Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Happy 2 year Anniversary "Play On!"

I cannot believe it's already been two years since the release of "Play On." It seems like the time flew by. I love this album, and it's a beautiful representation of who Carrie has become since winning American Idol six years ago. Thank you, Carrie for this amazing album, here's to many more.

Concert Stars
    Play On is simply amazing! Cowboy Casanova, Quitter, Mama's Song, Change, Undo It, Someday When I Stop Loving You, Songs Like This, Temporary Home, This Time, Look At Me, Unapologize, What Can I Say (feat. Sons of Sylvia), Play On. An Timeless Classic in my book

Concert Stars
    This just reminds me how much more i want new music. Lol.

^^Me too. lol

Happy anniversary!

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Such a great album! I can't believe its already been 2 whole years

Love the album!! Two years and Carrie has grown so much in those two years. When we do get new music, it will be so exciting to watch her as she is growing in her married life and her confidence seems to have soared. I am so happy for Carrie and Mike and when we do get new music, we will all be so appreciative.

Happy anniversary love this album!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    A very eventful 2 years!

Is it weird that I still have "Cowboy Casanova" and "Quitter" still stuck in my head? Those songs never die! So catchy.

Play On gave us Someday When I stop Loving you---arguably one of the best Carrie songs ever recorded!

It also gave us the amazing video for Undo It-- one of the best Carrie videos made so far!

In addition, Play On gave us our first collaboration on CD from Carrie -- What Can I Say with Sons of Sylvia.

Play On also gave us the wonderful, lovely, graceful "Mama's song", which introduced us to the love story of Carrie and Mike, and the bond that she and her mom share.

We also received the unforgettable 'Temporary Home' which will one day be remembered as one of the most inspiring ballads in country music!

We cannot forget the mighty Play On itself, which reminded us to have strength always and keep pressing forward, no matter what.

Change, which told us that no, we are not fools to believe we can change the world. The smallest thing makes all the difference.

The explosive Unapologize, which told us to tell the ones you love that you love them while you have the chance, and don't ever take it back.

Look At Me, the sweet love story of two people falling deeper and deeper in love with each look.

The fast-paced, edgy Songs Like This...the little tune that almost was a single....that told men everywhere, you better not cheat on Carrie Underwood or let her catch you on the couch with her own best friend!

And last, but not least, the very sweet This Time, telling us to hold the ones we love close and spend time with them, because there ain't no time like this time, baby!

Happy 2 year anniversary, Play On!! We love you!

Concert Stars
    Already? I'm getting old.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    More like Game Over. We need a new album or news like right now b/c this carrie hibernation act is very boring and lame.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by broker03 View Post
    More like Game Over. We need a new album or news like right now b/c this carrie hibernation act is very boring and lame.
    Imagine how Guns N' Roses fans feel. 18 years -- one album.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    She's not hibernating...she'w working on a new album. What do you expect her to do? Albums don't create themselves.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Patience! Just think, we can't be but a little more than a month away from new music/new album news!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebearcarrie View Post
    This just reminds me how much more i want new music. Lol.
    I figured someone would say that. . But there's not much going on right now, and "Play On" is a great album, so I thought it deserved a thread of its own. How have your perceptions of the album changed? Do you like some songs now that you didn't like when it first came out?

Concert Stars
    ^For the most part, my favorites have stood the same. When I get a new album for Carrie, I usally have a few favorites, but within a year a lot of them just even out lol.
    Top 3 for me when PO came out
    Unapologize
    Quitter
    Undo It

Top 3 Now
    Unapologize
    Cowboy Casanova
    Someday When I Stop Loving You

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

I figured someone would say that. . But there's not much going on right now, and "Play On" is a great album, so I thought it deserved a thread of its own. How have your perceptions of the album changed? Do you like some songs now that you didn't like when it first came out?
    Actually yes- i HATED Quitter when I first heard it. I never even listened to the full song until months after the album was released. Now- I love it! My favorite song on the album has and still is Cowboy Casanova. My least favorite, obviously WAS Quitter, but now there is not one song I would skip.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebearcarrie View Post
    Actually yes- i HATED Quitter when I first heard it. I never even listened to the full song until months after the album was released. Now- I love it! My favorite song on the album has and still is Cowboy Casanova. My least favorite, obviously WAS Quitter, but now there is not one song I would skip.
    I didn't like "Quitter" when "Play Om" was first released, either. But it's so catchy & different for Carrie. Something about it always puts a smile on my face. My least favorite song has always been "Unapologize." I don't dislike it, but I've always been indifferent towards it, for some reason. CC has grown on me in huge ways since the release of the album as well.

My favorites when the album was released:

1. Temporary Home
    2. Songs Like This
    3. Undo It
    4. Someday When I Stop Loving You
    5. Change

Now:

1. Cowboy Casanova
    2. Temporary Home
    3. Undo It
    5. Mama's Song
    6. Songs Like This
    7. This Time

Concert Stars
    The one thing about Someday When I Stop Loving You is that i feel in love with hillary singing of the Demo. Of course I LOVE Carrie's version. Its one of Carries best. But its hard listening to one version than another.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    3 words: BEST ALBUM EVER!!!
    I've got over 500 plays for a couple songs on PO lol

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

I didn't like "Quitter" when "Play Om" was first released, either. But it's so catchy & different for Carrie. Something about it always puts a smile on my face. My least favorite song has always been "Unapologize." I don't dislike it, but I've always been indifferent towards it, for some reason. CC has grown on me in huge ways since the release of the album as well.

My favorites when the album was released:

1. Temporary Home
    2. Songs Like This
    3. Undo It
    5. Change

Now:

1. Cowboy Casanova
    2. Temporary Home
    3. Undo It
    5. Mama's Song
    6. Songs Like This
    7. This Time

Yeah, Unapologize is a hit or miss around here. I think its pop nature turns a lot of people off. I love it, however. Not only is it one or her best lyrics, its also very catchy IMO. And it is a very different take on a situation. I just love it lol

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast