Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Like Tree718Likes

Thread: 'My Gift' - Christmas cd out Sept 25

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    ^^the McCrary sisters might not be considered one of the special guests since they weren’t on CCA (so they're not a guarantee right now for one of the guests), leading us to believe it will possibly be more than one collab with other bigger people.
    oldyfan and teesharky like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy16 View Post
    There definitely used to be, but I agree, itís calmed down. I was proof of that haha. Still not a Taylor fan, but it would be cool to see Carrie and Taylor collaborate.
    I agree - I think it'd be really cool if they were to collaborate. I didn't understand Taylor's appeal early on in her career, because her voice and music just didn't resonate with me at all. Today, I actually enjoy a lot of her songs and think that even vocally she's improved by leaps and bounds from where she began. She's living proof of what vocal training can accomplish, even if you aren't particularly gifted in that area. Her voice is actually tolerable to listen to now, and I will say that she is a very solid songwriter and a shrewd businesswoman. I wouldn't be unhappy with a future collaboration between Carrie and her at all.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    Yup, her fans are still EXTREMELY salty and pressed over the fact that Carrie took over as the most successful of all the Idol alumni, and that she has managed to rack up about 5x the net worth of Kelly despite not having the same worldwide following due to her chosen genre. Kelly stans are among the most childish and insecure of any fanbase that I've ever encountered. Especially considering that most of us are older now. It doesn't take much to trigger their bitter emotions. The second Simon said on Idol that Carrie would become the most successful of any other previous contestant, Kelly's fans made up their mind that she was public enemy # 1. Then once that prediction actually came to fruition, the gloves came off and the brass knuckles went on lol. Here we are now, a decade and a half later - and still, nothing has changed.
    You are completely right Melissa!! I don't see the same hatred or dislike towards Kelly from Carrie's fanbase. Infact, most of the Carrie fans I know, including myself have always been extremely supportive towards Carrie. Regardless, I think it's important that Carrie's fanbase continue to maintain calm and respectful despite the Kelly's fanbase' negativity towards Carrie. That way we become the more mature and better fanbase.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    can we move on from discussing fans wars in this thread? thanks

Carrie has a penchant for naming albums after songs so I wonder if there's a 'My Gift' song on the cd.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    can we move on from discussing fans wars in this thread? thanks

Carrie has a penchant for naming albums after songs so I wonder if there's a 'My Gift' song on the cd.
    From the album trailer, I took her description of "Little Drummer Boy" to be the inspiration for "My Gift" - just as the little boy had brought his gift to Jesus, she was bringing hers. I think that is where the title originates, but it will be interesting to see.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    ^^^ And it will be interesting to see if Isaiah will be part of the production and being the boy playing the drums.....
    PRGuy79 and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    I think the outside of Greatest Hits and Carnival Ride and Storyteller.....the other releases were named after songs

Some Hearts
    Play On
    Blown Away
    Cry Pretty
    glenn7 and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    I hope she does a televised Christmas special to promote the album.

Concert Stars
    It may not be possible this year, but at some point I hope she does a Christmas tour. Or at least a residency at the Ryman or Opry.
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I hope she does a televised Christmas special to promote the album.
    Me too! It would be so much fun. Having Carrie in like a Christmas house set with some special guests too. I remember Kacey had one last year

Ultimate Carrie Fan carrieidol1's Avatar
    Concert Stars

'My Gift' - Christmas cd out Sept 25

She should do a TV special from the Opry (hopefully with an audience, but understandable if not)... but a full band, chorus, and orchestra with Carrie at the helm with the acoustics of the Opry in high production TV, yes please! Itís totally realistic and would be very special, I think.

She could throw JTTW and HGTA in there... have the guests from the album (whoever it is/they are), it can totally be done, and I think millions would tune in for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    oldyfan likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    If Kacey had a special considering she didnít even have a new Christmas album out last year, I hope Carrie would definitely be able to have one too! It would be very popular I think! And then maybe there could be an Opry show in addition with the orchestra...kind of like how the Ravinia show was supposed to be!
    oldyfan likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Whoever that designed the album artwork should be fired. The font and photo used for the album were bad. Who approves it? However, the dress does look pretty and striking to catch my attention.

Am I the only one who finds the album artwork looks bad.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I think it would be nice if Carrie staged a virtual release party for My Gift. I’m thinking something similar to her 2020 FC event. I hope she has some virtual things planned. Can’t wait to see what the track listing is going to be.
    pacarriefan, lizcarlo and oldyfan like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisaJessie View Post
    I think it would be nice if Carrie staged a virtual release party for My Gift. Iím thinking something similar to her 2020 FC event. I hope she has some virtual things planned. Canít wait to see what the track listing is going to be.
    She may still. I'd be cool to see as much promo as possible. Like commercials introducing her first Christmas album, a TV special from the Opry or Ryman. Some appearances on late night shows. Hopefully, they go full court press on this.
    pacarriefan and oldyfan like this.

Junior Carrie Follower ChoctawCountyAffair's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heymc View Post
    Whoever that designed the album artwork should be fired. The font and photo used for the album were bad. Who approves it? However, the dress does look pretty and striking to catch my attention.

Am I the only one who finds the album artwork looks bad.
    No, you're not. There is something that i dont like and i dont know what it is. I don't hate it but i don't love it either. But usually i don't really love the albums covers (except for GH#1 which i loved). For example, i prefer the Japan version of the cover of Blown Away instead of the US one.

Ever since hearing her Christmas songs on YouTube I have wanted Christmas cd from her. I am even more excited now because of the beautiful way she sang on Cry Pretty (Low, Spinning Bottles, Cry Pretty for couple of examples). I want to know the track list so bad.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    I wonder when she will release the first single. I say early September.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    How many copies is everyone buying? I’ve got three on order right now. I’ll probably get more. ☺️
    oldyfan likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    ^as of now I pre-ordered off of Amazon and I wanted the ornament off of her website so I got that one too. But I like actually going to the store too. I am still waiting for iTunes pre-orders to come up also. Hopefully soon that will be available. I forget when pre-orders on iTunes started for Cry Pretty.
    oldyfan and teesharky like this.

•  
    Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast