Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By lizcarlo
  • 2 Post By Gator
  • 2 Post By pklongbeach
  • 2 Post By Farawayhills

Thread: When and Where did Carrie sing Crazy by Patsy Cline?

When and Where did Carrie sing Crazy by Patsy Cline?

Carrie Underwood covers "Crazy" (originally by Patsy Cline) - YouTube
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced. She sounded so beautiful singing it.

Concert Stars
    On her last demo album before idol. (: it's beautiful.

Thanks

Thanks. I was listening to Patsy Cline singing live. I put Patsy Cline Crazy live. I saw the video. I watched it. Patsy is one if my favorite old classic singers. Carrie is one if my favorite singers so naturally I wanted to hear her cover. Carrie should cover Patsy songs more often.

Carrie Guru
    Such a beautiful version of "Crazy" by Carrie (before American Idol)!

Concert Stars
    I'd love for Carrie to release an album of Classic Country songs. Her voice suits Patsy Cline's songs so well.
    pklongbeach and nccountrygal like this.

That's a great idea. Carrie and Brad could cover If I were a Carpenter and Louisiana Women Mississippi Man.

Never knew she actually covered this song! I actually tweeted her once to cover this lol

Concert Stars
    Carrie is a current Patsy.

She is one of the few that knows how to take the time to "paint" the lyrics with so much artistry.
    This allows the listener to appreciate the song itself. And then the singer compliments it so beautifully.

I also imagine that Carrie would sing it very differently today. I think she has grown as an interpretive singer so much, I imagine it sounding very different.
    Mirasa45A and DaisyTweets like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Willie Nelson (who wrote this song) might be able to tempt her to sing it again one day. I think, though, that Sony Arista saw her as filling a different area of fan demand, and emphasized both her vocal style and the prevailing studio production style in a different direction.
    Personally I prefer some of her independent work (and this is one of the best) to some of her later major label studio sounds - but I'm probably not part of the typical market that Arista aim at.

I can't really foresee an album of classic Country covers as likely in the present climate - but I would like Carrie to emphasize more of this vocal style on a few of her future album cuts. I'd also like Carrie to use her considerable experience of the genre to take on a co-production role on an album soon. Relying too heavily on the Nashville machine can be rather limiting (especially as they can show a tendency to push the small number of female artists they support into rather stereotyped categories)
    pklongbeach and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Applause, faraway!!

I as well. Carrie has so much to offer, and it is hard to imagine it all on one album. But I do feel like there is a strong enough calling from her base fans that she dig alittle into the classics maybe once on each album.

An entire classics album would be a labor of love and would not likely come for a long time.

Martina did it brilliantly, and it found no market "and not much appreciation from the industry, which I found fasicanting".

So for Carrie to do it would not do alot for her except exercise a style in her that would be worth fullfilling but not "for the money".

That is why I would love for a sprinkling in an album. She does it somewhat with choices like Alen Jackson and Randy Travis. And often times those become peoples favorites.
    But I would even encourage her to go further back. I think her main audience would love it. Not an entire album of it, but a sprinkling! San Antonio Rose, is to this day, one of my favorite Carrie moments. And it happened so fast and incidentally. She is not quite aware of her own ability to harken us back to a different time of singing.

Carrie Guru
    Carrie's future endeavor is limitless knowing her tremendous talent and artistry !!

Concert Stars
    wow I hadn't heard this!!

•