Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Shania Twain "Now" Era

Concert Stars

Shania Twain "Now" Era

I cannot believe it's finally here! Well, the first single is here and the album to be released September 29.

Concert Stars
    First single, "Life's About To Get Good". I absolutely love it! It's so uplifting and fun. It's very reminiscent of Fleetwood Mac with an eighties feel.

Concert Stars
    She performed another brand new song on the Today Show Friday, "Swinging With My Eyes Closed." It sounds different for Shania but I'm definitely loving it!

Momin likes this.

Concert Stars
    "Life's About To Get Good" from the Today Show:

Concert Stars
    Bobby Bones interview:

Momin, hjj and rainbow1 like this.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Enjoyed the Bobby Bones interview.

Quote Originally Posted by twaintrain View Post
    I cannot believe it's finally here! Well, the first single is here and the album to be released September 29.

Other than clothes and her name written I wouldn't look at this pic and realize it's Shania.

Concert Stars
    New song is out!

Poor Me:

Concert Stars

Concert Stars
    The video for "Life's About To Get Good"!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I saw the video on the Hot 20 countdown on CMT yesterday. It was a very fun video, although she certainly had no problem dissing her ex in it, lol. It showed a picture of them and she flipped the frame upside down and he "fell" out of the picture, lol.
    "
    rainbow1 likes this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Great to have Shania back after all these years. She looks great! Like the video. Roll on September 29!

Concert Stars
    I like the new songs but I don't LOVE them just yet. I don't know. Maybe I was expecting too much? Her old music was soooo great. I think the writing is missing something-- maybe the Mutt factor. Sorry- I hate saying that-- as I know what he did to her was terrible. But the songs are lacking the SMASH factor that some of her former songs had.

I notice they are not selling well on itunes. That surprises me as I expected her to come out really strong with her comeback. Maybe it has just been too long for her to smash hard commercially?

But either way-- I am glad she is back. I like the cover of the album.
    _luvqry likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    ^^ Tee, I agree... I think the wait was to long as well..... But she looks fabulous no matter what and the video is great.........
    teesharky likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I get what you're saying Tee. I am excited and a little anxious to hear the full album. I hope it lives up to our expectations. She is such an icon. I'm just glad she is back and making music again.

http://www.musicweek.com/talent/read...omeback/069315

Also discussed is how Twain approached recording Now in the studio without her ex-husband and longterm producer Mutt Lange, eventually opting to oversee production herself with other collaborators.

“I had collaborated for 15 years with Mutt, I never imagined that I wouldn’t be married to him, and I never imagined that I wouldn’t be creating with him,” said Twain. “I was so sure that that was forever, and I believed in it. Within our collaboration, obviously I did a lot of writing on my own – we would write separately and then come together with our ideas – but I had never realised all of my ideas to completion alone, because we would always collaborate at some point along our creativity. So I’m thinking, Well, I already know how to write alone, I don’t need a collaborator to do that; but can I come to the end on my own? That’s the part I need to do alone. I’ve never made a record without Mutt, I’ve never recorded my vocals, I’ve never arranged the backing vocals without Mutt. There were so many things.”
    teesharky likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I just think after someone has been gone this long, there really just isn't interest in new music. People would rather hear the hits. I think it's the same with Garth and his comeback - no one really cares about the new music. They can probably still sell out stadiums, but people are going to hear the hits and not the new stuff. People like Tim, Keith, and Kenny who have continuously made music and evolved with the times do better than someone who takes a hiatus for over a decade and decides to make a comeback.

Then, unfortunately, you also have some like Brad or Martina who never really took a hiatus, but people have tired of their music and while they can still make money touring, the interest in their music isn't there either. If Faith were trying to come back on her own, there wouldn't be any interest either, I don't think. It's just because it's her and Tim together that anyone cares. A music career is obviously a very delicate thing and if not handled just right you can lose momentum completely, unless you have an extremely solid fanbase or learn how to reinvent yourself along the way - just enough to keep current fans and maybe gain some new ones without completely changing who you are.
    _luvqry, teesharky and Josh like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Then, unfortunately, you also have some like Brad or Martina who never really took a hiatus, but people have tired of their music and while they can still make money touring, the interest in their music isn't there either.
    And maybe if MM has taken even a short hiatus, her voice wouldn't be shot now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    Then, unfortunately, you also have some like Brad or Martina who never really took a hiatus, but people have tired of their music and while they can still make money touring, the interest in their music isn't there either. If Faith were trying to come back on her own, there wouldn't be any interest either, I don't think. It's just because it's her and Tim together that anyone cares. A music career is obviously a very delicate thing and if not handled just right you can lose momentum completely, unless you have an extremely solid fanbase or learn how to reinvent yourself along the way - just enough to keep current fans and maybe gain some new ones without completely changing who you are.
    I think the same.
    I think Faith lost a lot of her fanbase when she started going pop (just like LeAnn Rimes did, although her country comeback with Something's Gotta Give was successful). And after that, Faith just disappeared. That's the sad part with female country musicians. If they disappear, people lose interest and they become icons of the past.
    Reba, although, is an exception. I think people are still quite interested in what she has to do.
    teesharky and Josh like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    ^^ I agree with you on Reba...... Even now she has really not been charting, but of all the female Icons she remained the most current..

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Reba and Dolly don't really have the chart/sales success anymore, which is more of what I was thinking about, but in general their talents span multiple entertainment outlets, which has really helped them to stay at the forefront. Shania just disappeared completely and while Faith dabbled in movies a bit, she never had the success of Reba and Dolly in that area. They are truly the queens of branding themselves.
    Thanks so much Danielle!

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast