Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    What songs do we know for sure made the album, other than GG?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    I also hope we have some songs without Carrie as a cowrite. The CD should have the best songs not just hers.
    I'd kind of rather have all songs with her as a cowriter. It would be good practice, a way for her to work on her craft in a different way, y'know? Or am I making no sense? I just think it would be nice to see the growth from song-to-song, album-to-album.

Anyway, I should stay out of this thread. I want this album to be a complete surprise.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriefann View Post
    What songs do we know for sure made the album, other than GG?
    GG is the only confirmed track. Anything else is speculation at this point. Carrie's name was added as a performer on a few other songs on various databases, but that doesn't confirm the songs made the album. Carrie has been listed as a performer on songs in past eras yet those songs didn't necessarily make the album.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nanook View Post
    "Town in Colorado" is a cowrite? I've never seen that one before but I really like the title and the premise behind it.
    Nope... It's not a co-write... I just want it to be part of the album + Tee's list which looks good...
    I'm hoping for songs without carrie as co-write but hopefully more than half the album will have carrie as co-write..
    If so, that would mean lots of the best of the best songs are co-written by carrie...

Junior Carrie Follower FreeCountry22's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Carrie has grown a lot as a writter and the subject matter can only get deeper and better with time so I would expect to see, if its a 12-13 track CD, that 8 will be co-written by her since she really seems to want to establish herself as more than just a singer and showcase her other strengths. IMO I think she would love to have a grammy nominated song or CMA/ACM written song and win as a song writter than she would be to just get vocalist wins. But I think this CD will only profile Carrie to be even bigger than she already is!

Quote Originally Posted by FreeCountry22 View Post
    Carrie has grown a lot as a writter and the subject matter can only get deeper and better with time so I would expect to see, if its a 12-13 track CD, that 8 will be co-written by her since she really seems to want to establish herself as more than just a singer and showcase her other strengths. IMO I think she would love to have a grammy nominated song or CMA/ACM written song and win as a song writter than she would be to just get vocalist wins. But I think this CD will only profile Carrie to be even bigger than she already is!
    PO had 13 tracks and 7 were Carrie co-writes... If it has 13 tracks, I'm expecting 10 co-writes. lol

Btw, this is my track listing:

1. Good Girl
    2. Cupid's Got a Shotgun
    3. Hear a Heartbreak
    4. Set It On Fire
    5. We Had It All
    6. Wine After Whiskey
    7. Do You Remember When (Remind Me Pt. 2)
    8. Something Beautiful
    9. I Am a Memory
    10. Take Me to My City
    11. Gone Too Soon/Non co-write
    12. Loved by You/Non co-write
    13. Neverlasting Love/Non co-write

Ty
    01. "Good Girl"
    02. "Take Me To The City"
    03. "Hear A Heartbreak

We're getting those three for sure, I think. Well obviously GG.

Concert Stars
    these threads are soooooooooo hard to stay away from but i wanna be surprised when the album comes out so im staying outta here!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

1. Good Girl
    2. Make You Mine
    3. Love’s Out To Get Me
    4. That Don’t Mean I Don’t Miss You
    5. Trainwreck
    6. Mess Up My Makeup
    7. Nobody Ever Told You
    8. Long Summer
    9. Take Me To The City
    10. Southern Charm
    11. Two Black Cadilacs
    12. I Need Something Strong
    13. I Am A Memory
    14. Lucky That Way
    15. Little Girl Don’t Grow Up Too Fast
    16. Set It On Fire
    17. Cupid's Got A Shotgun
    18. I Am A Memory/Gone Too Soon

Concert Stars
    We all need to revise our lists as Carrie said no love songs on the album. So we need to rethink our lists.

Concert Stars
    Did she post that on this OFC??

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    We all need to revise our lists as Carrie said no love songs on the album. So we need to rethink our lists.
    she did say the album is darker. I didnt expect any mushy stuff.
    Becca

I just really want both "Cupid's Got a Shotgun" and "Set It On Fire"! My two fave titles.

There's been some really interesting titles this era, though.

Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I just really want both "Cupid's Got a Shotgun" and "Set It On Fire"! My two fave titles.

The best titles! I'm hoping for "We Had It All" as well.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Carrie said no mushy love songs, which to me means songs like "Look At Me". I don't think she meant no love songs altogether. I still think we could get some love songs that aren't mushy. For example, Remind Me isn't mushy...it's more steamy lol. Carrie did say at one point (a fan club party maybe) that she wouldn't sing LAM live because it was too mushy. I think love songs that don't fall into the mushy side of things could still be a possibility.
    Plus, she did say that there were some slow, sweet songs on the album.

Tee, why do people need to revise their lists of song titles because of the no mushy love songs thing? All we have are titles, so we don't even know which songs are love songs and which aren't lol. Sometimes titles are misleading lol. I'm not criticizing you, btw...just pointing things out.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    She said this? I think its weird that being in love she doesnt have a love song, although I think she once said she couldnt sing Look at Me because it was too mushy or whatever. I hope we can get at least a sweet song or something close. I need my ballads from Carrie

Concert Stars
    True-- I guess I assumed some of the titles are about love- lol. Ie-- "Loved By You" was on my list and so was "We Had It All." I assumed those are both love songs-- but I could bewrong. lol

Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    Carrie said no mushy love songs, which to me means songs like "Look At Me". I don't think she meant no love songs altogether. I still think we could get some love songs that aren't mushy. For example, Remind Me isn't mushy...it's more steamy lol. Carrie did say at one point (a fan club party maybe) that she wouldn't sing LAM live because it was too mushy. I think love songs that don't fall into the mushy side of things could still be a possibility.
    Plus, she did say that there were some slow, sweet songs on the album.

Tee, why do people need to revise their lists of song titles because of the no mushy love songs thing? All we have are titles, so we don't even know which songs are love songs and which aren't lol. Sometimes titles are misleading lol. I'm not criticizing you, btw...just pointing things out.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_vzla View Post
    She said this? I think its weird that being in love she doesnt have a love song, although I think she once said she couldnt sing Look at Me because it was too mushy or whatever. I hope we can get at least a sweet song or something close. I need my ballads from Carrie
    Agree. She did say there are a few sweet, slow songs about love but not about being in love..... I amhoping no more Mama's Songs are two are enough lol.

So maybe it is love of a friend? not sure.

I do wish she would put one or two love song on there-- but maybe there will be more sad love songs like ITYS or WCIS--- just not happy mushy ones. lol

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post

agree.If those two songs make it I will be so happy!

•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast