Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree302Likes

Thread: Holiday special on HBO Max

Concert Stars

Holiday special on HBO Max

Carrie just announced she will have her very own holiday special out on hbo max!! So excited she is getting a holiday special as this was one of my biggest wishes for this album!!
    PRGuy79, oldyfan and lizcarlo like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Wonderful news! Yet, once again, it is limited in its viewership! Hopefully it will create a DVD.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Concert Stars
    For anyone who doesn’t have HBOMax, just make a free trial account the day of the release and cancel it when you wish! I know this special will be so great. So so excited

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by CU4ever View Post
    For anyone who doesn’t have HBOMax, just make a free trial account the day of the release and cancel it when you wish! I know this special will be so great. So so excited
    Thanks for the tip

I did that for ACM's on CBS Access.
    CU4ever and oldyfan like this.

Huge Carrie Follower carrieforV's Avatar
    So exited will sign up for a free trail to watch when it comes out. Why do you think Carrie is choosing to to stuff you have to pay monthly for? To get more exposure make more money?
    oldyfan likes this.

So, HBO MAX is only for the USA.. they are doing a great job with the "global superstar" thing.. :P
    jaymiee, rgelo and oldyfan like this.

A super excited to see what they are planning on doing for the special. I image John and Isaiah will be performing with Carrie?!
    oldyfan likes this.

Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    So, HBO MAX is only for the USA.. they are doing a great job with the "global superstar" thing.. :P
    I know. I wish it was on Disney+ or Netflix so that she can get more exposure.
    DizzyDollyDee and oldyfan like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I am sure it is a little bit more complicated than just going to Disney + or Netflix and asking to have it put on...I am not worried about the exposure, lots of people who have Hulu get the add on for HBO Max right with it. All of the people I know who are into Games of Throne have HBO Max.
    rgelo, CU4ever, oldyfan and 1 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan carrieidol1's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    HBO is pretty massive, and I have to imagine when negotiating a deal there’s give and take... Carrie will undoubtedly bring new HBO users while Carrie herself is getting a commercial-less concert special. This is how the game is played these days...

And you know this will be a top quality special, if any of you have seen other specials like this that HBO does, their production and overall quality is next level. We are in for a treat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope someone can cap it
    Countryfan2448 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    https://pressroom.umgnashville.com/n...G4tqrjsb1zbJQg

09/24/20
    CARRIE UNDERWOOD AND HBO MAX GET INTO THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT WITH A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL HIGHLIGHTING HER FIRST-EVER CHRISTMAS ALBUM, MY GIFT

ARTISTCARRIE UNDERWOOD
    HBO MAX announced today (September 24th) an exclusive holiday special for the platform starring seven-time GRAMMY® Award winner, five-time CMA® Female Vocalist of the Year and the 2020 ACM® Entertainer of the Year, Carrie Underwood, performing songs from her first ever full-length Christmas album, My Gift, which is available on CD and digital September 25th. The streamer will premiere the event this holiday season.
    Underwood will appear with a live orchestra and choir, performing a combination of beloved traditional favorites celebrating the spiritual nature of the holiday, as well as new original material from the highly-anticipated album, which will also be released on vinyl October 30th.
    “Carrie Underwood is a multi-faceted talent and we are thrilled to be partnering with her and our friends at Playtone to bring a dose of holiday cheer,” said Sarah Aubrey, head of original content, HBO Max.
    “The journey of writing and recording this album started last year when I finished my tour and we could have never anticipated the circumstances we would be in this year,” said Carrie Underwood. “Creating this album has been good for my heart, and I’m thrilled to get to share it with the world and to bring it to life with Playtone and HBO Max.”
    The Max Original special will be executive produced by Gary Goetzman and Tom Hanks for Playtone, along with Underwood and her manager, Ann Edelblute. The holiday event is set to shoot this fall.
    Carrie Underwood emerged from the promise of her 2005 American Idol win to become a true multi-format, multi-media superstar, spanning achievements in music, television, film, and now books, as a New York Times bestselling author. All seven of her albums, including her Greatest Hits album, have been certified platinum or multi-platinum, and she has sold more than 64 million records worldwide. She has also recorded 27 #1 singles, 14 of which she co-wrote, and continues to sell out arena tours across North America and the UK. Carrie starred as Maria von Trapp in NBC’s three-hour 2013 holiday blockbuster, the Emmy®-winning The Sound of Music Live!, whose airings attracted 44 million viewers, and she returns this Fall for her eighth season as the voice of primetime television’s #1 program, NBC’s Sunday Night Football. This past November, she hosted the CMA Awards for the 12th consecutive year. Apple Music recently announced Underwood’s own monthly radio show, which she hosts and produces and premiered on the newly launched Apple Music Country. Underwood released her sixth studio album in 2018, Cry Pretty, which has been certified Platinum and marks the first time she has co-produced her own album. She has won over 100 major awards including 7 GRAMMY® Awards, 15 ACM Awards including three for Entertainer of the Year (the first female in history to win twice and, as of 2020, the only female ever to win three times), 20 CMT Awards where she holds the record for the most award wins ever for the show, 7 CMA Awards, and 15 American Music Awards with her 7th win for Favorite Female Artist – Country and 6th win for Favorite Country Album for Cry Pretty, breaking the AMA record for Most Wins in the Favorite Country Album Category. She is a proud member of the Grand Ole Opry and founder/lead designer for her fitness and lifestyle brand, CALIA by Carrie Underwood. In March 2020, HarperCollins/Dey Street books published Carrie’s first book, FIND YOUR PATH: Honor Your Body, Fuel Your Soul, and Get Strong with the Fit52 Life, a fitness lifestyle book in which she shares her belief that fitness is a lifelong journey, providing a common-sense approach to staying active, eating well, and looking as beautiful as you feel, 52 weeks a year. That same month, Carrie also launched her new fitness app, fit52, which is a holistic wellness platform designed to encourage and support users on their personal wellness journey, and is available on the App Store and on Google Play.
    Carrie joined TODAY to talk about her new special, her first-ever holiday album, “My Gift,” the pandemic, and winning Entertainer of the Year at this year’s Academy of Country Music awards in a surprise tie with Thomas Rhett. Check out her appearance below.

Concert Stars
    I’m just happy it’s not on Universal’s steaming service as I believe that one is less popular than HBO/HBOMax and this will get Carrie more exposure. I imagine there may have even been a bidding war like there is for a lot of TV and perhaps HBOMax payed the most to get the special! Nonetheless, I’m super excited and I bet this special will become a classic that people watch every year from now on

Concert Stars
    I believe that Playtone, the production company operated by Gary Goetzman and Tom Hanks, has a deal with HBO based on their past projects. That likely was a key component in why the special will air on an HBO platform. Playtone has an amazing reputation in the entertainment industry and is known for the highest quality of work, so in my opinion, aligning with producers of this caliber is a huge win for Carrie and her team.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I cannot wait to hear her sing this new version of Oh Holy Night live!!!
    oldyfan likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...140220603.html

I don't know how to do the fancy hyperlink, but this article from Carrie makes it seem like Isaiah will most likely be on the special since she talks about family with it!
    Smokyiiis and Suellen like this.

Concert Stars
    I hope they eventually put this show on regular HBO. I can’t stream HBO Maxx through ROKU. Apparently there’s a contract dispute between ROKU and Amazon Prime.
    lizcarlo likes this.

Concert Stars
    Premieres 12/3 on HBO Max

You can watch anytime and it will not be removed after a certain period of time
    oldyfan and lizcarlo like this.

Posting my own Tweet, lol. Nice little write-up from TV Guide:

https://twitter.com/AbbeyJones11/sta...575973377?s=19
    lolita55 likes this.

Carrie Fans Maniac
    Concert Stars
    in Billboard update this week

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

•  
    Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast