Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Like Tree286Likes

Thread: Miranda Lambert - Wildcard Era

Love her as an artist. In my opinion Miranda is one of the most talented writers in music. She writes such relatable music that is so well written. I like that she uses her emotions and vulnerability. That's one of the things I love about her as an artists. It is part of what keeps her music amazing. That is one of the reasons I have been fan since Kerosene. She delivers the goods with her talent.

txacar likes this.

txacar likes this.

Smokyiiis and rcramer like this.

I like the video. Its very cute video. She looks so happy.

This is probably the most natural look Miranda has had in a music video. She looks very much at ease. And the fact that she's being openly affectionate with her husband is something we've never seen from her before. She feels genuinely happy and content, and also comfortable in her skin to express herself the way she wants. To put her love on display in this manner is a first. Really loved the video!
    lizcarlo likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Yes I have to agree. Nice to see Miranda very happy. I also really like the song too.....
    lizcarlo likes this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHQnF5YB5Dp/

Miranda is set to feature on Track 7 of Barry Gibb’s new Nashville Songbook, Greenfields, which reimagines BeeGees’ classics. The album with Miranda’s rendition of #JiveTalkin is to be released on January 8 2021. #discofringequeen

“I tried to choose all the people that I admired the most: the greatest country artists I’ve ever known.” — BG

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/...try-new-album/

BY LAKE SCHATZON NOVEMBER 06, 2020, 9:20AM

Dolly Parton (photo by Ben Kaye), Barry Gibb (photo by Nathan Dainty), Jason Isbell (photo by Ben Kaye)
    FACEBOOK
    TWITTER
    REDDIT
    Bee Gees co-founder Barry Gibb has announced a star-studded new album called Greenfields: The Gibb Brothers Songbook, Vol. 1. The effort features classic songs from the Gibb brothers reimagined with assistance from a wide range of country and Americana stars.

GREENFIELDS boasts contributions from Dolly Parton, Keith Urban, Sheryl Crow, Jason Isbell, Miranda Lambert, and Gillian Welch. Alison Krauss, Brandi Carlile, Olivia Newton-John, and Little Big Town also appear on the LP. The entire project was produced by Grammy-winning Nashville native Dave Cobb, known for his work with John Prine and The Highwomen.

Dolly Parton (photo by Ben Kaye), Barry Gibb (photo by Nathan Dainty), Jason Isbell (photo by Ben Kaye)
    FACEBOOK
    TWITTER
    REDDIT
    Bee Gees co-founder Barry Gibb has announced a star-studded new album called Greenfields: The Gibb Brothers Songbook, Vol. 1. The effort features classic songs from the Gibb brothers reimagined with assistance from a wide range of country and Americana stars.

GREENFIELDS boasts contributions from Dolly Parton, Keith Urban, Sheryl Crow, Jason Isbell, Miranda Lambert, and Gillian Welch. Alison Krauss, Brandi Carlile, Olivia Newton-John, and Little Big Town also appear on the LP. The entire project was produced by Grammy-winning Nashville native Dave Cobb, known for his work with John Prine and The Highwomen.
    In a statement about the recording process, Gibb said, “From the first day we stepped into RCA Studios in Nashville (the very place where Elvis, Willie, Waylon, Roy, the Everly Brothers and so many other legends made their magic) the album took on a life of its own.” The ’70s icon added,

“I couldn’t be more grateful for the opportunity to work with Dave and all the artists who stopped by. They were all incredibly generous with their time and talent. They inspired me more than words can express. I feel deep down that Maurice [Gibb] and Robin [Gibb] would have loved this album for different reasons. I wish we could have all been together to do it… but I think we were.”

FACEBOOK
    TWITTER
    REDDIT

In a statement about the recording process, Gibb said, “From the first day we stepped into RCA Studios in Nashville (the very place where Elvis, Willie, Waylon, Roy, the Everly Brothers and so many other legends made their magic) the album took on a life of its own.” The ’70s icon added,

“I couldn’t be more grateful for the opportunity to work with Dave and all the artists who stopped by. They were all incredibly generous with their time and talent. They inspired me more than words can express. I feel deep down that Maurice [Gibb] and Robin [Gibb] would have loved this album for different reasons. I wish we could have all been together to do it… but I think we were.”

Editors' Picks
    Bee Gees' Barry Gibb knighted
    Bee Gees’ Barry Gibb officially knighted by Prince Charles
    The Highwomen, photo by Alysse-Gafkjen
    10 Country Albums Every Music Fan Should Own

In addition to new takes on Bee Gees favorites like “Jive Talkin'” and “How Deep is Your Love”, the new full-length includes “Words of a Fool”, a collaboration with Isbell. According to Variety, the track was originally written decades ago by Gibb, but is only finally seeing release today.

“Barry Gibb is one of the greatest songwriters and singers in popular music history, and I’m happy to say he still has that beautiful voice and that magical sense of melody,” Isbell remarked. “Working with him on this project has been one of the great honors of my career. He’s a prince.”

Check out the duet below, followed by a GREENFIELDS trailer that teases even more new music. The new album is officially out January 8th via Capitol.

GREENFIELDS: The Gibb Brothers Songbook, Vol. 1 Tracklist:
    01. “I’ve Gotta Get a Message to You” (feat. Keith Urban)
    02. “Words of a Fool” (feat. Jason Isbell)
    03. “Run to Me” (feat. Brandi Carlile)
    04. “Too Much Heaven” (feat. Alison Krauss)
    05. “Lonely Days” (feat. Little Big Town)
    06. “Words” (feat. Dolly Parton)
    07. “Jive Talkin’” (feat. Miranda Lambert, Jay Buchanan)
    08. “How Deep Is Your Love” (feat. Tommy Emanuel, Little Big Town)
    09. “How Can You Mend a Broken Heart” (feat. Sheryl Crow)
    10. “To Love Somebody” (feat. Jay Buchanan)
    11. “Rest Your Love on Me” (feat. Olivia Newton-John)
    12. “Butterfly” (feat. Gillian Welch, David Rawlings)

What songs would you like to see Miranda cover?

Collin Raye Shows His "Scars," With Miranda Lambert on Harmony | CMT

After nearly three decades in country music, Collin Raye is ready for you to see his “Scars.” He’s just unveiled a lyric video for the emotional new song, written by his brother Scotty Wray. Miranda Lambert guests on harmony.

The poignant single is also the lead track on Raye’s first new album of new material in over a decade, also titled SCARS. He’ll release it on November 20 via BFD/Audium Nashville. “SCARS is the album I’ve dreamed of making my entire recording career,” he says.

Raye recorded the 14-song album in Nashville with producer David Ferguson. Vince Gill sings harmony on “Rodeo Girl” and the Black Keys’ Dan Auerbach plays electric guitar throughout the project.
    “I sincerely hope that the people who have embraced my music the last 29 years will embrace SCARS and find enjoyment and emotional inspiration from this album,” he adds. “Having Miranda and Vince sing with me on this record gives it an extra special element of ‘coolness.’ I’m excited for the release!”

One of the most consistent stars of the ’90s, Raye notched 21 Top 10 Billboard country hits and has continued touring and recording special projects over the last two decades. Although he hasn’t been known as a songwriter, SCARS may change that.

“I wrote or co-wrote every song on the record, except for songs written or co-written by my brother Scotty, including a couple we wrote together,” he says. “Being that we started our musical journey together as teenagers, then in our 20s we began to go separate paths, this album is truly a ‘full circle’ moment in my life. The timing for this is just right.”

Congrats to Miranda.

Miranda Lambert to be inducted into the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of*Fame - Music News - ABC News Radio

Miranda Lambert to be inducted into the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame

Miranda Lambert will soon officially be a cowgirl.

The country superstar will be inducted into the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame in her home state of Texas in 2021.

Miranda is in the company of four other nominees including painter Pop Chalee, eight-time Women’s Professional Rodeo Association roping champ Lari Dee Guy, show jumping Olympic medalist and first licensed female jockey in the U.S. Kathryn Kusner, and cowboy hat designer Lavonna Koger.

The National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame is described in its mission statement as a place that "honors and celebrates women, past and present, whose lives exemplify the courage, resilience and independence that helped shape the West, and fosters an appreciation of the ideals and spirit of self-reliance they inspire."

The induction luncheon is set to take place on April 27 at the Dickies Arena in Fort Worth.
    txacar likes this.

•  
    Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314