Page 43 of 74 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 1461
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: MLB Thread

  1. #841
    Huge Carrie Follower imacubsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oceanic Flight 815...
    Posts
    634
    Concert Stars
    Update on Tanaka: Yankees had the lowest offer. Dodgers and D-backs offers are within $8M of each other. Yankees matched D-Backs offer and may have outbid them by $20-30M. Cubs have highest bid.

    This can all change quickly. Some say that Tanaka will be hesitant to come to the Cubs because they are a few years away from winning. Tanaka is expected to sign on either Tuesday or Wednesday so he can take his physical and sign by 5pm Friday, which is the deadline.

  • #842
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Once Tanaka signs then guys like Arroyo, Garza, Jimenez and Santana will start to sign.

  • #843
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Y! SPORTS

    He is done, nobody is ever going to want to play with this guy after he sued the union.

    There might not be a bigger narcissist in any for of the entertainment business than this guy is.

  • #844
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Ken Rosenthal@Ken_Rosenthal 7m BREAKING: Tanaka to #Yankees, seven years, $155M, opt-out after fourth year.

  • #845
    Huge Carrie Follower imacubsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oceanic Flight 815...
    Posts
    634
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Ken Rosenthal@Ken_Rosenthal 7m BREAKING: Tanaka to #Yankees, seven years, $155M, opt-out after fourth year.
    No surprise there. I still don't think they'll get remotely close to a playoff spot.

  • #846
    Huge Carrie Follower imacubsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oceanic Flight 815...
    Posts
    634
    Concert Stars
    The Yankees reportedly offer the most money. Ichiro probably sold New York to him is my guess.

  • #847
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by imacubsfan View Post
    The Yankees reportedly offer the most money. Ichiro probably sold New York to him is my guess.
    Kuroda likely helped too.

  • #848
    Huge Carrie Follower imacubsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oceanic Flight 815...
    Posts
    634
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Kuroda likely helped too.
    Whoops, I meant to say the Yankees DIDN'T offer the most money.

  • #849
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    The Brewers are close to having a entire new starting rotation, they got Garza for a good price.

  • #850
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Y! SPORTS

    Elliott, why in the world did the Cubs agree to let the people who own the rooftops have any say in what is built at the stadium?

  • #851
    Huge Carrie Follower imacubsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oceanic Flight 815...
    Posts
    634
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Y! SPORTS

    Elliott, why in the world did the Cubs agree to let the people who own the rooftops have any say in what is built at the stadium?

    It's the Tribune Company's fault. They were the owners at the time and they agreed to this crazy deal. The Ricketts got stuck with it when they bought the team. They were apparently close to a deal last weekend, but it fell apart.
    JB172 likes this.

  • #852
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by imacubsfan View Post
    It's the Tribune Company's fault. They were the owners at the time and they agreed to this crazy deal. The Ricketts got stuck with it when they bought the team. They were apparently close to a deal last weekend, but it fell apart.
    That would suck to have to be stuck with a deal that you didn't sign.

  • #853
    Huge Carrie Follower imacubsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oceanic Flight 815...
    Posts
    634
    Concert Stars
    First Projections for 2014 | claydavenport.com

    This guy predicts the standings based on math and stuff. I think he is severely conservative. That said, it is still interesting to look at.

    Personally, I think he is 10-12 games too generous with the Cubs.
    JB172 likes this.

  • #854
    Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    3,416
    Concert Stars
    Well well well. All offseason all we've heard from most Tiger fans was how much worse we are than last year and we need to sign Nelson Cruz to replace Fielder's power(LOL). And yet here's a computer projection that has us with the best record in the league.

    We'll see how things go on the field, but people are once again forgetting that Dave Dombrowski is a genius. We'll be fine.

  • #855
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by imacubsfan View Post
    First Projections for 2014 | claydavenport.com

    This guy predicts the standings based on math and stuff. I think he is severely conservative. That said, it is still interesting to look at.

    Personally, I think he is 10-12 games too generous with the Cubs.
    I think it was Buster Olney who tweeted the other day that he has the Padres making the playoffs.

  • #856
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Y! SPORTS

    Chipper with his first career save.

  • #857
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    My Reds have done nothing to make them any better, their big free agent signings are Roger Bernadina, Bryan Pena and Skip Schumaker, OH BOY!!!!

  • #858
    Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    3,416
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    My Reds have done nothing to make them any better, their big free agent signings are Roger Bernadina, Bryan Pena and Skip Schumaker, OH BOY!!!!
    You're forgetting Ramon Santiago. Don't sleep on the Bulldog. He's got sneaky power.


    Or in all actuality, he can't hit and his glove is quickly declining too.

  • #859
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyecarriefan View Post
    You're forgetting Ramon Santiago. Don't sleep on the Bulldog. He's got sneaky power.


    Or in all actuality, he can't hit and his glove is quickly declining too.
    Damn, forgot about him, I am sure that he will beat out Phillips to start at 2nd. lol

  • #860
    Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    3,416
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Damn, forgot about him, I am sure that he will beat out Phillips to start at 2nd. lol
    I think you'll enjoy Pena though. He's not the best player but as a backup catcher he's serviceable, and he's a hell of a teammate. One of the better twitter follows too lol. He's hilarious.


  •  
    Page 43 of 74 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. NFL Thread
      By JB172 in forum Sports
      Replies: 1684
      Last Post: 12-19-2017, 06:47 AM
    2. Pia Toscano Thread
      By gaycarebear in forum American Idol Chatter
      Replies: 93
      Last Post: 01-23-2013, 10:19 AM
    3. Male thread
      By carriehq in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: 08-05-2011, 09:56 AM
    4. Theme Thread
      By Naco1776 in forum American Idol Chatter
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: 05-20-2011, 01:18 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •