Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I asked Tony Tomas about Carrie's single and he replied:

@tweetheartforJD Don't know off-hand, will aim to get some info!

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Remember the CMT audience is much different and less than the Grammys so it would not hurt to repeat, if the Grammys gave her a performance slot and ok to do a non nominated song. I would love anything at the Grammys a tribute performance would be great as well.

Concert Stars
    ^ True-- but I think the Grammys would insist that the lead single is not performed on any other tv show before debuting it at the Grammys.....like Lady Gaga did.

Otherwise-- Carrie could do part of a Tony Bennett medley for the Duets album, which was nominated too. Then she could debut the single at the CMT Crossroads.

But seeing as the Grammys are a much bigger audience then the CMT Crossroads will be-- I would prefer that she debuts it at the Grammys...and just sings other songs with Steven at the CMT thing.

I don't think there's any chance of Carrie debuting the single at the Grammys anyway. I figure if she gets a performance slot at all it will be part of a tribute or medley thing.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I don't think there's any chance of Carrie debuting the single at the Grammys anyway. I figure if she gets a performance slot at all it will be part of a tribute or medley thing.
    I pretty much agree with this. I think it's MUCH more likely she'll be in like, a Tony Bennett medley than singing a new song.

Concert Stars
    Well I will take anything I can get at this point. lol I just want her at the Grammys.

Concert Stars
    At the Crossroads thing, do they let each artist sing a solo? I would prefer that she sing her new single by herself...not with Steven...??

Concert Stars
    That is a good point. I don't think they get solos. I think the whole point is to perform together. That is what the other people did anyway.

Ty
    There aren't solos. But, I don't get why that matters? She's going to be performing the lead single w/ Steven.

Concert Stars
    Just a preference, no big deal!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Isn't it possible that the guest artist that Carrie mentioned on the new cd is Steven? And that he sings on the song that will be the lead single?
    Then it would fit into the Crossroads perfectly.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Isn't it possible that the guest artist that Carrie mentioned on the new cd is Steven? And that he sings on the song that will be the lead single?
    I guess this is possible but in my mind there's a BIG but with this thought. In her blog, she said she had to ask a 'friend' --- now would she consider Steven a friend after meeting and singing with him one time???? Somehow I don't think that would fit then?????

I guess if I were a betting girl, I don't think we'd see the lead single on this show. It might be performed that evening but I don't think it would have its debut on the actual show that is shown live and is taped.

Concert Stars
    But Crossroad will be shown on tv after the Grammy. I think we are getting the lead single end of THIS month.

Maybe Carrie will open the Grammy...hey, I am a dreamer. I actually thought Carrie was going to do the half-time show...lol (then they announced Madonna)!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman312 View Post
    But Crossroad will be shown on tv after the Grammy. I think we are getting the lead single end of THIS month.

Maybe Carrie will open the Grammy...hey, I am a dreamer. I actually thought Carrie was going to do the half-time show...lol (then they announced Madonna)!
    Uhh, this isn't true. The Crossroads show will be shown live on Feb. 4th. The Grammys are on Feb. 12th!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I was kinda thinking the same thing. "Cupid's Got a Shotgun" with Carrie and Steven Tyler...a girl can dream!
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Uhh, this isn't true. The Crossroads show will be shown live on Feb. 4th. The Grammys are on Feb. 12th!
    either way, we'll have the single haha
    Becca

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I am with you I don't see the single getting sung at the Grammys.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ True-- but I think the Grammys would insist that the lead single is not performed on any other tv show before debuting it at the Grammys.....like Lady Gaga did.

Otherwise-- Carrie could do part of a Tony Bennett medley for the Duets album, which was nominated too. Then she could debut the single at the CMT Crossroads.

But seeing as the Grammys are a much bigger audience then the CMT Crossroads will be-- I would prefer that she debuts it at the Grammys...and just sings other songs with Steven at the CMT thing.
    Carrie performing lead on Grammy would be an ideal situation but I will not count on it. Lady Gaga got to perform her lead because she was the biggest pop act who led the nominations at the Grammy just the previous year.

Concert Stars
    Agree! Also the steven tyler fans are saying aerosmiths new album has a country duet on it and they are speculating it is carrie! That makes sense based on carries hint in her blog about working with him. It could be more then the cmt xrossrds.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    Carrie performing lead on Grammy would be an ideal situation but I will not count on it. Lady Gaga got to perform her lead because she was the biggest pop act who led the nominations at the Grammy just the previous year.
    True but taylor got to perform that crappy fairytale song whIch was not nominated for anything. So sometimes tgey do allow exceptions. Carrie is admittedly not as big a star as lady gaga butsge is definitely as big as taylor.

•  
    Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast