Page 23 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
Like Tree4431Likes

Thread: 'My Gift' - Christmas cd out Sept 25

Carrie Fans Maniac
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyfan View Post
    what I’m a little surprised at Melissa is Carrie putting ‘featuring Isaiah Fisher”. It will be interesting if he is actually singing...
    from the video she posted when she announced the cd it certainly seems like he's singing

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    And it just takes TLDB to another level......

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I remember how interviewers always wanted to pretty much only ask about What I Never Knew I Always Wanted out of all of the songs on Storyteller while she was doing promo. With whatever zoom/ virtual promo she does, I bet she’ll be asked a ton about Isaiah being on a song, lol.

And maybe the video for Tears of Gold was filmed too early (I didn’t think of the Olympics even), but maybe just maybe it could still be for the album if they wanted to film it while David was in the states and if it was written earlier on.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Not sure about that track list. "Let There Be Peace" could be an original as it is not listed as the traditional "Let There Be Peace On Earth". Also "Sweet Baby Jesus" is a title I have never heard before either.
    Since her last Xmas EP had only traditional xmas songs I am not that surprised. Just a bit disappointed that it will not have the light upbeat pace that would make it an over-the-top seller.

Dolly is definitely going for the light and fun "Holly Dolly Christmas" which will very likely take the thrown as a top selling holiday album.

I love Carrie and her voice and her heart. So I know for me personally I am going to love it. I just had hoped that she would make an album that would have songs that would last many years on holiday playlists. And though there will most likely be a single released that will get play, it's hard to imagine that "O Come All Ye Faithful" becomes a holiday Hit!! ha ha ha ha...

Oh well, best to enjoy it for what it is and not think of what it is not. I love the cover art and expect to love all the packaging!!

(My fingers are tightly crossed that "Hallelujah" with J.Legend is not the Leonard Cohen song.........hope hope hope... That song is constantly being mistaken as a spiritual song, and it is far far from spiritual. If it is the Cohen melody its likely that someone wrote new words. Still though, considering what the original song represents, I just pray it is not that!)
    CU4ever likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pkslongbeach View Post
    Not sure about that track list. "Let There Be Peace" could be an original as it is not listed as the traditional "Let There Be Peace On Earth". Also "Sweet Baby Jesus" is a title I have never heard before either.
    Since her last Xmas EP had only traditional xmas songs I am not that surprised. Just a bit disappointed that it will not have the light upbeat pace that would make it an over-the-top seller.

Dolly is definitely going for the light and fun "Holly Dolly Christmas" which will very likely take the thrown as a top selling holiday album.

I love Carrie and her voice and her heart. So I know for me personally I am going to love it. I just had hoped that she would make an album that would have songs that would last many years on holiday playlists. And though there will most likely be a single released that will get play, it's hard to imagine that "O Come All Ye Faithful" becomes a holiday Hit!! ha ha ha ha...

Oh well, best to enjoy it for what it is and not think of what it is not. I love the cover art and expect to love all the packaging!!

(My fingers are tightly crossed that "Hallelujah" with J.Legend is not the Leonard Cohen song.........hope hope hope... That song is constantly being mistaken as a spiritual song, and it is far far from spiritual. If it is the Cohen melody its likely that someone wrote new words. Still though, considering what the original song represents, I just pray it is not that!)
    While an icon who deserves only amazing things to happen to her, Dolly is no longer a big album seller. Her last studio, country album (2016) sold 20,000 copies in it's first week, and Only about 117,000 in its most recent update. Her last album, children's album (2017) sold 25,000 copies total! Her Christmas album likely will not out sell Carrie in any timeframe.

Concert Stars
    ^^I agree with you, PK! Carrie knows her music and I don't believe she would mistake Cohen's bitter breakup song for a Christian hymn. That would be so depressing. If there is a Hallelujah track, it is probably one of the "originals."
    oldyfan and pkslongbeach like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Pentatonix did put Hallelujah on their own Christmas album though...and it is the most streamed song on Spotify by a mile, so if it is on there, it wouldn't be entirely bad in terms of popularity.
    adam1995 and CU4ever like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pacarriefan View Post
    Pentatonix did put Hallelujah on their own Christmas album though...and it is the most streamed song on Spotify by a mile, so if it is on there, it wouldn't be entirely bad in terms of popularity.
    It'd be odd to hear on a Christmas album, but I'd love to hear Carrie's take on it.

I find it so weird that the 3 originals are titles that already exist! Like they couldn't come up with some other titles?? Lol

I really hope the originals are not in that list yet.
    CU4ever and teesharky like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    ^I don’t think the person who said those three original titles knew what they were talking about because it also was said originals aren’t included on there. They seemed confused with the arrangements and what not.
    countrymusicfan15 likes this.

^ I hope there is 3 or 4 originals and at least 2 upbeat songs so everybody is happy!

Insane Carrie Fan
    So, where do we think sales will open up at? I think she can get near 100K first week, then drop significantly, and as Christmas approaches the numbers rise steadily and stabilize at pretty nice levels.

Can't believe a studio version of this is coming!!

https://youtu.be/mXJMTGiXXfI

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Carrie and Dolly's albums will be released a week apart. I hope they both get a #1 album.
    txacar, oldyfan, Suellen and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I am
    happy about the John a Legend duet. I have wanted that forever! But is this real??
    oldyfan and ethelu like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    I'm a little perplexed why you would doubt this. We've seen countless pics from during the tour where Isaiah had a microphone and appeared to be singing. And we also know that Isaiah even at his young age has a love for Jesus. I guess I'm not surprised at all and I'm glad that she has let us share in Isaiah's talents.
    Don’t get me wrong, I will be thrilled. I’m surprised because she gives us little glances, but normally not a featured role.

Carrie Fans Maniac
    Concert Stars
    I'd guess the cd would open with around 40-50K ( that may be too high) and if it's as drama filled as the tracklist suggest maybe sell 200K by Christmas. If the Christian community really embraces it then it would do better.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    There is a Christmas version of the song "Hallelujah". Here are the lyrics:

I've heard about this baby boy
    Who's come to earth to bring us joy
    And I just want to sing this song to you
    It goes like this, the fourth, the fifth
    The minor fall, the major lift
    With every breath I'm singing Hallelujah
    Hallelujah

A couple came to Bethlehem
    Expecting child, they searched the inn
    To find a place for You were coming soon
    There was no room for them to stay
    So in a manger filled with hay
    God's only Son was born, oh Hallelujah
    Hallelujah

The shepherds left their flocks by night
    To see this baby wrapped in light
    A host of angels led them all to You
    It was just as the angels said
    You'll find Him in a manger bed
    Immanuel and Savior, Hallelujah
    Hallelujah

A star shown bright up in the east
    To Bethlehem, the wisemen three
    Came many miles and journeyed long for You
    And to the place at which You were
    Their frankincense and gold and myrrh
    They gave to You and cried out Hallelujah
    Hallelujah

I know You came to rescue me
    This baby boy would grow to be
    A man and one day die for me and you
    My sins would drive the nails in You
    That rugged cross was my cross, too
    Still every breath You drew was Hallelujah
    Hallelujah

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    I think that tracklist we saw was real, but incomplete.
    teesharky likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    At this point, as long as the vocals are "off-the-charts," I'll be happy.

•  
    Page 23 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast