One Millionth Post Poster sixpointone's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Rest in Peace my friend Patty

Hi All,

It's been ages since I've been here, and posted, but my name is John and I love Carrie and CarrieFans. It is through this site that I came to know and later meet Patty (plrizzio). I was there the day she met Carrie, which was a life highlight for her!

Sadly, I got word that after a battle with illness, Patty passed away. She never let me know how ill she'd become, caring more for others than she did for herself. It is my hope that she is in a better place, no longer in pain, listening to Carrie's angelic voice.

I love you Patty, and I to borrow a phrase "I won't forget to remember you."

Love always,
    John

Concert Stars
    John, I have never had the pleasure to meet you or your friend Patty, but I wanted to let you know how sorry I am for your loss. I hope that you will always have wonderful memories of your friendship. Patty sounds like an incredible person indeed!

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Hi John. It is nice to hear from you again even though it is a poignant post. Have I met Patty? At what show were you with her and carrie?

Concert Stars
    Thank you Cassie! I'm certain Patty would have loved to meet you, and would appreciate your kind words!

Hi Robin, it seems like it has been forever! I met Patty when Carrie would perform in CT, so I am unsure if you ever got to meet her in person. And even though I feel a great deal of loss, I know that I am blessed to know her, and keep her in my heart.

Concert Stars
    Hi Hil, it's been ages, not sure ifyou remember me, but I do remember you. I hope you're well. Patty was indeed a CF member, and I believe her screen name was "plrizzio"

just another fan

Patty's profile is here http://www.carriefans.com/forums/members/plrizzio.html

Thanks John for letting us know, and I'm sorry for your loss.

Concert Stars
    John, you don't know me but I am very sorry for your loss. I will keep your friend Patty in my prayers tonight.

Concert Stars
    John your loss is our loss!! You have my heartfelt condolences my friend! I went to your friend Pattys page and left her a message i know she will get it!!!

Concert Stars
    Wow-what a blast from the past. I'm so sorry to hear of this John. I had spoken with Patty a few times and met her in CT. I just checked and indeed still have her number on my phone. I'm so sorry to hear this news! She was an absolutely sweet and kind woman with a big heart. My heart goes out to her family.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    I am sorry for your loss, John. Our common love for Carrie has brought many wonderful people together, and I don't think it happens by chance.

May she rest in peace.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathie Wynkoop View Post
    I am sorry for your loss, John. Our common love for Carrie has brought many wonderful people together, and I don't think it happens by chance.

May she rest in peace.
    Well said Cathie, and so true.

Concert Stars
    John, I am so sorry for your loss, and will keep Patty and her family in my prayers tonight.

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by litchfield93 View Post
    Well said Cathie, and so true.
    Ditto...

Concert Stars
    Thank you all for your kind words. I know Patty, and Carrie Underwood herself, would appreciate them. I'm still kind of at a loss, but am so appreciative for CF, as not only was this where I first met Patty, but where I turned for support now.

Heather, Patty would talk about you at times and thought very highly of you. She was always touched that you called, I think it was a New Year's Eve, and played a song for her during a Carrie concert.

I wish I knw what to say, because thanks is not enough. Bless you all!

Concert Stars
    Thanks John. It is nice to see you back on here, though I wish it wasn't under these circumstances. I was in touch with Don (donturner) and Michelle (LiLBiT) to let them know and they were also very saddened to hear this news. I can't remember which show it was that I called her (i.e. whether it was New Years or another time), but I do remember how excited she was! What a sweet woman and what a tragic loss.

•