Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wimbledon 2011!

Wimbledon 2011!

Hey, any tennis fans here?! I follow tennis pretty closely, really like the sport....So who are your faves and picks?

ME : ROGER FEDERER!!!!!!!! I LOVE HIM!!

For the women's I'm going to give it to Sharapova, I guess. She's been out for a looong while, but she has a good chance, IMO.

Insane Carrie Fan buckeyecarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

*drool*

Wow...it's time for Wimbledon?!? I don't follow Tennis as much as I do with other sports, but I do try.

just another fan

i actually think wimbledon has lost a lot of its luster for many of today's players. most of them especially on the men's side have no clue how to play on grass. as such, its actually easier to win wimbledon than it is at the australian or US open

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    i actually think wimbledon has lost a lot of its luster for many of today's players. most of them especially on the men's side have no clue how to play on grass. as such, its actually easier to win wimbledon than it is at the australian or US open

I agree . I still remember vividly Bjorn Borg VS John McEnroe in 1980 -1981 finals --this era was the glory days of men's tennis , in my opinion .

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    federer for me. but I'm really excited for Djokavic (major spelling problem haha). still love nadal tho. I really hope roger gets it again tho. i dont want him to retire soon haha
    becca T

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I think it's between Nadal, Federer and Jokovic at the Wimbeldon

Concert Stars
    Wait, are you all saying that MEN play tennis? Why did I never know this?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I'll go with Rafa on the men's side and I haven't got a clue on the women's side, if Serena had about a month or so of play under her belt I would go with her but only have been back a week or so, I don't know if she can with it or not but it wouldn't surprise me if she did.

Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I'll go with Rafa on the men's side and I haven't got a clue on the women's side, if Serena had about a month or so of play under her belt I would go with her but only have been back a week or so, I don't know if she can with it or not but it wouldn't surprise me if she did.
    Agree about Serena.

For the men's, BOOOO.....FEDERER!!!!

Lol, I'm really excited about this Wimbledon. Should be great

Concert Stars
    I'm not into tennis at all (which is strange since I live right across the street from a community tennis court lol) but I saw this and thought it was a unique outfit, designed by the same designer as Lady Gaga's outfits.
    matteksands_is_seeded_at_wimbledon_and_dressed_like_lady_gaga.jpg

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Since 2006 and counting the two majors played so far this year Roger, Rafa & Novak have won 21 of 22 majors played, Del Porto winning the US Open in 2009 was the only major won by someone else. I would be stunned if anyone other than those three would win the tournament.

As for the women's field even though the both have been out with the injuries either Williams sister could win and it wouldn't be a shock since there really is much difference between any of the top women players.

Concert Stars
    im sooooooooooo excited! it finally feels like summer now that Wimbledon has started! my money is on Federer....literally!
    as for the womens idk who will winn but i hope its a good final unlike the last few years

More than that, since 2007 (I think it's 2007) the managers of the court have cut the grass differently, making it a MUCH slower court than it used to be. That's the real reason why Nadal SUDDENLY managed to take over from Federer. They slowed down the court, making it closer to clay than grass!

just another fan

Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    More than that, since 2007 (I think it's 2007) the managers of the court have cut the grass differently, making it a MUCH slower court than it used to be. That's the real reason why Nadal SUDDENLY managed to take over from Federer. They slowed down the court, making it closer to clay than grass!
    At Wimbledon, It's the Grass Stupid - TIME

this article claims the change was made in the type of grass used, since 2001.

just another fan

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyecarriefan View Post

*drool*
    what happened to her???

Concert Stars
    what happened to her???
    Choked like normal. Still hot.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    So sad Serena lost i was so proud of her the way she was playing with the past year she had. wouldve been amazing if she made it to the final.
    becca T

Lovin' my man Nadal. Have since the first day i saw him 6 years ago.

and Cant believe the #1 is out as well as both Williams sisters. Looks like im hoping Sharapova can pull it out but she had this opportunity during the french this yr when all the big names were out and choked so Im not holding my breath...crazy that we cant seem to get steady girl performers. (unless the Williams sisters are healthy)

So sad the Clijsters is injured and out for this tourny shes my fav

Federer lost

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast