Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Temporary Home vs Cowboy Casanova

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Temporary Home

17 43.59%
  • Cowboy Casanova

22 56.41%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Round 6: Temporary Home vs Cowboy Casanova

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder92 View Post
    This may be a dumb question but how are we voting? Are we basing it off our favorites or what we think is the better song.

My choices are different depending on which one lol
    Favorite

My 2 favorite songs from Play On! I have to go with Cowboy Casanova one of the best Carrie records!!! I still remember the first day I heard it! CC sound so different to all of her songs, love that song.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I like both, but I gotta go with CC. It's completely different from
    anything Carrie has done before, and was a fantastic choice for a lead single. Carrie has so much fun when she sings it live, and I thought it was the perfect tour opener, as well.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Come on all TH lovers!!!! Are you going let some snake with blue eyes, that's nothing but candy coated misery beat TH. I don't think so ...our song is not afraid because it knows it is Temporary Home"

Carrie Follower Chrisonthestorm's Avatar
    TH; this was the first song that stood out for me on "Play On" and it's still one of my favourite!

Concert Stars
    Kick some ass, CC. You deserve it.

These two are both Carrie co-writes, and illustrate her breadth of choice in style and theme. As I said in an earlier round, TH strikes a good balance between Carrie's social concerns and her religious faith. Rather surprisingly to me, some people seem to miss this balance, and interpret the song wholly as focusing on the soul's journey to Heaven - despite the line "someday we'll find a place here in this world", which Carrie sings with rising emphasis at almost exactly the halfway point of the song. To me, this song has always been as much about practical concerns as about the final death scene, and I regard it as a strong piece of writing, and as one of Carrie's more personal songs.

CC has more interesting music (the weak point in TH for me, though that song is saved by its pure and sincere vocal) - but I find CC rather limited lyrically. Of Carrie's trademark "bad guy warning" songs, CC doesn't strike me as the most interesting (and is already beaten for me on this album by the under-rated, but in my view, musically superior and lyrically more biting SLT.) All told, CC, I'm afraid rather quickly lost its impact for me (though I do give it credit for a bold video)

So my vote in this round goes again to TH.

CC wins

Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    CC wins
    the poll doesn't close until tomorrow and CC is not that far ahead of TH, TH still has a shot at winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie2011 View Post
    the poll doesn't close until tomorrow and CC is not that far ahead of TH, TH still has a shot at winning.
    Lol, no, I meant CC wins for me, cuz I was majorly on the fence for this one.

It's pretty much certain that CC will end up winning, anyway, though.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    These two are both Carrie co-writes, and illustrate her breadth of choice in style and theme. As I said in an earlier round, TH strikes a good balance between Carrie's social concerns and her religious faith. Rather surprisingly to me, some people seem to miss this balance, and interpret the song wholly as focusing on the soul's journey to Heaven - despite the line "someday we'll find a place here in this world", which Carrie sings with rising emphasis at almost exactly the halfway point of the song. To me, this song has always been as much about practical concerns as about the final death scene, and I regard it as a strong piece of writing, and as one of Carrie's more personal songs.

CC has more interesting music (the weak point in TH for me, though that song is saved by its pure and sincere vocal) - but I find CC rather limited lyrically. Of Carrie's trademark "bad guy warning" songs, CC doesn't strike me as the most interesting (and is already beaten for me on this album by the under-rated, but in my view, musically superior and lyrically more biting SLT.) All told, CC, I'm afraid rather quickly lost its impact for me (though I do give it credit for a bold video)

So my vote in this round goes again to TH.
    SEE You tell'm Farawayhills!!!!!! TH all the way.

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12