Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree379Likes

Thread: NFL Thread

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I see the Cowboys hired Monte Kiffen to be their new DC. He's an intense guy. This should be a good hire, although it doesn't change the other problems the team has.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jimshoe View Post
    I see the Cowboys hired Monte Kiffen to be their new DC. He's an intense guy. This should be a good hire, although it doesn't change the other problems the team has.
    Other problems, what other problems?

LOL

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    That was a really entertaining first half.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    How do you let that happen if you are the Broncos secondary?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Peyton went all # 4.

Great game, my goodness did the Ravens show A LOT of heart.

Concert Stars
    talk about a "nail=biter!"
    Ravens fans were glad that Cundiff did not go in to kick that field goal.
    lots of heroes.
    lots of purple in Baltimore.
    go Ravens!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carrieguy2 View Post
    talk about a "nail=biter!"
    Ravens fans were glad that Cundiff did not go in to kick that field goal.
    lots of heroes.
    lots of purple in Baltimore.
    go Ravens!
    Those type of games are a lot more fun to watch when you don't have any rooting interest.

Flacco has to frustrate you with the way he played today and then have those games were he is just bad.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Those type of games are a lot more fun to watch when you don't have any rooting interest.

Flacco has to frustrate you with the way he played today and then have those games were he is just bad.
    i believe that firing Cam Cameron has and will lead to greater heights for Joe Flacco. Flacco thrives when Ray Rice gets a lot of touches (or Bernard Pierce great rookie from Temple) and there is a lot of play action and there is a strong offensive line for pass defense. Cameron called too many plays where Flacco was standing there by himself in the backfield and with lots of spread receivers. Jim Caldwell is calling the right kind of plays lots of runs and lots of play action. he shifted the offensive line so the Bryant McKinnie the stronger pass blocker is back at left tackle with Michael Oher better at right tackle. despite being the focus of "The Blind Side," Oher is not suited to be left tackle at the pro level. a lot more focus on Boldin who catches everything in reach and routes to Torrey Smith. Flacco has as good an arm as anyone in the game but he has been hampered by inconsistency although he has always played well in the post season. now with Caldwell at the reins i believe Flacco and the Ravens will flourish.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I think that the Packers didn't know that the 49ers like to run the read opition, the Harbaugh family back in both title games, it would be cool to see them play in the Super Bowl.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    How in the world do you have Peyton Manning take a knee with 30 seconds to go in the game and the Ravens had no timeouts. The Knee could have been taken on 3rd down. YOu got Manning for precisely those situations where you know the other team will be playing a prevent defense. Very stupid move by the Denver coaches.

So far the older QB's are 0-2... maybe going younger is the wave of the future.

just another fan

well, peyton has had a spotty record in the playoffs. and flacco sometimes actually looks elite

in the other game, the packers looked like they were looking at a read option for the very first time in their lives. SF also has the superior running game and oline.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    well, peyton has had a spotty record in the playoffs. and flacco sometimes actually looks elite

in the other game, the packers looked like they were looking at a read option for the very first time in their lives. SF also has the superior running game and oline.
    On the long TD that Kaepernick had, he was ten yards down field and had already turned the corner before pretty much everyone on the Packers D knew he had the ball, the CB on that side knew he had it but he was getting blocked.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    This very well might be the best playoff weekend in the history of the league, I didn't care who won the Seahawks/Falcons game but I feel bad for Russell Wilson, he did everything he could to win the game and the defense gagged it up.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    So much for my GB-Den Superbowl...... I'm now 3-5 so far this postseason...

At this point I'd prefer either of the NFC Teams over the AFC Teams. I'd like to see Matt Ryan and Tony Gonzalez get their first rings but I'd also like to see Randy Moss get one as well.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    So much for my GB-Den Superbowl...... I'm now 3-5 so far this postseason...

At this point I'd prefer either of the NFC Teams over the AFC Teams. I'd like to see Matt Ryan and Tony Gonzalez get their first rings but I'd also like to see Randy Moss get one as well.

Ditto Jim, especially Tony, with this more than likely being his last. Falcons would need 2 more miracle finishes on the gridiron to make it happen it seems.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    This is a great article on Jason Taylor and some of the things that he did to play, just incredible.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/1...lors-pain.html

Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm doing my yearly "root for the Ravens to piss off Browns fans" thing.

In reality, I don't care. This would be week 20 coming up, so we're going on about 18 weeks since I actually watched an entire NFL game.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    How in the world do you have Peyton Manning take a knee with 30 seconds to go in the game and the Ravens had no timeouts. The Knee could have been taken on 3rd down. YOu got Manning for precisely those situations where you know the other team will be playing a prevent defense. Very stupid move by the Denver coaches.

So far the older QB's are 0-2... maybe going younger is the wave of the future.
    I was a little surprised that they didn't throw the ball at least once but if they would have and it got picked and the Ravens kicked a FG to win in regulation, then Fox would have got killed for not taking a knee to go to OT by the same people who are are killing him for taking the knee. lol

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I don't know why some of the talking heads are acting like Bryant would have still missed the FG if Carroll didn't call a timeout, it's not like the whistle came right before the snap and he missed it, geez the whistle blew like a second and half before the ball was even snapped everyone was standing around and Bryant just went up to kick it just to kick the ball.

I think the Carroll is a bit of an ass but that timeout didn't mean anything.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/the-tu...030452684.html

This is sad to here, thoughts and prayers to Stuart.

•  
    Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast