Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1461
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: MLB Thread

  1. #21
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,948
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by imacubsfan View Post
    Maddux and Glavine appear on the ballot for the first time next year. The question is, who will join those two in the Hall of Fame in 2014?
    I think that Thomas will get in too.

    I wasn't suprised that nobody got in but I was surprised that Biggio wasn't closer than what he was.

  • #22
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,948
    Concert Stars
    I thought that Bonds and Clemens numbers would be a little higher than what they were.

  • #23
    Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    3,416
    Concert Stars
    Biggio will get in eventually. I think people just looked at him as a really good player for a long period of time, and never truly dominant. I disagree and think that 20+ years of putting up the numbers he did(and getting to 3000 hits) deserves a first ballot election. But it could be argued that the only reason he got to 3000 was his longevity, and really he has one of the lower batting averages of the guys with 3000 hits.


    He will get in though, not many guys take 68% first year and don't get there eventually. I think Bagwell has a good shot as well. Maybe a killer B's reunion in the Hall some day?

  • #24
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,948
    Concert Stars
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/s...domestic-abuse

    Milton Bradley in trouble with the law, no way do I believe that.

    That guy always was the whole picnic short of a picnic.

  • #25
    Carrie Guru thaifood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    On Spaceship Earth
    Posts
    12,911
    Concert Stars
    Poor Milton Bradley, his life is just one big board game & he sits in Jail, directly in jail.

    On another subject. What the hell is up with the Arizona Diamondbacks & Justin Upton? They have been hinting at trading the guy for weeks now & then finally get a deal done with one of the four teams on his do not trade list. How can they disrespect the guy any more than this? It is one of the weirdest things ever & handled about as poorly as I have ever witnessed. Now, any other team that is interested knows that Az. absolutely has to trade the guy & the actions of the GM has greatly reduced what they cann expect to get in return. Weird, just plain weird!

  • #26
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,948
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Poor Milton Bradley, his life is just one big board game & he sits in Jail, directly in jail.

    On another subject. What the hell is up with the Arizona Diamondbacks & Justin Upton? They have been hinting at trading the guy for weeks now & then finally get a deal done with one of the four teams on his do not trade list. How can they disrespect the guy any more than this? It is one of the weirdest things ever & handled about as poorly as I have ever witnessed. Now, any other team that is interested knows that Az. absolutely has to trade the guy & the actions of the GM has greatly reduced what they cann expect to get in return. Weird, just plain weird!
    I don't get what is going on in Arizona either, it's clear that Gibson doesn't like Upton and Upton doesn't like Gibson so Upton playing there just isn't going to work and the D-backs go out and try to trade him to a team that is on his no trade list.

    As you said they are going to have to go back to teams that they were talking to before they tried to make the deal with the M's and none of the GM's from teams they were talking to are going to give them the same deal as what the D-backs were going to get if they would have just dealt him to a team that wasn't on Upton's no trade list.

  • #27
    just another fan

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    19,708
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyecarriefan View Post
    Biggio will get in eventually. I think people just looked at him as a really good player for a long period of time, and never truly dominant. I disagree and think that 20+ years of putting up the numbers he did(and getting to 3000 hits) deserves a first ballot election. But it could be argued that the only reason he got to 3000 was his longevity, and really he has one of the lower batting averages of the guys with 3000 hits.


    He will get in though, not many guys take 68% first year and don't get there eventually. I think Bagwell has a good shot as well. Maybe a killer B's reunion in the Hall some day?
    i just feel that a player has to make opponents pee in their pants to be a first ballot HOF. Biggio was never that kind of player.

  • #28
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,948
    Concert Stars
    If I was a voter I would have had Biggio on my ballot but I can see why people wouldn't.

    There are just voters out there who will not vote for anyone on the first ballot and we will see that next year when some dumbasses will not have Greg Maddux on their ballot when the guy is arguably one of the best pitchers in the history of the game.

  • #29
    Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    3,416
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    i just feel that a player has to make opponents pee in their pants to be a first ballot HOF. Biggio was never that kind of player.
    I can see that. Like I said, I personally disagree and think 3000 hits makes his a first ballot guy, but I can see where people think he isn't. It's not like he was Griffey or anything.

  • #30
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,948
    Concert Stars
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-sour...1406--mlb.html

    That's a real nice sign for them.

  • #31
    Carrie Guru thaifood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    On Spaceship Earth
    Posts
    12,911
    Concert Stars
    The Nats are se ton world domination. They continue to get stronger each day. And the Yankees continue to flounder & that's not a bad thing.

  • #32
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,948
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    The Nats are se ton world domination. They continue to get stronger each day. And the Yankees continue to flounder & that's not a bad thing.
    The Nats are going to being a lot of people's pick to win it all, signing Soriano should give them a reliable closer.

  • #33
    Carrie Guru thaifood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    On Spaceship Earth
    Posts
    12,911
    Concert Stars
    JB, In the Lost MLB thread, I asked you a question but I never got to see your answer so I'll wash, rinse, repeat.

    Since Houston went to the AL West & we have 15 teams in each league now, that requires interleague play everyday. My Angels open the season with 3 in Cincinnati against your Reds. Any thoughts on that?

  • #34
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,948
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    JB, In the Lost MLB thread, I asked you a question but I never got to see your answer so I'll wash, rinse, repeat.

    Since Houston went to the AL West & we have 15 teams in each league now, that requires interleague play everyday. My Angels open the season with 3 in Cincinnati against your Reds. Any thoughts on that?
    When the schedules first came out it was a little strange seeing the innerleague play happening the opening series of the season, hopefully they playing to end the season too.

    With Hamilton going there along with Trout and Pujols already there, at least one of those games during that series should end up on ESPN or ESPN2.

  • #35
    Carrie Guru thaifood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    On Spaceship Earth
    Posts
    12,911
    Concert Stars
    They have to do interleague all season long or else there would be teams not playing at all. With 15 teams per league, there would be one from each league sitting it out.

  • #36
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,948
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    They have to do interleague all season long or else there would be teams not playing at all. With 15 teams per league, there would be one from each league sitting it out.
    I knew that they had to have the innerleague play since the Astros move, but it was just strange seeing it after all the years of the Astros being in the NL & innerleague play not starting usually until around Memorial Day.

  • #37
    Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    3,416
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    When the schedules first came out it was a little strange seeing the innerleague play happening the opening series of the season, hopefully they playing to end the season too.

    With Hamilton going there along with Trout and Pujols already there, at least one of those games during that series should end up on ESPN or ESPN2.

    Tigers and Marlins end the season in Miami.

  • #38
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,948
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyecarriefan View Post
    Tigers and Marlins end the season in Miami.
    The innerleague play all year is going to be strange to see for the first few weeks of the season, I would imagine that I will be at least with one of those Tigers/Marlins game, my wife was happy to see that the Tigers were going to play down here.

  • #39
    Huge Carrie Follower imacubsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oceanic Flight 815...
    Posts
    634
    Concert Stars
    Mariners acquired Morse. Things are starting to look good for them.

    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

  • #40
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,948
    Concert Stars
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/88...one-year-deals

    Buster Posey for $ 8 mil, that is about as good of a deal that any team in the league has for a guy.


  •  
    Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. NFL Thread
      By JB172 in forum Sports
      Replies: 1681
      Last Post: 01-22-2017, 07:55 PM
    2. Pia Toscano Thread
      By gaycarebear in forum American Idol Chatter
      Replies: 93
      Last Post: 01-23-2013, 09:19 AM
    3. Male thread
      By carriehq in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: 08-05-2011, 08:56 AM
    4. Theme Thread
      By Naco1776 in forum American Idol Chatter
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: 05-20-2011, 12:18 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •