Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree301Likes

Thread: College football & hoops

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...13--ncaaf.html

This is one of the most bizarre stories that I have ever seen, he is either very, very naive or he is a douchebag for making the whole story up and ND is trying to cover his ass.
    Last edited by JB172; 01-16-2013 at 09:10 PM.

just another fan

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...-have-met-her/

this is just so bizarre. i dont even think i can follow this story anymore. just tell me when the truth comes out

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...-have-met-her/

this is just so bizarre. i dont even think i can follow this story anymore. just tell me when the truth comes out
    It is one of the most bizarre things that I have ever seen and I don't know what to think about it.

He does not come off as someone who would be a part of such a disgusting hoax but on the other hand I don't know how anyone could be that stupid and naive.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    The only thing that I can even remotely compare to this crazy Te'o story is the Nancy Kerrigan/Tonya Harding mess.

just another fan

kerrigan/harding is actually believable.

this one is just... MIND BLOWN.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    If I was ND there is no way in hell that I would have went all in the way that they have, IMO there are just way to many questions about Te'o's story.

I don't know what to believe.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Ok, here is my take on the whole Te'o hoax.

I think that he got duped found out about it WAY before he says he did which may or may not included him "killing her off", I just don't believe that he is that naive and whatever the circumatances are if I was a NFL team and after what I seen from him in the title game along with this mess I would take off my draft board.

Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Ok, here is my take on the whole Te'o hoax.

I think that he got duped found out about it WAY before he says he did which may or may not included him "killing her off", I just don't believe that he is that naive and whatever the circumatances are if I was a NFL team and after what I seen from him in the title game along with this mess I would take off my draft board.
    I'm thinking he was duped, and maybe even was led to believe she "died." But once he saw how much attention he was getting and that he was a Heisman contender in part because of it, he just played along for a while. Figured that no one would find out and it was no big deal.

I also saw people speculating that it could have been why he played so poorly in the title game. He knew Notre Dame knew and that there was a good chance everyone would.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyecarriefan View Post
    I'm thinking he was duped, and maybe even was led to believe she "died." But once he saw how much attention he was getting and that he was a Heisman contender in part because of it, he just played along for a while. Figured that no one would find out and it was no big deal.

I also saw people speculating that it could have been why he played so poorly in the title game. He knew Notre Dame knew and that there was a good chance everyone would.
    I don't believe a word of ND saying that Te'o was going to come clean on this story next week, if someone didn't tip off Deadspin and they didn't expose the story Te'o or ND never says a word about this.

I agree, he got in deep after he found out this was a hoax and I don't buy that he just found out about this in December, I think that he has known for awhile was hoping it would never get found about it and when Deadspin contacted ND about it I think that it was the first time that higerups at ND knew that the girl wasn't real.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...irlfriend-hoax

This story just keeps getting stranger and stranger, everything in the article might be 100% true but it still doesn't explain Te'o saying that he actually met the girl or his dad saying that the girl came to Hawaii to visit.

The longer he doesn't say anything the more Te'o looks like he is trying to cover something up.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...24--ncaaf.html

The only thing that would make this whole story even more crazy is that if Mark May was part of the hoax. lol

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Well Teo talked to Jeremy Schaap tonight.. He gave a plausible explanation but part of me still thinks there's more to this story.
    He says he lied to his father because he thought it would sound wierd to say he 'loved' a woman he never met.
    He also said that when he got the call from the woman on Dec 6th saying she was alive she gave an explanation about hiding from drug dealers and he didn't know for sure she wasn't real or dead until 2 days ago. This is the part of the story that has me suspicious because I would think he would have moved heaven and earth to find out if she was alive after Dec 6th.

Still too many questions and if nothing else at the combine he's going to have to answer them as teams will grill him.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jimshoe View Post
    Well Teo talked to Jeremy Schaap tonight.. He gave a plausible explanation but part of me still thinks there's more to this story.
    He says he lied to his father because he thought it would sound wierd to say he 'loved' a woman he never met.
    He also said that when he got the call from the woman on Dec 6th saying she was alive she gave an explanation about hiding from drug dealers and he didn't know for sure she wasn't real or dead until 2 days ago. This is the part of the story that has me suspicious because I would think he would have moved heaven and earth to find out if she was alive after Dec 6th.

Still too many questions and if nothing else at the combine he's going to have to answer them as teams will grill him.
    I have come to the conclusion that as you said there is still more to this story or Manti Te'o is very, very naive and I haven't the slightest idea which one it may be.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Hinkle Fieldhouse looks like it would be a great place to see a game.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    What a ending to the Gonzaga/Butler game, that had a March feel to that game.

just another fan

what a crazy end. with the turnovers and the floater at the end.

plus seeing more of Shannon doesn't hurt

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    what a crazy end. with the turnovers and the floater at the end.

plus seeing more of Shannon doesn't hurt
    That was a terrible inbound pass by Stockton.

just another fan

Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    That was a terrible inbound pass by Stockton.
    thats why you have such drama in college bball. mistakes lead to drama. such mistakes rarely happen in the pros.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    thats why you have such drama in college bball. mistakes lead to drama. such mistakes rarely happen in the pros.
    I was surprised that Few just didn't have Stockton just throw the ball towards the basket, even if the pass gets stolen there what are the chances of someone hitting a 60 footer at the buzzer.

Unless that was an opition and Stockton just made a bad decision.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Samantha Ponder + Shannon Spake = Super Tuesday for Jeff

•  
    Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast