Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree391Likes

Thread: Superbowl Half Time Show

Concert Stars

Superbowl Half Time Show

I see where Adele turned down the offer to do 2017 Superbowl halftime show because she doesn't "dance." Do you think they will EVER ask Carrie to do the show?

LOS ANGELE – Multiple Grammy Award-winning singer Adele says she turned down an offer to perform at the 2017 Super Bowl halftime show.
    The British singer told an audience Saturday at her Los Angeles concert that she was asked to perform at the event.
    "First of all, I'm not doing the Super Bowl," Adele says from the stage in a video posted on Twitter. "I mean, come on, that show is not about music. And I don't really — I can't dance or anything like that. They were very kind, they did ask me, but I did say no."
    She adds: "I'm sorry, but maybe next time."
    rainbow1, teesharky and ethelu like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Love it. Only Adele would turn down the SB, lol. She doesn't need it and she is right - it isn't really the type of stage for her music and performance style. Plus, she's British and could probably care less about the NFL. That isn't real "football" to her anyway, soccer is, lol.

I really really would love to see Carrie do it. I still can help but think her chances would be best in 2018 when NBC has it, but I do worry about the timing of Baby Fisher #2.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I just heard a report where the 'source' said she wasn't asked so who knows the whole story.

But to answer your question -- I ABSOLUTELY think she'll be asked and I think its going to be sooner rather than later. They'd be nuts not to ask her. Her Storyteller tour is proving and showing night after night after night that Carrie can and does command that large stage and attention. I just feel it in my bones that in the not to distant future we're going to be seeing her strut her stuff during that game. I mean come on, she's the voice and kick off to Sunday night football -- the most watched show on tv.
    rainbow1 and mooret like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^I can't imagine Adele doing the super bowl.She's not the most dynamic performer inthe way the SB needs.So I tend to believe this is all some pr.

Concert Stars
    So much for the NFL using a country act for Houston. Crazy they never include country stars.
    Smokyiiis and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^I can't imagine Adele doing the super bowl.She's not the most dynamic performer inthe way the SB needs.So I tend to believe this is all some pr.
    To me, ADALE is NOT that Great !

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    That's why I tend to believe the 'source' that she was never asked. She doesn't fit that game/show AT ALL!!!! But like you say it was more of a PR stunt. Although not sure why she'd need Pr since she's basically sold out her tour. Oh well, like I say I tend to believe the 'source'!!!

Concert Stars
    Every year the superbowl rumors get out of have and most are wrong. Lol I just hope that the NFL realizes Houston Texas should include at least one country act.
    rainbow1, Smokyiiis and txacar like this.

I TOTALLY understand if there is hesitation to have Carrie do the SuperBowl alone.

While country may seem like a major deal to us or to country fans, in the grand scheme of things, country is silly to Pop/Hip Hop/etc-only listeners. While country fans may also listen to Pop or Rap, it's less likely to be the same the other way around. It's very often I hear 'I can't stand country music'.

I think a multi-genre Half-Time show would be awesome or at least a Country mega-half-time show.

A Multi Genre half-time could have:
    -Carrie
    -Pink
    -Drake
    -JT
    -Aka someone big, but not entire half-time show caliber, from multiple genres. Each person could get 1-2 songs in and then all come together for a classic

A Country Mega Show could have:
    -Reba
    -Garth
    -Luke
    -Carrie

Get the biggest male and female act from the past few decades along with the top acts today
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by tgbrinker View Post
    I TOTALLY understand if there is hesitation to have Carrie do the SuperBowl alone.

While country may seem like a major deal to us or to country fans, in the grand scheme of things, country is silly to Pop/Hip Hop/etc-only listeners. While country fans may also listen to Pop or Rap, it's less likely to be the same the other way around. It's very often I hear 'I can't stand country music'.

I think a multi-genre Half-Time show would be awesome or at least a Country mega-half-time show.

A Multi Genre half-time could have:
    -Carrie
    -Pink
    -Drake
    -JT
    -Aka someone big, but not entire half-time show caliber, from multiple genres. Each person could get 1-2 songs in and then all come together for a classic

A Country Mega Show could have:
    -Reba
    -Garth
    -Luke
    -Carrie

Get the biggest male and female act from the past few decades along with the top acts today
    I wouldn't want Carrie to share the stage with Garth and Reba. They are such legends that their egos probably would relegate Luke and Carrie to mere supporting acts. Now, Luke and Carrie together - I could handle that, lol. Maybe even throw in a little Keith Urban. Or Keith & Carrie, after their Aussie tour, would work. I would just want Carrie to be one of the main draws, even if she has to share the stage with a guy.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Adele?? Lmaoooo ... watch them ask Josh Groban next. Or maybe Susan Boyle. Or maybe even just a mic stand.
    maddkat, amiroamor, txacar and 1 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ George Strait qualifies

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ George Strait qualifies
    No, no, no. I am glad that I've seen the King of Country in concert, but he is not exactly a dymanic live performer, lol.
    rainbow1 and txacar like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ well that was my point.He fit perfectly in with the ones Melissa listed.

So watch them ask him
    rainbow1, txacar and Kizmet311 like this.

Concert Stars
    Saw this on Twitter. Sorry if it's already been posted.

EntertainmentTonight@etnow 59m59 minutes ago
    Adele wasn't given a "formal offer" to perform at #SB51, according to the NFL and Pepsi. http://et.tv/2bkruex
    txacar likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I wouldn't want Carrie to share the stage with Garth and Reba. They are such legends that their egos probably would relegate Luke and Carrie to mere supporting acts. Now, Luke and Carrie together - I could handle that, lol. Maybe even throw in a little Keith Urban. Or Keith & Carrie, after their Aussie tour, would work. I would just want Carrie to be one of the main draws, even if she has to share the stage with a guy.
    Those 4 would be amazing. And honestly, Garth and Reba, wouldn't steal any spotlight, they seem like they would share well enough.

But really, I don't think Carrie will be getting it. I don't know who, but I just don't think it's Carrie.
    txacar likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Saw this on Twitter. Sorry if it's already been posted.

EntertainmentTonight@etnow 59m59 minutes ago
    Adele wasn't given a "formal offer" to perform at #SB51, according to the NFL and Pepsi. http://et.tv/2bkruex
    as we suspected, it was all a pr move.But why?I thought her tour was selling well.
    txacar, rainbow1 and bluetb4 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Carrie has shown time and time and time again that while her 'home base' may be the country music genre that she can sing and appeal to many different genres. And I'd just like to point everyone to Carrie's 3 most recent big stage performances of Church Bells -- each one performed for an awards show and each one different, unique and dynamic. With each performance she was one of the most (if not the most) talked about performance. With each performance we saw a true entertainer creatively changing things up and making each performance an event. Now her male counterparts mentioned above and specifically Luke Bryan also performed the same song at the same award shows and he gave the same performance (boring).

I believe with my whole heart that Carrie is going to get the headlining gig for the Superbowl and its going to be sooner rather than later. She's a better entertainer and a bigger star and celebrity than say LB. Mark my words, she'll get the headlining gig for the Superbowl. Its just a matter of when -- I'd say within the next 2 years!!!!!

Concert Stars
    Carrie and Justin Timberlake together would be awesome.

Concert Stars
    ^^^ Carrie and JT would be awesome, but I could go with Carrie and Keith.
    rainbow1 likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast