Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Concert Stars

Pictures taken in and around Elkhorn Kentucky

I was fascinated with the long train tunnel in Elkhorn KY. The first picture is a composite of 4 pictures showing the whole tunnel. About 7 miles from Elkhorn is the Breaks National Park Half of the park is in Kentucky and half in Virgina. My wife took the picture of the deer - but I wanted to include it because I like it. The house is from the 1800s.

Concert Stars
    i love all teh pics you post Dan you get some great shots i also like the deer pic

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Thanks for sharing Dan. Sure are some curvey roads and steep hills in that part of the country. Coal country trains with several engines pulling and pushing are just amazing. Lot of these railroad tracks where laid down with a lot of manual labor before all the modern equipment we have today.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Awww, you were close to my hometown! I was born in Pikeville, KY. I'm assuming when you say Elkhorn, you meant Elkhorn City, unless there is another one that I don't know about. It is beautiful there in the fall. And it's lots of fun to ride an ATV up to the top of a strip mine.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Dan,
    Thank you for sharing all the beautiful photos.
    My favorites are #3, #5, and #7.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    I like the deer best............j/k
    Great pics as usual!

Junior Carrie Follower kaileigh's Avatar
    Wow! Now that's a scenery! Those are amazing! I wish I could see those, personally! Great! I love all of it!
    Thanks, Dan!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    Beautiful, Dan!! As always!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Awww, you were close to my hometown! I was born in Pikeville, KY. I'm assuming when you say Elkhorn, you meant Elkhorn City, unless there is another one that I don't know about. It is beautiful there in the fall. And it's lots of fun to ride an ATV up to the top of a strip mine.
    Kizmet, you are right that it is Elkhorn City. It was just Elkhorn when my mother was born there. That's why I think of it by that name. I went there to see where she was born. She went to the Pikeville school. I'm going to PM you sometime because I would like to talk to you about it.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie View Post
    Dan,
    Thank you for sharing all the beautiful photos.
    My favorites are #3, #5, and #7.
    Well - this is embarrassing - numbers 3 and 5 are the same picture posted twice!

Concert Stars
    I want to thank everyone for your comments. I'm thinking that I may post some of my favorite pet pictures over the years next, when I get a chance.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDan View Post
    Kizmet, you are right that it is Elkhorn City. It was just Elkhorn when my mother was born there. That's why I think of it by that name. I went there to see where she was born. She went to the Pikeville school. I'm going to PM you sometime because I would like to talk to you about it.
    Go right ahead! While I was born in Pikeville and lived there (in Coal Run, actually) until I was 8, we moved to the other side of the county (closer to WV) and I graduated from Belfry High School. Pikeville High School was our big rival.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDan View Post
    I want to thank everyone for your comments. I'm thinking that I may post some of my favorite pet pictures over the years next, when I get a chance.
    I love pet pictures! You should definitely post those!
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

•