Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast
Like Tree1587Likes

Thread: 'My Gift' - Christmas cd out Sept 25

Junior Carrie Follower
    I'm a bit late, but I agree with you guys that she needed to rerecord O Holy Night. And, she did! That's one of my favorites and I hope her new verse includes, "amd in His name, all oppression shall cease."

I've always loved Josh Grobans version and Mariah Carey. But, when I listened to Carrie's version, it sounded rushed and the vocals weren't really doing it for me. So happy she is redoing it! Hopefully this time we get a super long note at the end, as that adds so much power to it. For me, at least.
    adam1995 and oldyfan like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Btw, her vocals are great on it. I can't explain, but how it was sung, something always sounded off.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Agreed... Her recording of O Holy Night is one of my least favorites. I normally LOVE that song but I just did not like her version... It sounded rushed and just blah. But when she sang it on her Christmas special years ago, I had CHILLS. I am so happy she re-recorded it. Iím sure itís going to give me chills all over. 😍

Junior Carrie Follower
    Also... Only 10 days!

Still cant believe were getting a new album in 10 days...hoping she releases another new song on Friday and has a big week of promo coming up! Was hoping she would release a single to country radio something not christmasy but more gospel..
    CU4ever and oldyfan like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Wanting to get peopleís thoughts on what you think first week sales will be? Taylor hasnít left #1, since she released her album and tends to be pulling 60k-80k weekly. Do you think we can get Carrie the #1?
    oldyfan likes this.

I really hope so! What other releases are coming out on 9/25 anyone know?
    oldyfan likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    #1 is going to be difficult I think because not many people buy Christmas albums in September. But it IS possible. I think sheíll be the #1 country album easilyóunless it doesnít qualify for that chart since itís technically listed as a holiday album, not country. Machine Gun Kelly and Deftones are the only other two albums I know of coming out that day. MGK will likely take the #1 spot on the all-genre chart.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Reid View Post
    Wanting to get peopleís thoughts on what you think first week sales will be? Taylor hasnít left #1, since she released her album and tends to be pulling 60k-80k weekly. Do you think we can get Carrie the #1?
    Iím guessing around 75K. Hopefully steady sales all the way through Christmas! Gold by the end or the year would be perfect!
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Just got a notice from Amazon that THAT order won’t ship until 29 Sep. I wonder why? Hope that doesn’t happen with my other orders!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Just got a notice from Amazon that THAT order wonít ship until 29 Sep. I wonder why? Hope that doesnít happen with my other orders!
    Just got the same email. Bummer. Although I ordered something last week that was supposed to come this Monday, and came the Friday before which they didn't tell me about, so I guess it's possible to move back up.

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    ^I sent an email to costumer service at Amazon. They said that because it doesn't release until September 25; they will not ship it until then. So shipments will be sent out on that Friday.
    Maybe they changed their pre-order and receive on release day policy?
    rainbow1 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MSCarriefan View Post
    ^I sent an email to costumer service at Amazon. They said that because it doesn't release until September 25; they will not ship it until then. So shipments will be sent out on that Friday.
    Maybe they changed their pre-order and receive on release day policy?
    Obviously, the pandemic is causing deliveries to be more volatile, but they would usually ship right before release, because I always received a CD on the release day. I have to imagine it's pandemic related.
    rainbow1 likes this.

9 days I’ve already brought my digital copy and Friday morning the day of release I’m gonna drive to target grab a few copies of My Gift then head to work. I was going to preorder the physical copy but I want to hold it the day of release not wait until Monday and pay a few extra dollars for shipping

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    From Carrie’s mailing list today.

Suellen and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    Just got a notice from Amazon that THAT order wonít ship until 29 Sep. I wonder why? Hope that doesnít happen with my other orders!
    I didnít receive an email but according to my Amazon account Iím receiving the CD on the 29th. But I donít mind because I also bought a digital copy too.
    rainbow1 likes this.

I think we need to severely lower our expectations for first week sales. Obviously she's a great seller, but

a) A Christmas album in September... not exactly on people's mind
    b) People aren't buying physical during the pandemic
    c) Jobs lost + other monetary issues lately mean people aren't buying as much music

We're gonna see this album's biggest sales weeks in November/December. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see her open in the ~30k range. Points from streaming/song sales are gonna be negligible.

Carrie Follower
    I agree, Luke Bryan only did 60K on the back of three #1 singles. So far she has one song that was kind of thrown out there without much fanfare. Maybe she's going to ramp up promotion over the next couple of weeks, but I suspect she'll save the bulk of it for Novermber/December.
    CU4ever likes this.

Was hoping we got a new song tonight or tomorrow! Still coming down from the ACM high but her album comes out in a week!!

Junior Carrie Follower
    I just canceled my Amazon pre-order because I got an email saying it wouldnít arrive until the following Tuesday??? Gonna go to Walmart or Target that day instead and pick it up. I also have it pre-ordered on iTunes but I definitely want a physical copy. 😍

•  
    Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast