Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 161 of 163 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163 LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 3248
Like Tree5591Likes

Thread: Mike Fisher

Concert Stars
    I only started following Mike because of Carrie and had never watched hockey before in my life until Mike. Following him I learned some much about hockey and enjoyed watching it so much and now it's like my favorite sport to watch. I will miss seeing Mike playing hockey; he was so much fun to watch. Also thanks for leading this team out of the second round in the playoffs Mike. I thought we would never get pass the second round hump. Not only did we get pass the second round but we made it all the way to the Stanley cup finals, something I totally wasn't expecting. And they had a chance to win it too if the referees didn't suck just my opinion. Anyways, I will always remember Mike as a great player and even better person. Best of luck to you on your new adventure Mike!!! Also thanks for reading my post and for getting rid of that stupid triangle scheme on the PP in the regular season; the PP was so much better after that!
    Last edited by Jade_kt; 09-07-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Concert Stars
    On twitter, there's a link to a podcast that Mike made (audio) with a Canadian station. It was called The Delve, I think. Not sure. I couldn't get it to play. Anyone hear that? It was his thoughts on his retirement.

Huge Carrie Follower MSCarriefan's Avatar
    Here is the podcast link. Fisher: Lots of memories - Sports News, Opinion, Scores, Schedules | TSN
    Mike basically thanked Ottawa and talked about whats next. He didn't give a direct answer about the Olympics but said he was contacted and would have to think about it although he is already out of shape. He also said it really wouldn't hit him he wouldn't be playing until October. He said stopping now just felt right. He said that he wanted to travel with Carrie a lot more, work on the house they are building, travel and work with some of his favorite organizations, hunt, and play a role in his church. He said first he wanted to be "daddy daycare" for Isaiah. He said they hope to have a few more kids in the next few years or in a little while Lord willing. He wants to have time with family basically. It was nice to hear his take not just read it. He wants to be able to support her more.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    @arashmadani Incredible story from @PxPOttawa about the impact Mike Fisher, who retired today, had on a young kid and a family: https://t.co/hETu6eUbYm
    Wow what an amazing memory. Made me tear up. Incredible man!

sco
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MSCarriefan View Post
    Here is the podcast link. Fisher: Lots of memories - Sports News, Opinion, Scores, Schedules | TSN
    Mike basically thanked Ottawa and talked about whats next. He didn't give a direct answer about the Olympics but said he was contacted and would have to think about it although he is already out of shape. He also said it really wouldn't hit him he wouldn't be playing until October. He said stopping now just felt right. He said that he wanted to travel with Carrie a lot more, work on the house they are building, travel and work with some of his favorite organizations, hunt, and play a role in his church. He said first he wanted to be "daddy daycare" for Isaiah. He said they hope to have a few more kids in the next few years or in a little while Lord willing. He wants to have time with family basically. It was nice to hear his take not just read it. He wants to be able to support her more.
    Thanks for sharing. It didn't sound like he was terribly interested in the Olympics but maybe they can convince him. I'll pray that God gives them another child soon.
    rainbow1, liz278 and oldyfan like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I was a little sad that he decided to retire because I figured that he would go another year and try to get the Stanley cup, but he needed to do what was best for him and his family.
    oldyfan and Carrieslegs84 like this.

sco
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    https://twitter.com/teresamwalker/st...57000934240257

The Nashville paper included matching thank you's from Mike and the team. ( Sorry I can't figure out how to past the text of the tweet rather than the link).
    liz278, rainbow1, maddkat and 1 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    https://twitter.com/teresamwalker/st...57000934240257

The Nashville paper included matching thank you's from Mike and the team. ( Sorry I can't figure out how to past the text of the tweet rather than the link).
    if using your phone/tablet it's a chore and a half! On pc just copy & past

here it is
    @TeresaMWalker
    17h
    Nice back-to-back thankbyous from @PredsNHL to @mikefisher1212 and from @mikefisher1212 to fans in @Tennessean today.

its amazing how much impact Mike made on Nashville in 7 short years
    sd20, glenn7, Claire2004 and 9 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by MSCarriefan View Post
    Thank you for summarizing. With Carrie signing a new deal and wanting to take her career to new heights, it sounds like he really did do what was best for the family so that they can spend as much time as possible while she is touring both in the US and internationally. They can have lots of adventures as a family! Of course, he will find ways to be involved in his community, whether that is all nonprofit work or whether he decides to find some other line of "work" that is much less demanding and allows him flexibility to do it when he wants.
    Carrieslegs84 and teesharky like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXayWU6F...ustincasselman

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXlDKGol...ustincasselman

• austincasselman6 acres. A school for 300+. 8 children homes. A church for 500+. Full cafeteria feeding program. 91 staff. Special needs home. The only pediatric children's hospital in the northeast region of Haiti. @danitaschildren is a very special place. In October you will have a chance for a very special night to learn more about this incredible ministry. Details coming soon!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• mfisher1212Amazing few days @danitaschildren hanging out some awesome kids! This place is a children's facility with housing, food program, school , church and a great hospital. If you're looking for a place to invest in kids and make a huge difference this is it!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXayWU6F...ustincasselman

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXlDKGol...ustincasselman

• austincasselman6 acres. A school for 300+. 8 children homes. A church for 500+. Full cafeteria feeding program. 91 staff. Special needs home. The only pediatric children's hospital in the northeast region of Haiti. @danitaschildren is a very special place. In October you will have a chance for a very special night to learn more about this incredible ministry. Details coming soon!
    I wonder what is happening in October.

sco
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    I wonder what is happening in October.
    I saw that mention. I'm assuming it's a fundraiser event, probably a dinner and maybe a silent auction.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

catchindeersAnd so it began...a brand that celebrates the lighter side of hunting, and stands up for hunters. For those that take their hunting seriously and themselves lightly. Check out how Catchin' Deers was started and visit our blog for the funniest hunting content.  Link bio. (Worth the read!)
    https://catchindeers.com/blogs/buds-blog/beginnings

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Poor Carrie must hate that. haha Poor deer. lol Have to take Carrie's side on this one. I hate when those beautiful sweet animals are killed. But, Mike looks so happy and good in that picture. So I am happy for him.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    @DanitasChildren 1h1 hour agoMore

It was a privilege to host our dear friends, @mikefisher1212 @austincasselman in Haiti! We are incredibly blessed by your suppport.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    liz278, DaisyTweets, Gator and 2 others like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    The Refuge Center for Counseling, which offers affordable counseling to those in need, will honor Fisher, whose wife is country-music superstar Carrie Underwood, at its Hope Grows fundraiser. Fisher will receive the organization’s Hope Award for his work in the community.
    “We are thrilled to present Mike Fisher with the Hope Award because of his commitment to the Middle Tennessee community and beyond,” said Amy Alexander, executive director and co-founder of The Refuge Center. “Like The Refuge Center, Mike Fisher has a heart for the underserved. He has offered hope to so many in our community and that is why we want to honor him with our Hope Award.”
    Mike Fisher to be honored at Franklin nonprofit Fundraiser

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    @mikefisher1212
    11h
    Man that was fun!! Thank you

@inhisgripgolf

Dream day with @mikefisher1212 and @austincasselman at the Orvis Shooting Grounds at @PursellFarms#inhisgrip#outdoors

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    ^ Awww Mike is such a good guy. Glad he is being honored. I am so curious as to what his future plans are. It is really kind of a downer to see the Preds season start without him. I am not as excited about it as I otherwise would be, to be honest. Oh well. I guess it would be cool if they gave Mike a job in the Front Office or as a sports journalist or something.
    rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

•