Moving to Canada for COLLEGE!!!!

Hey!! I posted earlier how I'm heading to the University of Waterloo for college...Well, guess what? I'M LEAVING IN 20 HOURS TIME!!!!

Yaaaahhhh! I'm so excited! I've got all my packing done, just waiting for the time to go by! It's less than one day away!!!!!!

Wish me luck

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    Hey!! I posted earlier how I'm heading to the University of Waterloo for college...Well, guess what? I'M LEAVING IN 20 HOURS TIME!!!!

Yaaaahhhh! I'm so excited! I've got all my packing done, just waiting for the time to go by! It's less than one day away!!!!!!

Wish me luck
    Welcome to Canada. I am sure you will be fine. What program are you taking? But best of luck anyway.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    May you have all A's,

Ace
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post

Wish me luck
    good luck carebear4eva....and welcome to Canada...you're going to love it here. I got my computer science from UW and did the co-op program. This is one of the better over-all university....and you make the right choice. Have fun and good luck again

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    good luck carebear4eva....and welcome to Canada...you're going to love it here. I got my computer science from UW and did the co-op program. This is one of the better over-all university....and you make the right choice. Have fun and good luck again
    Thanks a bunch! Wow, I'd never have guessed there was a former UW student here on CF!

I'm studying Software Eng, co-op, which is rather similar to your program too! I'm PMing you a couple of questions I have, please take your time to reply to them. Thanks for the wishes

Quote Originally Posted by robinannhunt View Post
    May you have all A's,
    The ultimate college prayer

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
    Welcome to Canada. I am sure you will be fine. What program are you taking? But best of luck anyway.
    Hey, thanks a lot! I'm studying Software Engineering, co-op. Thanks again!

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Welcome to Canada! Good luck at university!

Carrie Guru
    Have a great flight and WELCOME to Canada!!!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Congratulations! I hope you love it.

Concert Stars
    Congrats! Have a great time in Canada! (:

Concert Stars
    Congrats! And good luck in Canada.

Junior Carrie Follower legallyblonde529's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Welcome to Canada! Now you're like 30 minutes from me, not even that far!

just another fan

wanted to crack some canada joke but couldnt come up with anything... so, just glad that you'll now get to enjoy winters with some of us

Carrie Guru
    Here you go Jeff....

CANADIANS IN HELL
    Two guys from Toronto die and wake up in hell.
    The next day the devil stops in to check on them and sees them dressed in parkas, mittens and toques warming themselves around the fire. The devil asks them, "What are you doing? Isn't it hot enough for you?"
    The two guys reply, "Well, you know, we're from Canada, the land of snow and ice and cold. We're just happy for a chance to warm up a little bit, eh."
    The devil decides that these two aren't miserable enough and turns up the heat.
    The next morning he stops in again and there they are, still dressed in parkas, toques and mittens. The devil asks them again, "It's awfully hot down here, can't you guys feel it?"
    Again the two guys reply, "Well, like we told ya yesterday, we're from Canada, the land of snow and ice and cold. We're just happy for a chance to warm up a little bit, eh."
    This gets the devil a little steamed up and he decides to fix these two guys. He cranks the heat up as high as it will go. The people are wailing and screaming everywhere. He stops by the room with the two guys from Canada and finds them in light jackets and bucket hats, grilling sausage and drinking beer.
    The devil is astonished, "Everyone down here is in abject misery, and you two seem to be enjoying yourselves."
    The two Canadians reply, "Well, ya know, we don't get too much warm weather up there in Toronto so we've just got to have a cook-out when the weather's THIS nice."
    The devil is absolutely furious, he can hardly see straight. Finally he comes up with the answer. The two guys love the heat because they have been cold all their lives. The devil decides to turn all the heat off in hell.
    The next morning, the temperature is below zero, icicles are hanging everywhere; people are shivering so bad that they are unable to do anything but wail, moan and gnash their teeth.
    The devil smiles and heads for the room with the two Canadians.
    He gets there and finds them back in their parkas, toques, and mittens. NOW they are jumping up and down, cheering, yelling and screaming like mad men!!!
    The devil is dumbfounded, "I don't understand, when I turn up the heat you're happy. Now it's freezing cold and you're still happy. What is wrong with you two???"
    The Torontonians look at the devil in surprise, "Well, don't you know? If Hell freezes over, it must mean the Leafs have won the Stanley Cup."

just another fan

that's a really good one

Concert Stars
    Good luck and have fun in college! Don't party too hard

•