• 1 Post By rcramer
  • 1 Post By adam1995

Thread: New reba album!

Insane Carrie Fan

New reba album!

EKSBPOXRXAI6RGOCZ7FG7T3BBQ.jpg

Reba McEntire: New Project Might Be 'the Most Country' Album Yet

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.d277fb4f3b5c

Reba is working on a new album! She has said it will be her most country sounding yet. The Washington Post article mentions a Spring 2019 release.

I cannot wait!

Wish we could find song titles like with Carrie. I have no idea how to do that though, lol.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    What people tend to do is look for new song registrations on the publishing rights websites. However, this can involve a lot of guesswork and false leads - and really only works at all if the singer is also a prolific songwriter. Reba hasn't typically tended to write most of her album cuts, and uses a pretty diverse range of songwriters, making clues difficult to find, until she starts announcing titles.

The producer, Buddy Cannon, hasn't often worked with her, but he also co-produced one of her earlier albums, "Room to Breathe", about 15 years ago.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    What people tend to do is look for new song registrations on the publishing rights websites. However, this can involve a lot of guesswork and false leads - and really only works at all if the singer is also a prolific songwriter. Reba hasn't typically tended to write most of her album cuts, and uses a pretty diverse range of songwriters, making clues difficult to find, until she starts announcing titles.

The producer, Buddy Cannon, hasn't often worked with her, but he also co-produced one of her earlier albums, "Room to Breathe", about 15 years ago.
    Yeah, it would definitely be tough, especially because if Reba is listed as a performer, she's had soooooooo many songs over the years, it'd be nearly impossible.

Who else has Buddy Cannon worked with? I know he is a major producer, but of course I'm blanking on who else he's produced? Did he work with George Strait at all?

George Strait has recorded several songs written by Buddy Cannon - but I don't think he worked with him as producer

He has, however, produced for many big names, including George Jones. His longest association was with Kenny Chesney, spanning 17 years. He also produced the classic Willie Nelson/Merle Haggard album "Django & Jimmie"

One of his latest productions has been Alison Krauss' "Windy City", from which she's just received two Grammy nominations, for Country Performance and Roots Performance. You can see him sitting beside Alison in this video, of the Country nominated performance, "Losing You". It's interesting that he's definitely toned down the lush "Pop" production of Owen Bradley's 1963 original Nashville Sound hit for Brenda Lee, and modernized the music, making it more Progressive and more in line with the Roots sector - this may be (broadly) a clue to the direction he might take with Reba's album:

adam1995 likes this.

The tracklist for Reba's album, "Stronger Than the Truth" is now out:

1. “Swing All Night Long With You” (Sidney Cox, Jon Randall)
    2. “Stronger Than the Truth” (Hannah Louise Blaylock, Autumn McEntire)
    3. “Storm in a Shot Glass” (Mary Browder, Will Robinson, Leslie Satcher)
    4. “Tammy Wynette Kind of Pain” (Brandy Clark, Mark Narmore, Shelley Skidmore)
    5. “Cactus In A Coffee Can” (Steve Seskin, Allen Shamblin)
    6. “Your Heart” (Kellys Collins)
    7. “The Clown” (Dallas Davidson, Hillary Lindsey, James Slater)
    8. No U in Oklahoma” (Reba McEntire, Ronnie Dunn, Donna McSpadden)
    9. The Bar’s Getting Lower” (Kellys Collins, Erin Enderlin, Liz Hengber, Alex Kline)
    10. “In His Mind” (Reba McEntire, Liz Hengber, Tommy Lee James)
    11. “Freedom” (Jay Brunswick, Tommy Cecil, Jaida Dreyer, John Pierce)
    12. “You Never Gave Up On Me” (Billy Aerts, Burton Collins)

There are some interesting writers involved - including a strong representation of women. I was particularly pleased to see two of my favourites, Erin Enderlin and Alex Kline (I've posted other collaborations by them on the board in the past). Also Brandy Clark (whose tweet led me to see this list). Among the men are Allen Shamblin (from Carrie's "The Bullet" and Miranda's "The House That Built Me") and Jon Randall (from Carrie's much missed "Oklahoma Wind").

Reba co-wrote two herself (an aspect that's she's not concentrated on in much of her earlier work) - they are "No U in Oklahoma” and "“In His Mind"
    Autumn McEntire (an established songwriter in her own right) is Reba's neice.

It's interesting to see that Hillary Lindsey's contribution is "The Clown". This was (as far as I know) the only song that Hillary had issued as a recorded song with herself as singer. She recorded it, ten years ago, as part of a tribute to the 4H clubs, the rural co-operation movement. (I love that version, & it will be quite hard for me to compare it to a new revival.) For those who don't know it, this is the song:

rainbow1 and Suellen like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    I really can't wait for this, and with Reba hosting the show two days later, it will be great exposure.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Thanks for posting this.... It is nice to see Reba with new music... I love the title tracks....... I have always been a huge fan of the Queens of Country Music....... Reba held that torch for so many years before Carrie came onto the scene........

Cant wait to hear this new album......

Insane Carrie Fan
    The new song is great! Hopefully, it gets some radio play, obviously odds are against Reba, being that she is a woman and in her 60s, but hopefully, radio at least respects her and plays it a few times, lol. Otherwise, I cannot wait for this album!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Just another reason why Reba has captivated my heart all these years.... Her amazing song choices and her way she delivers her heart breaking songs, is what makes folks fans of her music......

Sad but so true the song and the message....... I love her......
    adam1995 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    One of our local country stations is playing GS's new single. In fact, at midnight every night they play the top 12 most requested songs and the new GS made this little countdown. So, maybe, if they're playing GS and the new RM song is good than maybe they'll play it????????????????????? I know there's a BIG difference between GS & RM, I'm just trying to be hopeful that things will change for ALL women on country radio!!!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Just so it's accessible.

rainbow1 likes this.

•