Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by nannygirl View Post
    Is May in the spring? Because, where I'm from, the end of May is the start of summer vacation...so spring to me is end of February-April. xD
    Lol technically spring goes till june 21st.

So the Entertainment Weekly edition with this feature will be out next week? I have to have a copy.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I do to.
    Carries vocal ability can go in alot of directions.
    It is starting to sound like there is going to be some pretty "meaty" stuff on this album.
    I can't wait!!
    Plus carrie blogged a few months ago that she was recording something very difficult that she knew she would have trouble getting through. So i bet that song is the dark song that gave her chills.

She also told billboard as early as june at that summit that there were some dark folky songs on the album. So she may have had this song for awhile.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I Can't Wait To Have The Album In My Hands!!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    It's true that the majority of dark songs are slower (think Ode to Billy Joe, one of my fav songs of all time), but songs like That's the Night That The Lights went out in Georgia (Vicki Lawrence), Fancy (Bobbie Gentry), or Goodbye Earl (Dixie Chicks). All dark songs, all tempo driven!
    Also, Billy Currington's "Love Done Gone" is probably the happiest sad song I've ever heard It took me more listens than it should have for me to realize it was a sad song haha.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Plus carrie blogged a few months ago that she was recording something very difficult that she knew she would have trouble getting through. So i bet that song is the dark song that gave her chills.

She also told billboard as early as june at that summit that there were some dark folky songs on the album. So she may have had this song for awhile.
    "Dark folky" songs? that sounds AWESOME!! I really hope at least one of these folky songs I've been hearing about make the album. Folky is exactly the style I've been wanting to hear from her.

Also I think it's funny that Carrie fans have now gone to analyzing the definition of "spring" hahaha

Concert Stars
    im also wondering what exactly "darker" means. That cound go many different ways...

A new post from Pulse says the 4th album is still going to be released on May 1 lol

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    Doesn't Spring start in June in Nashville? Could dark possibly mean deeper? Or maybe more like a Miranda song like Gun Powder and Lead? Carrie's version of dark might be different like our version of soon

Concert Stars
    ^ I have wanted to hear Carrie on a folky type song too, for awhile. Imagine Carrie on an Allison Krauss type song that is beautiful and melancholy....or on a Dixie Chicks folky song. She would sound so beautiful.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I am getting so freaking excited! I don't remember much about the Super Bowl Crossroads last year, but I would be ecstatic if it were Carrie and Aerosmith. There are so many of their songs that she would sound SO good singing. Imagine all the amazing mp3 rips we would get from that show!

And the direction of this new album sounds great. I can't wait to hear it!
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    OKay you guys, please give me an example of a "dark song" - PLEASE!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchs View Post
    A new post from Pulse says the 4th album is still going to be released on May 1 lol
    If her album is released in May then that will be almost exactly a year since Brad Paisley's album/Remind Me came out.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ I have wanted to hear Carrie on a folky type song too, for awhile. Imagine Carrie on an Allison Krauss type song that is beautiful and melancholy....or on a Dixie Chicks folky song. She would sound so beautiful.
    I agree, Tee! I LOVE the Chicks and I'd give anything to hear her voice on so many of their songs like Travelin' Solider," "Top Of The World," "Let Him Fly," or even something similar to "Cowboy Take Me Away" would be amazing.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

I agree, Tee! I LOVE the Chicks and I'd give anything to hear her voice on so many of their songs like Travelin' Solider," "Top Of The World," "Let Him Fly," or even something similar to "Cowboy Take Me Away" would be amazing.
    Imagine Carrie on "Not Ready To Make Nice". That's the kind of "dark" song I think of that Carrie needs to sing. I don't mean necessarily on that kind of subject, but rather the mood-that haunting and convicting sound that rings with every note.

You know, I was thinking, suppose Carrie had her own show in which she could cover new songs every week. How awesome would THAT be? Also, digressing a bit from the topic, how amazing would it be if Carrie got to be a judge on AI (or other talent shows) later on in the future when she goes on a hiatus? Carrie would be the perfect mentor/judge to the contestants because she would know how to care and nurture a contestant (being one herself) AND she would actually have adequate knowledge and experience to her name to critique contestants constructively so they can grow. Not to mention, there will be CARRIE on TV almost every single week!
    You know, I'm hoping Carrie would be invited to be mentor on AI one week sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDollyDee View Post
    I listed these before : Ode to Billy Joe, The Night the Lights went Out in Georgia, Goodbye Earl (that's more dark comedy).

Concert Stars
    The Night that the Lights Went out in Georgia and Fancy are both pretty dark Reba songs-- and I love them both.

Carrie has that one song called 3 Black Cadillacs that surely is a funeral march.....so I wonder how many dark songs are on there?

She did say that most of the album is tempo driven and upbeat, so it is hard to reconcile that with a dark album. lol Maybe she just meant that there are a few darker songs on there then normal.

Either way it sounds great.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^I'm wondering if tempo driven can't mean mid-tempo, kinda like the two songs you mentioned above. Maybe the same tempo as Wasted? I don't think tempo driven means they necessarily have to be "fast" songs.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDollyDee View Post
    "Whiskey Lullaby" by Brad Paisley and Allison Kraus comes to my mind.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    "Whiskey Lullaby" by Brad Paisley and Allison Kraus comes to my mind.

Oh yeah that is a great one!

Concert Stars
    ^ Whiskey Lullaby rules.

Thanks Kizmet. I guess I am confused by exactly what Carrie meant by "tempo" driven then. You could be right that she simply means the songs are mid-tempo, and not slow ballads. She never said the subject matter is upbeat.

I guess it could be dark, yet mid-tempo.

there is this funny song by 3 Doors Down called "Loser" that is kind of mid-tempo with a catchy beat, but very very dark. The lyrics go "I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me?"... over and over again. lol But the tempo is so catchy that I really like the song. lol

•  
    Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast