Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Huge Carrie Follower julesb2183's Avatar

New Album Info - Set to be Released in the Spring!

MJ's Big Blog Reports:

Carrie Underwood is the lead story in this week’s Entertainment Weekly two-page preview of 10 albums they can’t wait for in 2012. Carrie says there was a demo that give her chills and goosebumps all over her body, she’d never had a reaction quite like that to a song before, and she called her manager immediately and said “I have to have this song!” She says being able to see it develop into so much more than that demo has been really special.
    The duets last year with Tony Bennett, Steven Tyler and Brad Paisley may have influenced her album. It’s amazing to see how different artists work in the studio, says Carrie, and it’s impossible not to take something out of it. She singles out Bennett and how he records in an open space with musicians in the same room, which was a new experience for her when she recorded “It Had To Be You” with him.
    Fans will find some other surprises on the album. Carrie says there are some darker songs . She comments how she’s always been a fan of songs with attitude but she’s talking about songs with darker storylines. Carrie says the album seemed to want those, so she went with it.
    Carrie’s next album is set to be released in the spring.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    So maybe no TH, SS and JTTW songs on the album. If it's gonna be a "darker" album.

Concert Stars
    wOW, SOUNDS SO COOL.
    She sounds excited about it to.
    I wonder what that song is that gave her goosebumps??
    Can't wait.

I can't wait to hear this album!! It sounds like it's going to be very progressive for Carrie, and show a lot of artistic growth.

Also, great to hear that her album is the lead story in a list of 10 albums for the year! People are anticipating this album so much!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Cant wait for this album.

Concert Stars
    Sounding good -- a darker album. In the Spring. Last week of March, April, May. Ohhh hurry up spring.

Concert Stars
    I am getting very antsy waiting for this album! I just want new music, so I am also getting anxious for this new single (whatever it may be).

Yes, a darker album. I can't wait!

Concert Stars
    Wow I seriously can NOT wait for this

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by julesb2183 View Post
    MJ's Big Blog Reports:

Carrie Underwood is the lead story in this week’s Entertainment Weekly two-page preview of 10 albums they can’t wait for in 2012. Carrie says there was a demo that give her chills and goosebumps all over her body, she’d never had a reaction quite like that to a song before, and she called her manager immediately and said “I have to have this song!” She says being able to see it develop into so much more than that demo has been really special.
    So happy there are actual NEW album info directly from Carrie. I clicked on this thread half-heartedly after so many false alarms of "new" news. Am I ever happy!
    I have never been this excited for an album.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Noticed this comment in the article. Hope it's true!!!

But wait, there's more!

A Pulse Carrie fan has gotten a ticket confirmation for something Carrie and CMT are doing during Super Bowl week. Locals in Indianapolis know there's supposed to be a CMT Crossroads that airs live the night before the Super Bowl. Last year it was Faith Hill and the Pretenders. It's looking like this year it'll be Carrie and I'd guess Steven Tyler/Aerosmith. Nothing official since ticketholders are being asked to keep quiet about it but the announcement's probably coming soon. Last year the announcement came in the middle of January.

Link to article: Carrie Underwood: Look For Darker Storylines on Her Next Album | American Idol, Carrie Underwood | mjsbigblog

Concert Stars
    OMG!!! She may be at the Superbowl Crossroads!!!!!!! I'm afraid to get too excited!!! A Spring Album...can we just skip winter?!!!!

Concert Stars
    What is the difference between a CMT croosroad and CMT Superbowl crossroad???

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Doesn't spring technically start around Mar. 20 something??? Like the 21st, 22nd or 23rd???? That isn't that far off!!!! Not when you consider that the new single should be dropping soon, the Superbowl news and the Grammys (of which I'm feeling in my bones that one Carrie Underwood is going to be performing)!

One thing is for sure, things are getting EXCITING in Carrieland!!!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman312 View Post
    What is the difference between a CMT croosroad and CMT Superbowl crossroad???

Seriously you have to ask this????? The CMT Superbowl Crossroad is on a MUCH bigger stage!!!!! Meaning more audience, more hype, more news!

Concert Stars
    Omg yes! This is getting better and better!

So the dark song that gave carrie goosebumps is not a cowrite. Intetesting! I wonder if it is the gordie sampson song he mentioned was for carrie? Or shapiro or lori mckenna?

She said the album is tempo driven with very few ballads so i bet this dark song is one of the ballads. I cannot imagine a dark song thatis upbeat and tempo driven. Lol

Also carrie has 2 black cadillacs and gone too soon as cowrites. So this is getting good!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post

Seriously you have to ask this????? The CMT Superbowl Crossroad is on a MUCH bigger stage!!!!! Meaning more audience, more hype, more news!
    other then the live audience which is much bigger, it still only airs live on CMT.
    Wish the network would pick it up.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    I bet the cmt crossroads is with steve tyler which will rock! But i hope it is with all if aerosmith!

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I bet the cmt crossroads is with steve tyler which will rock! But i hope it is with all if aerosmith!
    No, not Steven Tyler again.
    I need a female singer.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Okay I am going with March 27th as the album release date! Now if they would just come on already with the lead single!

•  
    Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast