think most decisions are, essentially, Carrie's. Label said they would get five, and perhaps six, singles from ST. I don't think it would bother them if a release didn't get to #1. It would be nice if Carrie would say something to the fans who have worked so hard to get CCC released, an effort that drew the attention of radio stations and some music papers. I'm hoping the lack of a response to such a large portion of her fan base means there is still a chance we might get one more. Not holding my breath.
    I don't think we should put too much stock into the number of potential singles mentioned at the start of an album era. Gotta remember, it's not a promise by the label. Just a way to promote the album, or at best, just someone's opinion.

Plus, lots of things happen/change over the course of the album era.
    CrazyAboutCarrie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    I don't think we should put too much stock into the number of potential singles mentioned at the start of an album era. Gotta remember, it's not a promise by the label. Just a way to promote the album, or at best, just someone's opinion.

Plus, lots of things happen/change over the course of the album era.
    Lol, I had to read my post again. I corrected to say "could" instead of would, which is what they said. It was never a promise, just something the CEO said that gave us all hope there would be more than 4. My main point is, if the matter is no longer up for debate, Carrie (or the label) should answer at least one of the millions of tweets they have received asking for CCA and let those fans know DL is the last single from ST. Or, as I said before, perhaps they are keeping that option open, but I won't hold my breath for an answer.
    CrazyAboutCarrie and rainbow1 like this.

•